Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Ooops, you caught me. Directly translated from german to english as in german fat balls for wild birds are called “Meissenknödel” and the online translation made “tit dumplings” out of it.

lol! This being After Hours! Relief! The online translations are crazy!

You are in the Black Forest? I have folk there...

Happy that a traditional Christmas dinner is all ready to go in the oven a little later. Correct in every last detail

I could easily have heated a ready meal BUT it is important to me to keep some life skills honed; lighting real fires, some gardening, and cooking a good meal .. I earned a living often cooking .

Turkey breasts sandwiched with stuffing and cranberry; foiled and oven ready. Potatoes and parsnips and carrots; parboiled and ready to roast.. etc etc Enough fro two meals and will plate more for freezing...

HAPPY! Oh and trifle for later; orange ginger trifle..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

"The wind breathes lonely, longing to be seen.
    Sometimes, the soul has days like these"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,906 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

"The wind breathes lonely, longing to be seen.
    Sometimes, the soul has days like these"

Beautiful saying Widdershins .

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Graces7 wrote: »
    Ooops, you caught me. Directly translated from german to english as in german fat balls for wild birds are called “Meissenknödel” and the online translation made “tit dumplings” out of it.

lol! This being After Hours! Relief! The online translations are crazy!

You are in the Black Forest? I have folk there...

Yes i am. Actually in the Rhine river valley next to it in the lovely city of Breisach. It’s really regrettable that the “About me” section in the profiles is still not up again. There i could tell the boardsies more about the beautiful Black Forest area.

Your folks have chosen wisely.😁

Just back from a little bicycle ride between two rain showers. Time to get another tea, putting the feet up and enjoy a few christmassy films. 🎄😁

• Advertisement

TH wearing rose otto oil to remember my grandmother. TH
    Deciding to volunteer in the new year. Ive felt I should do something usefultoday, but the new year is probably when they have a drop off in volunteers, anyway
    And finding contact details for a group I'm very excited to join (a renaissance fencing club)

Very happy that foil makes a noise when a cat is attacking it! Caught Boycat at the wrapped and ready turkey roast and he had extracted a slice of ham! :eek: Safe now and no harm done and cat has a tray of CAT FOOD!

Could have ended differently!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TH that a neighbour got engaged - that'll be another day out in the future...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,876 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Michael McIntyres big show. The usual bring relatives home for xmas gig but he did it really well. Brought a tear in my eye

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Santa brought my little nieces walkie barkie toy dogs that are the image of my pet pooch ... now we can all go walkies together!

• Advertisement

TH I just have that feeling. Things are about to get interesting again.

Happy to catch up with loved ones overseas after their Christmas events. Sheer miracle of the phone! Happy to be feasting on delicious cold turkey and stuffing in the wee small hours, keeping warm with a hwb.. At peace with the world at Christmas..... Prefer Boxing Day to St Stephen;s day as the poor man got stoned to death ….

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

KatW4 wrote: »
    New favourite entertainment - watching the reunions in Dublin Airport Arrivals! So emotional, me and my mam sat drinking coffee watching them all, crying!

The effort some families put into making welcome home signs ..some with lights and tinsel made me smile a few days ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭MMyers

Sleeping, best thing ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

So many happy things this time of year, and I suppose none really trivial, but having family around the table eating, laughing, deeply discussing, and reminiscing for hours on end has to top the list.

Today's annual St Stephen's Day family hill trek is deferred due to the weather but you can't beat a roaring fire , mince pies, pudding and coffee as a substitute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

MMyers wrote:
    Sleeping, best thing ever

What's that? Some ancient pastime?... :pac:

Delight at seeing the wee feral cat I have been caring for for weeks actually running and playing with one of the other cats. rather than skulking fearfully. Breathtaking sight... Happy cat; happy me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

I'm totally addicted to the game that my boyfriend got me for Christmas. It's nice to get lost in something again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭thomil

Alecto wrote: »
    I'm totally addicted to the game that my boyfriend got me for Christmas. It's nice to get lost in something again.

What game is that if I may ask?

Just had a coffee, a piece of Stollen (or more :P ) and am now writing up the ideas for my next blog post. TH that the creative juices are flowing again :cool:

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

thomil wrote: »
    What game is that if I may ask?

Just had a coffee, a piece of Stollen (or more :P ) and am now writing up the ideas for my next blog post. TH that the creative juices are flowing again :cool:

Well don't judge me :p It's the Harry Potter Lego games 1-7 for the switch :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭thomil

Alecto wrote: »
    Well don't judge me :p It's the Harry Potter Lego games 1-7 for the switch :D

No reason to judge anything there. The Lego games are actually quite good.

Besides, who am I to judge, if anyone saw how I'm playing Elite Dangerous, they'd think I'm mad :D

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Liverpool giving Leicester an absolute spanking 😏😏

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭afterglow

in no particular order,
    Insomnia coffee, coca cola, ( preferably cold ) eating things I wouldn't normally for breakfast, lying on the sofa yesterday with the smell of christmas food everywhere, how well everyone actually got along, being surrounded by people, after having pretty much being on my own for 4 years, feeling like I ' belong ' with my family, which is something I never, ever, thought I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Going to see Little Women at the cinema tomorrow

branie2 wrote: »
    Going to see Little Women at the cinema tomorrow

Me2

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Going to have a “cowboy” dinner today of beans chips and sausage really looking forward to it I’m over all the roast dinners :)

Alexander Arnold is in my Fantasy Football Team!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭MMyers

honeybear wrote: »

He tore LCFC up last night. Made me happy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

honeybear wrote: »

Jammy! I think I'll have to swap him for robertson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭gifted

Went for a walk with the 3 chicks....so now I can open a new tin of mikado elite biscuits and stuff myself ........don't judge me lol lol

Advertisement