Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

TH the laundry basket is fully EMPTY. Probably not for long but it's rare to see the bottom of it 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Behind me in the queue at lunchtime was a mum and toddler, they were chatting about the pineapples they were buying. Mum asked him where the pineapples came from and he said a tree but I don't care as it's going into my belly for lunch.

Th the child sounded so sure and happy that he was having pineapple for lunch. Also, such a small child can say pineapple so well at his age.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Th, the last of the items I have to pay for this week as arrived and once I pick them up tom, I'll have a clearer pic of my pocket money situation then!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was waiting for an Amazon delivery and then saw that the van was outside my house. The driver was sitting in the van, and I was thinking that he looked familiar, even from that vantage point.

By the time I opened the door I realised who it was…Ringo Starr is now delivering for Amazon!!! 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭Archeron

When a really beautiful stranger walks past you and gives you a really beautiful genuine smile 😁

Its the little things, the TH things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,472 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

the gym was absolutely dead and just a real chilled vibe about the place… whoever was in charge even had the volume of the music at a level that wasn’t able to penetrate my noise cancelling headphones… which occasionally isn’t the case and the aircon was at an optimum temperature to keep us cool instead of the North Pole setting it’s been sometimes set at……⛄️⛄️⛄️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

My 86 year old Father went for a serious operation this morning, they wanted to amputate his leg…they gave him another option but it would take a 3-4 hour operation under a General Anasthesic, which they didn't advise…..

He is awake and coherent, looks like a success…I'm so happy after the depths of despair of lads night…Thank You Everyone in Limerick Hospital…

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Yesterday the car I was driving reached 58008 km. I even wanted to stop and take a picture but then I remembered I'm a grown-up.

Found myself in the strange position of having a handful of pairs of panties. Moving about so much, I acquired lots of pairs bc I couldn't find the older pairs.

Dashed into Dunnes on my lunch break and bought a pack at my usual size, they are a little loose, not falling off too loose but loose and that's a TH for me.

After putting it off for two weeks, yes I went to the chiropractor and my leg is so much less sore today, The pain has gone completely in one joint and much lessened in the other, the swelling has gone almost completely.

Happy happy.

• Advertisement

super deal in IKEA, picked up 6 pint glasses for 1 euro each…as well as some nice bed linen for not an extortionate price….

Slightly better than paying 13 euros now in that well known O’Irish gift shop place for two branded Guinness glasses.

Saw the Portal in Dublin for the first time today and it's a deadly yoke 😁 all good spirits and people waving and dancing and having fun, all in the good spirit of it.

It looks very cool too, love where theyve placed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Visiting the Galway Cathedral and St Nicholas Church in Galway today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I just woke up after having a dream that was a bit sinister but with comic elements. Even though I can't remember most of it, I still have the same satisfaction you would have after seeing an entertaining film. 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My bus driver this morning. He's the chattiest, most cheerful gent possible. Has put me in good humour for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

At the Galway v Donegal football match at the weekend.

Still laughing at the excitement of a young Galway lad in the row front of me, at the final whistle when Galway won. He must have been about 7/8. He was that excited he did not know what to do with himself. He was roaring along to N17 by the Saw Doctors one second, hitting his seat another minute.

But the bit that really amused me was he was that overcome with emotion, he spontaneously gave his older sister a big long hug.

It was great to see a young lad that happy, and that into the match. He seemed fairly quiet for most of it engrossed in it, and lost the run of himself at the end.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Having a bit of lunch in a local cafe. There was a couple at the next table with their grown up daughter and they were all so loud. I was about to post on the TA thread.

But now they are gone, noise levels have dropped considerably and I can relax with my cuppa. TH.

a totally successful day and so far week, plus I get to spend the majority of tomorrow chilling watching the cricket….

• Registered Users Posts: 14,152 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That rather than than responding to an inane new thread I look to see how many posts the OP has , under 100 I’m moving on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

We're not allowed use our laptops because of the Crowdstrike issue and I don't have a work phone yet as I've just started, so I'm currently in the park with my dogs 😃

• Advertisement

Happened to be in a tesco just as they were restocking the ebola fridge. Four katsu chicken curries and two 12 packs of mixed Indian starters, €5.20 for the lot.

Nice family dinner for less than the price of a some coffees :)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Goodigal

Listening to the rain drumming on the roof of the mobile! Wouldn't be holidays in Ireland without it 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 14,077 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just started a new job (that doesn't make me happy, all work makes me sad). It's alarm monitoring. One of the systems uses the same alarm sound as the Red Alert on the Starship Enterprise. Alarms may go on longer than expected... love that sound!

Just spent the am with a youngster who showed me some AI that takes a volume of txt.

If this prog is readily available it would be a game changer for learners like me who have bad memories and illegible handwriting, could open up education for those of us locked out of the listen, remember and write style of learning.

Possibly breaking the cycle of poverty/suicide in some cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭French Toast

Currently browsing Boards.ie on a desktop PC, the first time I've done so in a couple of years I reckon. Brings back good memories.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Finding Law and Order SVU is on Netflix. Nostalgia watch!

found my driving licence which I had mislaid and given up on finding. Putting stuff away for safekeeping was instead putting stuff away for not finding. 😸

• Registered Users Posts: 12,366 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Tesco self service couldn't scan a 4 pack of burger buns so the lady told me to take them for free.

They were coming up as unknown item.

Brennans brioche buns, incase anyone wants to try it.

Apparently I wasn't the first person.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,152 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I used to put a 4 pack of beer through and it came up as one at the self service . Then they caught up with me 😡

• Advertisement

Wikipedia’s new dark mode. Pretty good actually.

Advertisement