Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options
1234235236237238240»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I licked some off before I thought of taking a pic but I think the girl in the shop gave me an extra large 99 because I told her they did the best cones in the town.

Even as I walked back to my car with it two separate strangers commented " jesus Christ look at the size of that" 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Babyreignbow

I gave up coffee a few months ago to see if it would help me sleep better, it didn't but I discovered Barleycup last week and it's like heaven in a cup. It tastes like coffee in a weird way but it makes you sleepy and helps you poo. (not at the same time) Anyway, I've become addicted.

If a thousand suns were to rise
    and stand in the noon sky, blazing,
    such brilliance would be like the fierce
    brilliance of that mighty Self.”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

makes you sleepy and helps you poo. (not at the same time)

😁😆😂🤣 that just brightened up my day...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Have had covid for a week now and lost my sense of taste and smell about 2 days into it. TH that I opened the press where the tea bags are this morning and got a big whiff of peppermint.

Thankfully smell is on the way back so taste shouldn't be too far behind 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I put through my shopping at the supermarket till and then found my searching every pocket and all of my rucksack frantically. Where was my wallet?? I had to ask the very kind girl at the till to set aside my stuff.

Then the customer service staff member across the way saw what was happening and reached into a drawer and handed my wallet to me. I profusely thanked both the staff! Got my shopping and on my way

Sound staff and a saint of a person who found my wallet in the store and handed in straight away. I've no idea how I dropped it 🤔, gotta be more careful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

The Google Doodle of the bird doing the Olympic gymnastics and being given a 10 by the cat watching gave me a great giggle and cheered me up.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C9-YC0BR1BH/?igsh=MXh2am9ucnV4dWo3bg==

• Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

bumping into an acquaintance I haven’t seen in 18 or so months. We didn’t have the most pleasant parting of ways, we can be both a little strong willed shall we say and as we approached on the path im just thinking about how to handle it but it didn’t need handling… it was fine and genuinely friendly and cordial..

Post edited by Strumms on

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭French Toast

Watching Keeping Up Appearances, seemed to always be on the telly in the late 90’s. Still a great watch today, imo.

Learned that Patricia Routledge who played Hyacinth Bucket is still alive at 95 years young.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭blade1

After not touching a sup of alcohol for over 6 months,I ended up on a 12 hour session yesterday.

Was expecting to wake up and be in a critical condition but I'm actually grand. So TH with that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement