Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Things that make me happy….

(1) Buying a gorgeous new snuggly blanket in Homesense.

(2) Bonus happy for pissing off the eye-rolling, cranky aul git in Homesense who was obviously annoyed in some way by our purchase.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

A perfect cup of tea and time to drink it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭sporina

we wer away on holiday - wonderful time had - but now back - and happy that we will be in our own bed tonight - is there anything better?! hmmmm = HAPPY

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Charlo30

A nice strong cup of coffee in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 25,278 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

haven’t given my games console a run in a while, an hour and a bit of FIFA this morning with no distractions and just Spotify in the background and already looking forward to the same again tonight…..😎

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

My pain meds just kicked in and both the painkilling element and the psychological effect happened simultaneously - so I'm feeling ok pain wise (more discomfort and stiffness than actual acute pain) and at the same time feeling lovely and floaty.

Happy times!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Seeing these two little guys when I get home

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Kingslayer

A shower and a drink after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,782 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Rita Ora's latest photoshoot. Thanks @Kingslayer

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

There is a certain satisfaction obtained from peeling the masking tape off something you've applied a fresh coat of paint to once it's dried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My much-dreaded blood results are back and much much better than I expected, just one thing to be tinkered with.

Ta for that and as a strange side effect to that I find my eyesight is much better than before after it suddenly declined (after the gel pack behind the eye burst)

I hated having to wear my glasses to read as it's such a bad combination with being forgetful and working with compulsively tidy and forgetful ppl.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Saturday morning and not having to go anywhere. Just relax. Bliss

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Another trip to TK Maxx, and splurged on more earrings….. but they make me so happy!

I did also buy a pair of sliders and some arts and crafts bits, plus a copy of the complete works of Jane Austen for my bookshelf, which I am very happy about too.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Goodigal

Had my first dip in the sea this year. Was absolutely freezing to start with, but sure you forget after a few mins! 🥶😍 felt alive!!

The ignore function has made me trivially happy. There are some total doses on this site and I am happier for not having to read their 🐮💩

Today is pay day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Seeing posts in sm about swopping books and school uniforms/equipment.

The normalisation of swopping or reusing makes me th.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Notified in store to expect my clothing delivery tomorrow or Monday but it arrived this morning before I had to go out… TH as not all of my interactions and experiences with businesses post pandemic restrictions have been positive. On this occasion my size was out of stock in store but the staff member…. “ if you order and pay now you can collect or get free delivery “… went for delivery and even have it early 😎. 10/10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Our new kitten. 8 weeks old. Only got her on Monday. Already using her tray, prancing around; mad for lap time, belly rubs, licking, playing with her toys. Completely and utterly smitten with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,901 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

This actually makes me very happy , but I always thought that Ireland having help for Chocktaw people to study in Ireland was pointless . I’m delighted to admit I am wrong after seeing 2 people graduate from UCC . Fcuking delighted with this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,425 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Was out with the dog for his walk last night in one of the recreational parks nearby and saw a guy struggling in a currach. There was no wind and the guy needed to keep stopping for breaks from pulling on the oars. Plus it was gone 9pm so daylight was starting to fade.

Along comes a yacht that alters its course to the currach and he offers the guy a line to tow him back into Cork City. As this yacht was not too far off the recreational park, I could see that he had already picked up another currach and was helping him in too.

My TH is that sailor on the yacht, it's great to see that there are still stand up people out there willing to help out those in need. I hope he gets loads of good karma his way!

The Only Fools episode with Tony Angelino - chuckling away here!!!

best nights sleep in weeks…..

Oddball neighbours were silent which is extremely bizarre for a Saturday night / Sunday morning…. Must have temporarily migrated elsewhere as there wasn’t so much as a door slamming.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,901 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Very trivial , but Lingo and The Chase are back after bloody ascot has finished . Life in the fast lane eh 😢

went to buy some shower gels and deodorants…. I bulk buy and they have really good bundle deals so saved a few quid plus I got the very last travel wash bag on the shelf by one of my favourite fashion labels… that was significantly discounted too… reckon I saved about 35 quid overall which isn’t to be sniffed at.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,893 ✭✭✭appledrop

The kids having a water fight in back garden at 8pm because it's one of those rare warm days in Ireland!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭sporina

new stockings which are reallllllllly comfy - hmmmmmmm

Advertisement