Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭gifted

Everytime I have my breakfast a nose appears....lol lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

KatW4 wrote: »
    Watched both Santa Claus movies tonight. They're so magical, I'm so excited for Christmas. I was eating pringles and just as I went to eat the last one, my cat licked it and claimed it as his own. The little divil! Made me laugh so much!

The rascal 😸!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My male colleague(who's pet name is, dontno and forget) giving out to me because I had forgotten something he said to me twice in about an hour, last month. I pointed out to him that giving out to someone who has forgotten something said a month ago is a bit pointless.

He rolled his eyes as he walked away, I could see his reflection on the way out, thunder on that face. Seems his own medicine is bitter.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Rhubarb and stem ginger not-mince pies and hot tay. Also, unexpectedly enjoyable instant coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,421 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

How to Train Your Dragon: Homecoming was a 30 minute once off special on Sky and it was amazing. I love Toothless:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,162 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I was out shopping earlier with my 12yo son. I saw a chain I liked and it was on sale so I said I'd buy it for myself for Christmas.
    At home, he pulled out his money and insisted on giving me most of the cost of it and went off and wrapped it up and put it under our Christmas tree for me.
    Such a sweetie.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

New favourite entertainment - watching the reunions in Dublin Airport Arrivals! So emotional, me and my mam sat drinking coffee watching them all, crying!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭4Ad

I was out shopping earlier with my 12yo son. I saw a chain I liked and it was on sale so I said I'd buy it for myself for Christmas.
    At home, he pulled out his money and insisted on giving me most of the cost of it and went off and wrapped it up and put it under our Christmas tree for me.
    Such a sweetie.

Thats lovely..Obviously well reared !

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Such a sweetie.

What a lovely child. That has genuinely brought tears to my eyes. You must be very proud of him.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

We were on the town a few weeks after burying my wife's mum. My 2yo was in the back and said "look, a heaven van"

It was a passing funeral led of course by a hearse. We've called them heaven vans ever since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Got my nails done yesterday and I looooove them. My nail tech is an absolute genius.

Also TH that I can give my mam money to help out over Christmas. It’s an expensive time all things considered and I’m happy that I’m in a position to be able to give her money towards it.

What a lovely child. That has genuinely brought tears to my eyes. You must be very proud of him.

Thank you xx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

All the shopping is done and the house is ready for the guests. Time now to have a cuppa and watch Paddington.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Wrapping paper with lines to guide present wrapping

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

When my curls dont frizz or go flat and dont need to be straightened and re-curled.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My favourite biyeen coming for a visit 😃 and the two us were running up and down the hall going mental 😃 and then I gave him the remote control Thomas the tank engine ingot him Christmas and I was controlling and he was going mental trying to catch it 😃 then he lost interest in and I was controlling it and I think I had more fun with it than he did :o 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Looking forward to opening my Christmas presents after mass tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm sick for Christmas :( but my cat knows and he hasn't left my side. He has been sleeping on me for hours now. He's adorable.

My best friend is home for Christmas too so it was nice to see her for a few hours! Hopefully will get to see her two little boys before they go back!

Secret santa present !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,880 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

TH is logging in here and seeing what random strangers are doing. I know we are all anonymous here but I like to think I know something about your character from various posts. So you are friends in my book, happy Christmas all

• Advertisement

Secret santa present !

A kitten? :)

I wish ! :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I opened my Christmas presents earlier, which were:

Avengers Endgame on Blu-ray
    Blue Moon, the latest Jack Reacher thriller
    The Guardians, a novel by John Grisham
    A biography of Sir Ian McKellan
    Galway Girl, by Ken Bruen
    Book vouchers from family and friends

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Definiteley a touch of the pioneer spirit there!

I cleared out my cupboards this week and can last at least a month! Maybe three... Just the Christmas food that is.;)

No idea what this is! ( bolded) lol

TH that my plans yesterday worked out.😃

Got fed ”Badisches Schäufele” with baked potatoes.✅
    Got two Rum & Coke.✅
    Got my usual 12mm haircut.✅
    Got the cover of my beanbag washed.✅
    Bought the food for the next fortnight.✅
    Got easily 2kg of tit dumplings for the granny next door and got rid of her waste glass. ✅

...and returned home without getting drenched.😁

My mother and her partner are spending Christmas up in the mountains so i will have a few very peaceful days down here just for myself. Additionally the lovely granny from next door surprised me with a bucket full of chocolate, canned sausages, a self backed fruit cake, a small bottle of red wine and a big one of Freixenet sparkling wine. 🍾

So i am prepared should there be a surprise snow storm. Oops, just opened the red wine by accident. 😊😄

Santa came over here y;day! And he is a mind reader!

I had just finished filling an old Cadbury Roses tub with mince pies, lamenting that they missed a tub of Roses off the list when they sent my Christmas groceries. Been having Roses at Christmas since chocolate came off rationing after the war...sniff.... sniff...

Wandered outside, shivering, and did a double take. The small chair that lives on my long drive for parcels had been lifted over the big gate and sitting thereon A TUB OF CADBURY'S ROSES!I was actually back inside before it registered! My old one was still on the counter.. Raced back out before the apparition vanished.. grabbed it and even checked it ...YAY!
    We have ROSES!

He is a mindreader!

Crept in and left it where I would see it!

Made my day it really did! :D:D:D:D:D

Happy that we are safe and at peace.... thinking of Australia and other places where they are not safe or at peace. We are so blessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

i wrote to santa bout this better happen!

For Seph… This is Tonto, the very neglected cat who arrived here when the cold weather came. Totally feral; always hungry and always talking! He walks as if his legs do not work well as he is trying to stay close to the ground and not be seen... Lovely boy and he is happier now...trusts a little more each day.. Happy Christmas Tonto!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,129 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Granddaughter has been sick with a horrible flu . She feels better this morning and that is all that matters . I have it now but I gladly swapped it so she could feel better .
    Happy Christmas to all the lovely people on this thread , you are a great bunch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Graces7 wrote: »
    Definiteley a touch of the pioneer spirit there!

I cleared out my cupboards this week and can last at least a month! Maybe three... Just the Christmas food that is.;)

No idea what this is! ( bolded) lol

Ooops, you caught me. Directly translated from german to english as in german fat balls for wild birds are called “Meissenknödel” and the online translation made “tit dumplings” out of it.

https://www.amazon.de/Futterhof-Meisenknödel-ohne-Stück-Karton/dp/B07XLM5KYP/ref=asc_df_B07XLM5KYP/?tag=googshopde-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=380243748236&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5382666579301413976&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9041721&hvtargid=pla-821710263240&psc=1&th=1&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=76466512486&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=380243748236&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5382666579301413976&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9041721&hvtargid=pla-821710263240

Word for word it would be correct.:p

But so it’s good enough for a hearty laugh.😁😂😂

Advertisement