Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Kivaro wrote: »
    Maybe it wasn't a mistake.
    Maybe someone was giving you a New Year's present.

May the chips fall where they may. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

blade1 wrote: »
    May the chips fall where they may. :)

That would be into my mouth :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Coming out of the tunnel of the flu and thinking I might just get better in time
    Once again I know our health is our wealth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

getting an unexpected PM on boards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Planning to do some nice things in 2020.
    So far I’ve planned some simple things, like a meet up with friends in Feb, and some more elaborate like a craft workshop in April and trip to Italy in June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Working from home this afternoon I heard the peal of wedding bells go on for what seemed like ages, far longer than is normal for that church.
    Just as I was thinking that, 'more than a feeling' starting playing on the radio.

Daft I know, but I hope its a good omen for them.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

I just watched a video on YouTube of people dancing and it made me TH. Some of them were really good which is nice but most of them were just having fun and they really made me laugh. :D

Think it was called 100 strangers show us their best dance move or something similar to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Planning to do some nice things in 2020.
    So far I’ve planned some simple things, like a meet up with friends in Feb, and some more elaborate like a craft workshop in April and trip to Italy in June.
    Isn't the planning stage great though? Almost as good as doing the stuff you have planned, getting all giddy with excitement like a child does. :D
    I may on occasion, if you don't mind that is, refer to you as Poochie The Positive or Positive Poochie. From seeing your posts around Boards you have a very positive attitude I must say.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This video

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Guy Person wrote: »
    Isn't the planning stage great though? Almost as good as doing the stuff you have planned, getting all giddy with excitement like a child does. :D
    I may on occasion, if you don't mind that is, refer to you as Poochie The Positive or Positive Poochie. From seeing your posts around Boards you have a very positive attitude I must say.

Thanks Guy, can’t think of a better way to be described!
    And if you don’t mind me saying, I hope 2020 is positive for you, from reading your posts here it sounds as if you are well on that road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The New Year's Eve meal was delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Enthused

Getting to see my girlfriend in February. Definitely looking forward to getting laid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Spending tonight at home with himself and our 8 year old puppy, and chatting to friends on Skype. And no, we're not letting technology take over our lives, we're spending cyber time with our wonderful friends from around the world who will also share ringing in the Irish new year with us. Oceans separate us, but we're still together tonight.

Oh Lordy, that sounds so twee and lame, but I don't care. :D
    Happy New Year fellow boards chaps and chapettes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

It's now 2020!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I'm happy just because.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

My favourite man makes me happy :)

Autosport wrote: »
    My favourite man makes me happy :)

Should Mam and myself go shopping for hats?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Should Mam and myself go shopping for hats?

That's a good idea ;) better to be prepared :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Listening to Mrs S singing as she sets the table for the gang arriving for New Year's Day dinner.

I realise the arrival of a New Year has no real meaning, yesterday was Tuesday and today is Wednesday but still looking around Boards today and seeing lots of angry people is very odd to me. Don't they want to have a good year instead of starting it off bitter and angry? I'm just back from a walk and it's a lovely morning outside and while there weren't many people out those that were had smiles on their faces. Popped into Supervalu and even the staff there were chatting away to themselves and laughing, you think they'd be annoyed having to work today but they were all smiles.

Bad things happen to everybody and it's very easy to blame the world for everything. In my opinion it takes a bit more effort to accept what has happened and try to improve your lot yourself and it's something worth doing. We don't have to be sunshine lollipops and rainbows 24/7 but life is just better if you actively try to have a better outlook on things and try to move on positively from the bad things instead of taking the easier option of internalising them.

TH that I have never allowed myself to become an angry person in life.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TH is seeing Tuxedo cat :3

uCAikoN.jpg

Also TH meeting lucky the tabby cat on the way down to the park :3

[IMG][/img]dQwyUll.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

TH at how happy my pet pooch is with her “play date”! They are adorable!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Life polishes you up. I chose to be polished too. Those angry people are letting themselves be worn down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Booked flights to Glasgow in May for my little cousin’s communion!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Myself and the wife brought our daughter to the local playground yesterday morning. There's a sheltered area in the playground that teenagers tend to hang around at night. I've no problem with that as long as they clean up after themselves (there are three bins in the playground).
    They did not do this the previous night and when we got there, this area was covered with litter.
    There's little I hate more than litter and the people who do it. I also am conscious that I want to set a good example for my daughter so I decided that I'd clear up the litter. It took 5 or 6 trips to the bin before I got most of it.

If that was the end of it, this would be in the TA thread. But it's not. On my last clean up, I found a gift card next to another pile of rubbish. I picked it up and threw it in my pocket on the off chance there was something on it. Got home and checked the balance online. €70 :pac:
    Now if I had found it anywhere else, I'd have handed it in to a Garda station (I've done this many times with money I've found). But because I cleaned up after the original owner, I took it as my cleaning fee :D Maybe next time they'll throw their rubbish in the bin.

Thanks for paying for my new year's drinks, you disgusting scumbag.

TH at visiting my sister today and as soon as I walked in the house my four year old niece arrested me and put me in jail! I kept escaping and she kept putting me back in with increasing amounts of cuffs, handcuffs, legcuffs, feetcuffs, etc... When I asked why she was arresting me I was told "Your being too bold"

I then went to visit my other sister and my seven year old niece told me the following joke

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    I was born pretty
    So what happened to you?

These girls get the world from me and all I get is abuse back and I wouldn't have it any other way. They are a pair of cheeky little so and so's! :D

I'll be TH if I can imbed this picture...

Ok I can't. Sigh

I'll be TH if I can imbed this picture...

Ok I can't. Sigh

Pm me the link and I'll do it for ya.

• Advertisement

Posting this for BuileBeag :3.

IMG-20200101-152931964-01.jpg

Advertisement