Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

mikemac2 wrote: »
    I called a company and was on hold for about 4 minutes

The song they played for hold music was rocking!! I called someone over to listen too.

I gave up and tried later and they had another great tune. Then when that finished it went back to the 1st song

When I got to speak to a human I wasn’t upset about my time on hold at all, not a negative thought

Too many companies out there with dreary slit yer wrists violin and cello slow pieces

I actually started crying after maybe 20 minutes on hold listening to the dreary cellos. It was a bloody awful day last February and the music was the last straw lol! I think it's like Vietnamese torture methods, it's to wear you down so you feel like you've had a lobotomy by the time someone answers the phone and you'll agree to anything because all the fight has gone out of you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Being in Galway for a few hours today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thank you, will have a look into the world of blogging.��

In fact i’ve been researching that for a while anyway. Still wanting to have a last bit of anonymity is the biggest problem. Then there are costs as well. Or the software needs registration from the readers or/and do offer only a simple timeline without structure. In another function i am working with word press and like it a lot. Decisions....decisions...��

A fast and simple solution could be discord. I am playing already with two servers but could need a little help with inventing a working admin structure. Disadvantage here is the (free) registration of a potential reader/user. ��

But right now i am TH that the hazelnut bread from yesterday turned out pretty good. Yummy...��

If you ever need a taster for that bread BF I'd be more than happy to help ya out :pac:.......

TH for a real productive morning. :D

Sun is shining, the frost whitened everything and the air is absolutely clean and fresh. Perfect to air my whole flat.

The first round of mails was finished before the sun came up. Time to crack quite a few of hazelnuts, grind them to flour and put them into the dough in the breadmaker. The inherited printer from my former neighbour is installed and the scanner part is already working. The paper transport still needs a bit of maintenance.

And i already had a nice visitor. Saw him or her a few times already on my porch as it’s part of the local cat motorway. Obviously today was the day to check out my flat. After a few minutes of talking to each other i was even allowed to stroke her or him. Wonderful soft fur, definitely no stray cat.

Hhmmm, probably i have to invest into a few nice cat treats. ����

So lucky! I want that cat!

My ex husband was mistaken for my father. Not th but t amusing. Anti aging tip: Dont be grumpy and sour. He's only 5 years older than me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

This may seem very trivial but I changed my bedsheets on my own today. Before starting the new drugs I could only manage the pillow cases on my own. I may be flopping around like a fish afterwards but it's so satisfying knowing I changed them myself :)

• Advertisement

Fiancee downloaded two films to watch later. I use a phone only, no laptop. They seem to be old Irish sort of quirky films. "Run of the country" and "War of the buttons". I'll make cheese on toast with cherry tomatoes and black pepper and we'll be lazy for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Fiancee downloaded two films to watch later. I use a phone only, no laptop. They seem to be old Irish sort of quirky films. "Run of the country" and "War of the buttons". I'll make cheese on toast with cherry tomatoes and black pepper and we'll be lazy for the night.

War of the buttons?
    Class!!

The fella in the ad that says "who's taking the horse to France" plays the main character in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Theatre plays. I love em

Saw Sweeney Todd, the demon barber of Fleet Street and it was amazing! They have many more songs that the film left out. I never knew.

Emmm, not for everyone. Those in the front rows get capes/ponchos to cover your clothes as the blood goes flying :eek:

Anyway, going to the theatre is my TH

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

mikemac2 wrote:
    Anyway, going to the theatre is my TH

Love Sweeney Todd. I performed in it in our musical about 3 years ago. Great show to be part of. Actually currently wearing my Sweeney hoody!! Your TH is my TH too :D

Wrong thread :o

• Advertisement

Christmas RTE Guide on sale tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

branie2 wrote: »
    Christmas RTE Guide on sale tomorrow.

Excellent - I always buy the Christmas edition.

My happiest moments happened at home with people I love, or in simple places with nothing big or fancy going on. I don't need to go anywhere exotic to have a nice time, so I'm TH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭4Ad

Anne Marie Walsh on 8 radio playing my request right now on the radio..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

"War of the buttons". I'll make cheese on toast with cherry tomatoes and black pepper and we'll be lazy for the night.

That was made in the rebel county :cool: good choice of snack as well :cool:

Th is watching laurel and hardy utopia and the two bai's inherit a boat and they enter the cabin and Laurel sits on the bed and starts tapping the side of the bed and a load small kittens coming running out from under the bed 😸 and then a big cat is at the door way giving out to them and Laurel says to Hardy

"What did he say?"

and Hardy says

"I wouldn't care to repeat it!" as if he could understand what he said!

Cue me howling the place down with laughter! 😸🐱 laughter really is a great medicine.

8:50

Y2k popsongs haunting me now. Keri Hilson "sometimes love comes around, and it knocks you down". Timbaland "the way I are "now you're body ain't Pamela Anderson, it's a struggle just to get you in the car-a-van, but baby before I let you lose a pound, I'm a buy a bigger car" makes me smile.

blade1 wrote: »
    War of the buttons?
    Class!!

The fella in the ad that says "who's taking the horse to France" plays the main character in it.
    You were right about the film :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Laughing out loud at the grandkids elf on the shelf and his hilarious escapades

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

You were right about the film :)

Th that I was right!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

It's Complicated is on TV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

I got asked for ID buying wine in Tesco at the weekend. Handed over my licence, and the girl behind the till goes red as a tomato and apologies profusely, saying I look like I’m between 18 and 20.

I’m in my early thirties :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I got asked for ID buying wine in Tesco at the weekend. Handed over my licence, and the girl behind the till goes red as a tomato and apologies profusely, saying I look like I’m between 18 and 20.

I’m in my early thirties :pac:

My TH is actually NOT getting asked for ID when I was getting a bottle of wine for my mam today. I’m 22 but look about 12 :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Running yoga and pilates make me really happy. :)

The fog dome in Wales (in the news). Unusual natural phenomena like sun dogs, moonbows and fogbows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Proper butter ... during healthy November, I had cut it out. What was I thinking?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

My last day in this job!

The nice weather outside after yesterday's storm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

Finally coming back out of my hibernation and being productive :)

This gif

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭171170

Advertisement