Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Presents for your favourite boardies is it poochie 🐱?

Some Danish butter cookies do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

TH today is my home library. Took a rummage through the 'to read' section and surprised myself at the variety I've lined up for the late winter days.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

TH today is my home library. Took a rummage through the 'to read' section and surprised myself at the variety I've lined up for the late winter days.

251c402021489d6c9aa4c9a015ef6e46.jpg

D6dY8eCXoAcOjNR.jpg:large

(Link)

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Two things:

Someone I respect very much told me they were proud of me.

I booked a trip to see a friend of mine. It's been a trip I've been threatening to take for about 18 months,but now everything is sorted and I'll be heading to south-west Germany in two weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    I booked a trip to see a friend of mine. It's been a trip I've been threatening to take for about 18 months,but now everything is sorted and I'll be heading to south-west Germany in two weeks!

If the SW of Germany means somewhere around Freiburg im Breisgau give me a call.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

I went to meet a friend for lunch/dinner today and the food was lovely, the company even better. I've been struggling to go out so it was a nice change of scene and it's put me in a good mood :)

Just finished a book and TH with how much I enjoyed it.

Also TH that we still haven't run out of chocolate.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Some Danish butter cookies do you?

Too kind poochie 😸!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,892 ✭✭✭gifted

Kitchen....my happy place.....making a raspberry and almond frangipane tart.....Editors new cd playing in the background.....happy out...

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

gifted wrote: »
    Kitchen....my happy place.....making a raspberry and almond frangipane tart.....Editors new cd playing in the background.....happy out...

Hand it over and no-one gets hurt.

Fireside, settling in to watch the darts.

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Hand it over and no-one gets hurt.

Fireside, settling in to watch the darts.

Back off Tedo..my name is all over it.😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Alecto wrote: »
    I went to meet a friend for lunch/dinner today and the food was lovely, the company even better. I've been struggling to go out so it was a nice change of scene and it's put me in a good mood :)

Good for you Alecto!

Back off Tedo..my name is all over it.😂

Heading down to Cork tomorrow....I'll drop you off a hand, sorry ..a slice lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

If the SW of Germany means somewhere around Freiburg im Breisgau give me a call.:D

Other side of the (geographical) Black Forest, I'm afraid! But another TH is all the pictures of mountains and castles my friend has been sending me since I booked - this is already shaping up to be an excellent trip.

gifted wrote: »
    Heading down to Cork tomorrow....I'll drop you off a hand, sorry ..a slice lol lol

Can't wait to try your tart lol.

Went out to buy my dads christmas present today, with my wallet, phone etc, but no earphones - forgotten.

Never mind, went into Penny's and bought a pair of earphones for € 1.50. the non - pink variety. worked fine on the dublin bus journey into town shielding me from other people's wonderful stories!

Can't wait to try your tart lol.

I opened my friend's Christmas present to me today. It's an American brand of make up called tarte, what is she trying to tell me? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭PoisonIvyBelle

A homemade smoothie with banana, dates, almond milk, and nut butter.... YUM. :)

Amazing how the two eldest chicks were arguing over cracking eggs and measuring ingredients and who was going to turn on the mixer.....but yet when it came to the cleaning up they both legged it and left me here on me todd.....lol lol

Looks OK.......only discovered 5 minutes ago the ground almonds were out of date by two months ago lol lol.......it's for the in laws so I'm not bothered lol lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Went back to my rented accommodation this morning after work after nearly 2 weeks of staying in the home house. Was so looking forward to starfishing in my big bed after not sleeping properly in my crappy single bed at home.
    I haven’t slept that good in weeks, it was class :D

I may not live in Cork anymore but I'll always be a Cork boy.....

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    Other side of the (geographical) Black Forest, I'm afraid! But another TH is all the pictures of mountains and castles my friend has been sending me since I booked - this is already shaping up to be an excellent trip.

Next time you’ll have to visit Freiburg. ;)

Your friend will show you around and don’t forget the food. There are places nobody would find except the aboriginals.:pac:

Castles can you get in the dozens. Who wants to have these heating bills anyway. Don’t forget a chinese made cuckoo clock as a present for the neighbour you like the least.:D

Be careful...you might fall in love with the area.😍

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

2018 was a right pain in the hoop. 2019 was not a stand out year but I am happy that it was better.
    The optimist in me is looking forward to 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Went on a really good date today. Actually ended up spending all day with the guy! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Enjoyed talking to someone I missed. And to my friend who said he is my musketeer. As I said, finding a friend like him is like realising there's someone else on the rollercoaster with you after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Going for a meal with my parents this evening, and ringing in the new year at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

The optimist in me is looking forward to 2020.
    Samesies. 2019 can fook off and do one. 2020 will be my year.

TH that I got a very unexpected bottle of wine off a neighbour this morning for helping her assemble a playhouse for her kids on Christmas Eve. I don't drink wine and now have two bottles here so if anyone wants them they are up for grabs but still there was no need for her to even consider that. The words she used would have been plenty, I was red with embarrassment but very moved by them.

I ordered a McDonald's and I was given an extra large chips by mistake, wooooo! Free chips, I'm taking it as a good sign :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Alecto wrote: »
    I ordered a McDonald's and I was given an extra large chips by mistake, wooooo! Free chips, I'm taking it as a good sign :D
    Maybe it wasn't a mistake.
    Maybe someone was giving you a New Year's present.

Advertisement