Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Got a cracking black Friday deal on a new helmet.

I ordered at 4:30 this morning and got an email at 9:30 from DPD to say it's shipped and will be delivered tomorrow.

Also had my car retested because my dipped beams were too high, which passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

The weeks and months are flying by, but i love the slight chill outside and the moon looks great.(When you can see it!) ha

• Registered Users Posts: 18,853 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Just the internet for finding the lyrics of songs. I was just on a buzz of listening to 'Lake of Fire' by the Meat Puppets. Made famous by the Nirvana cover.

There was one problem for years I was singing "I know a lady she comes from Maynooth...." 😎

Now I know well it wasn't Maynooth. But thanks to the wonders of the internet today I finally found the answer the Lyric was "I know a lady she comes from Duluth...."

And Dulth is St Louis Minnesota. I will probably stick to Maynooth though.

--

And another song one. I was listening to "Fragile Happiness" from the Super Furry Animals written in 2001. I must not have listened to it for a long while. Because there was a line in it that cracked me up that never had much meaning before.

"Does Will Smith lie?

Does he ever cave in and cry?"

--

I thought to myself how prophetic was that!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My brother was adamant that "You're so vain" went "...and when you're not, you're with some underworld spy or the wife of a postman..."

It took some work (and a pair of good headphones) to convince him that was not the case.

Popping this bubble wrap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

Had to get hair and beard cut today, down to my favorite barber at eleven, dreading a Saturday morning queue. Walked in and straight into the chair, bim bam buzz. In and out in twenty minutes.

And I smell like lemons and minty niceness thanks to whatever stuff he sprayed while cutting it :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Goodigal

A hot chocolate and a seat in an empty garden at the local visitor centre. Blissful few mins peace watching a robin bounce around.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The crisp and dry winter weather we've been getting the last few days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The friendly tuxedo cat that was sitting my wall today when I got back from the village 😄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Finally found a screw in 85 watt bulb for my bedroom stand lamp…. not that common in store it seems… mmmmm trivial.

Sorted my phone loose charger cable/port woes.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Discovering the timetable for a new bus service through our village which runs late on weekends meaning I don't have to always drive on nights out now 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,840 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Off topic: misheard song lyrics are known as "mondegreens", after a misheard lyric in its own right.

On topic: going to see Michael Fry later, with pizza beforehand. Cannae wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Don’t go into SuperValu very often but when I do and I remember that their own brand chocolate covered peanuts are the best and I can now buy a few bags, that makes me unreasonably happy 😆

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Edited out

Post edited by mikemac2 on

Added a one4all voucher to my phone and was able to tap it to pay for stuff in Tesco despite the staff saying it wouldn't work.

I have a tea brack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭DC999

Got gas boiler fixed today and only charged the usual yearly service fee. Wouldn't turn on. House nice and toastie now

I met a huuuge Bactrian camel today.

Had never seen one in real life and never realized how much they are such ginormous fuzzy friendly beautiful impressive animals.

I imagine the ones that run wild in asia would probably be less friendly but the one i met was like a 12 foot tall playful puppy.

Big smiley head on me :)

• Advertisement

Car pulled out of exactly where I wanted to park earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Time spent with nice people

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

A night out with friends when everyone is in brilliant form, fab food, great bar and music like your spotify playlist, roll on next weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The song Lakes Of Canada by the Innocence mission…..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Good song. Came across it years ago. I even bought the album it came on. Birds of my neighborhood

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

I don't know if this is a sin, but i just twist bubble wrap to pop most of them at once.

That's one of the acceptable techniques, provided you then go and search for the individual bubbles you might have missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Th that I have the space, quiet and resources, I can spend a Saturday afternoon sitting under a hot blanket and sipping ginger tea!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I finally solve Ballsort 111 🫣 . It took quite a while !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I have to get a cat . When i was a child we had loads of them , and because I have green eyes I thought I could see in the dark. I’m adopting a kitten asap .

Advertisement