Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I never watch The Late Late show but couldn't resist tonight cos of Brendan Grace.
    What a smashing man and so many laughs and happiness given to so many over the years.

Sad knowing he's gone but happy to remember him and have a good laugh.

I am laughing out loud at his pisstake on
    “ Lady in Red

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I had 3 Christmas cards in today's post.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Don't know whether it's annoying or funny but the yoke (dog) has discovered the chocolate baubles hanging from the tree and has been helping herself when no one around.......came in quietly this morning and caught her with her head stuck into the tree grabbing one....had a closer look and a good few missing, bits of coloured string holding nothing....she eats the wrapping as well ...lol lol

gifted wrote: »
    Don't know whether it's annoying or funny but the yoke (dog) has discovered the chocolate baubles hanging from the tree and has been helping herself when no one around.......came in quietly this morning and caught her with her head stuck into the tree grabbing one....had a closer look and a good few missing, bits of coloured string holding nothing....she eats the wrapping as well ...lol lol

Hope she doesn't get sick. :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Exactly! Chocolate is poisonous to dogs! Do ring the vet.

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    Exactly! Chocolate is poisonous to dogs! Do ring the vet.
    Hope she doesn't get sick. :(

Thanks for the concern folks, much appreciated. First dog was 18 years old when we had to send her to doggie heaven, second dog was 14 years and we have this yoke nearly 5 years so I'm fairly confident of looking after my oul dogs, always gave my dogs a bit chocolate every now and again, she's looking up at me here full of divilment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I think its a cumulative toxin but Im not that experienced with dogs. Im just assuming theyd have to be eating it over some period of time (perhaps only a short time). Mine has stolen it twice by hopping onto the table (i put it away higher up now) fortunately she is fine.

Th for a chance to know good people. Thats all I can manage at the moment haha.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ask your vet, if you want to be sure. I think it may depend on the amount of theobromine present. All the same, I wouldn't like to play Russian roulette with my dog.

New Home wrote: »
    Ask your vet, if you want to be sure. I think it may depend on the amount of theobromine present. All the same, I wouldn't like to play Russian roulette with my dog.

Thanks again but I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Liverpool World Champions :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

blade1 wrote:
    Liverpool World Champions

It's a bit more than Trivial.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    It's a bit more than Trivial.

Not to others :pac:

The sound of heating systems/boilers kicking in, and the ticking of warm radiators. Hot tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

blade1 wrote: »
    Not to others :pac:

Trivially is at the bottom end of the Happiness scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I have the beginnings of a head cold and I am TH that I managed to contain my tickly cough at a concert this evening ... twas tough going at times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

getting food at a low price, I've been shopping in Dunnes for years but I think I'll shop in ALDI from now on :D

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Trivially is at the bottom end of the Happiness scale.

Yep, and winning the league would be top! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

The crew on the Ryanair Amsterdam -Dublin flight last night.
    Inbound flight had been delayed so all together we were an hour late. The cheeky chappie Mancunian accented pilot was great fun and informative as were the all male cabin crew, as we landed in Dublin the chief steward came on over the PA saying apologies again for the.delay, if you really want to give us another go visit ryanair.com.
    Flying can be so po-faced so it's nice to have a little humour. (The delay didn't adversely affect me)

Happy were past the solstice now and I'm thinking about hot summer skies, leafy woods and sparkling water and road trips and spending time outdoors with my favourite people. I can almost feel the warm summer air wrapped around me.

Dropped in my Church Christmas dues, left church and the Go Ahead bus arrived right on cue as if by clockwork, for me to get home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Spent €100 in Victoria’s Secret yesterday :o

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Spent €100 in Victoria’s Secret yesterday :o

Don't believe you.....need proof.....lol lol.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

gifted wrote: »
    Don't believe you.....need proof.....lol lol.....

Photo of my receipt do? :D:p

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Photo of my receipt do? :D:p

Anything at this stage lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

TH that my plans yesterday worked out.😃

Got fed ”Badisches Schäufele” with baked potatoes.✅
    Got two Rum & Coke.✅
    Got my usual 12mm haircut.✅
    Got the cover of my beanbag washed.✅
    Bought the food for the next fortnight.✅
    Got easily 2kg of tit dumplings for the granny next door and got rid of her waste glass. ✅

...and returned home without getting drenched.😁

My mother and her partner are spending Christmas up in the mountains so i will have a few very peaceful days down here just for myself. Additionally the lovely granny from next door surprised me with a bucket full of chocolate, canned sausages, a self backed fruit cake, a small bottle of red wine and a big one of Freixenet sparkling wine. 🍾

So i am prepared should there be a surprise snow storm. Oops, just opened the red wine by accident. 😊😄

• Registered Users Posts: 14,010 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I had a read through the man utd thread , I don't know if it's a TH or a genuine happiness but I quite like the torment manu fans are going through :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Watched both Santa Claus movies tonight. They're so magical, I'm so excited for Christmas. I was eating pringles and just as I went to eat the last one, my cat licked it and claimed it as his own. The little divil! Made me laugh so much!

A nice voice I could listen to all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

The feeling of a mans hair between my fingers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Went to a charity fundraiser yesterday. Local lad was singing Christmas songs. Was chatting to a couple who had travelled from a neighbouring parish. They had never heard this guy singing before (he’s very good). They asked me had I gone to school with him. I replied that I had been in school with his MOTHER! I’m focusing on the positive here!

Advertisement