Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

That's bitter sweet. I too lose weight in times of stress or worrying from loss of appetite

But I might look good on the outside but it's never worth the turmoil inside.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ruth...less

Nah it's not turmoil just a bit of stress. Lots of people stressed atm but thanks.

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,278 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

A pretty successful Christmas Day….

nice gifts, delicious food and relaxation without any drama.

I rather sneakily put the house phone on voicemail as I could see the mother getting stressed as the calls kept coming in as she was almost finished cooking for everyone, but Mr sociable my Dad insists on answering any and all calls without considering that a big Christmas dinner for a few people takes care, concentration and multitasking and throwing in phone calls on top of utilising pots and pans, oven, cooker / hobs, and doing everything else all to time isn’t very fair….

same tactics next year so…😁

• Registered Users Posts: 13,901 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I went to the shop for 1 thing , it doesn't open till 9 but he let me in. Sound lad

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Putting away the washed and left-out-to-dry bowls and dishes used for Christmas meals.

The look on the eldest child's face(he is grumpy and disbelieving of everything) when on Christmas Eve the local tesco had broken carrots left out for Rudolf!

No doubt later on in the year he'll be complaining that it's not fair on the other reindeer.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭thomil

To be fair, he's right, good to see some solidarity on his side.

"Reindeer of the world unite. You have nothing to lose but your antlers" 😁😁

Love the combination of sunshine and wind we currently have. For some reason, the howling of the wind always makes me happy...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Trying to take advantage of some online sales, found there was a chunk more than I expected on the family card(putting money back in my pocket) then when the card worked(it has various issues bc of 3rd part validation) I was offered a discount code which took almost a tenner off the price!

Between the two incidents, I saved almost half of the original amount bc of this stroke of luck!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

I tend to switch jobs and careers frequently coz I got commitment issues 😁 anyway last two jobs I've really enjoyed. In my 2nd last job one of my youngling ( like 20 something ) colleagues nonchalantly told me about him and his bfs plans for Christmas (last year) and more recently another told me how she gets her gf to do her nails for her. Colleagues that I'm not that close to so wouldn't know much about them but I liked the way they talked like they don't have justify themselves and obviously they don't. I use to be very outspoken about things and my views in general when I was younger but gave it up coz it wasn't worth the hassle. Sometimes I see people who gave me crap voicing the same views I had then, now and I just laugh. I'm happy that things are changing cause although I'm not in that situation (not that it is a situation but) I know how it feels to be in a minority and to be judged harshly for it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

When the weather is rubbish but I don't have to set a toe outside the door unless I choose to.

Busy lead up to Christmas and New Years, the usual gift procurement, miscellaneous shopping, social stuff… all went off without a hitch, without drama and now I’m looking forward to some more chilled out ‘normality’…. Or at least what passes for ‘normality’ these days….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

I didn't see one car with the reindeer antlers/nose this year,tf😁.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I must have spoiled by my Irish mammy but recently I had got stressed by a few situations

My TH is education by youtube

I got horrible black mould on the silicone in my shower in my flat. Yep I didn’t give a deep clean regularly but I never had mould before in a rental property. Stressing am I a dirty person? 😥 Do I need to rip up silicone and replace ? What if I flood the place downstairs. YouTube showed me soaking toilet paper in bleach and wait 24 hours and it worked!

How do I clean soap scum from my shower door glass. Tried a few sprays but nothing worked. YouTube told me to try 50%/50% water and vinegar and it worked!

Got a cleaning issue? YouTube has a solution 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Finally solved the 12 days of Christmas mystery.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

Fabulous birdsong here this evening, really cheerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,629 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Laughing at annoyances my auld fella has.

Auld Fella - Why is it called 'RTE plus one'?

Me: Extra channel Dad, it is an hour behind the normal channel allows you catch up

Auld Fella - Arrah sure you think 'plus one' would mean in the future, why isn't it an hour ahead?

Me:.....

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

BBC iPlayer. That thing is loaded with ad-free content that costs nothing (My landlord pays for the TV licence). Also, vintage British comedy. I'm watching Keeping Up Appearances and it hammers home the benefits of being single.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

🤣 it's deliberately hammed up for laughs, it's not a documentary!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Is your name Richard?

The first time I saw it I split my sides laughing - they were identical to my aunt and uncle. My aunt's favourite word for anything she liked was that it was "romantic" (I don't think she actually knew the meaning of the word, she applied it to anything between hanging plates and those wind-up mechanical dogs that yap and do somersaults).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Going skiing on Sunday. Didn't think we'd get away this winter so it feels like a big, huge Brucie Bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

When you like a couple of songs on an album, then slowly a few more, then slowly the entire album, you know you are going to love the album for the rest of your life.

Found a hole in my favourite pair of gym trainers… big enough unfortunately not to just be able to put up with in this weather. ….they are not new but it’s big enough so I’m thinking “ ok that’s another 120 quid to my shopping bill tomorrow “… I got the inclination to check my wardrobe and I have a brand new pair that I bought about a year ago and stored away but completely forgot about…. So I can spend the cash on a pair of converse I’ve been eyeing up instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Goodigal

Got to hold a new baby for about an hour today. The cuddles 😍

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Baaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww........🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

My old man put away some gifts that my cousin sent, but he couldn’t recall where he put them. My cousin and family are visiting him tomorrow and he was up the wall searching as he can’t just say…” ohh thanks “. As he is worried he’ll be asked what he thought of it etc…. So been a stress fest. But he located the four gift bags tonight after tearing the place apart so all be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Getting my inter city coach to work and there is a guy on it wearing a hat

Not a John Wayne Stetson type

More a Humphrey Bogart type of hat except it’s not dark, more straw/tan coloured. Classic 1950’s

I do not believe I ever saw this before apart from movies or Mad Men, the TV show. Looks cool as hell 😎

Big clean up in the house and then pizza feast 😊

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Just before Christmas OH and I were in a shopping centre we hadn't been to before. It had an underground car park with paid parking. When we came out we went to the machine to pay and were faffing around looking for €2 in coins when an older couple came to the machine next to us. They told us to scan our Dunnes Stores receipt for free parking, I said we weren't in Dunnes! And then the lady leaned over and scanned her own Dunnes receipt for us while the man pointed out a pile of receipts left on top of the machines for people to scan to get free parking. It saved us a small amount of money but gave us the warm & fuzzies that this couple were so helpful AND that so many other people were exactly the same leaving their receipts behind for anyone to use 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Archeron

TH is boards.ie and the good little things it plants in your brain.

Was reading the amazon prime cancellation thread, and it reminded me to cancel mine, as i only had it because they wouldnt finish a purchase without signing up before Christmas and i totally forgot id signed up. Woo, a few quid saved there.

Was also reading the Whats the point of CEX thread, not a shop id really know but saw one today, popped in for a nosey because the thread made me wonder and found a second hand i5 laptop thats perfect for what i need for 200 euro. Wouldnt have even went in if not for that thread. Their prices are a bit mental on some stuff but this was a healthy bargain.

Thanks fellow boardsies for planting positive outcome thread seeds in my head. Saved a good few bob today thanks to you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

This tickled me.

Advertisement