Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

This is the first day in a long while that I actually feel motivated to do something other than sitting around daydreaming and moping. I'm actually in a pretty good mood! Now whether or not I actually get beyond feeling like doing something to actually doing it is another matter. But an improvement none the less. I'm off to cook myself something yummy to celebrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Going to see Military Wives at the cinema tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I spent most of yesterday worrying because I couldn't feel the babba kicking. We spent the evening playing her music and drinking cold water. Not a peep.

Being treated today to lots of kicks :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th is meeting this cat and they let me rub them and kept rubbing off my leg and kept rolling over on their back for me :3:3

Black-And-White-Cat1.jpg
    Black-And-White-Cat2.jpg
    IMG20200305135124.jpg
    IMG20200305135128.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

getting flirty messages :D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Gorgeous day here again weather wise. Called in to the home place after work and my little nieces were visiting. I said I'd look after them while my SIL went food shopping. The two smallies love dressing up so we put on high vis vests (aka council workers) and went for a walk picking up rubbish on the way. It was a lovely afternoon and we met lots of neighbours en route (one on a horse, one with a dog and one with sweeties!) I'm smiling here as I just got a text from their Mum who said that they nodded off to sleep saying it was their "best day ever!" Picking rubbish ... who'd have thought it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Got a new pair of curtains for my bedroom and they look so well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TH being tagged in a customer photo. Shes wearing her order from me. When I first saw it it took me a second to reguster that I made that :)
    You can become dulled to what you make and do yourself, like anything in life, you need to see it through fresh eyes to appreciate it.

A candle with an amazing cold throw.
    I keep getting beautiful ghostly wafts of perfume.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

In less than 4 hours I'll be on my spring holidays :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Walking along the beach with stocktons playing in my ears.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

Seeing a wolfhound and a bichon frise being walked by their employee/owner. Little and large.

Migraine gone almost completely after a restorative snooze. Little to no postdrome symptoms and feeling energised. Got off lightly this time and that's no bad thing because tomorrow is my only day free from being a carer in the week and I'm spending it with my beloved.

Gorgeous walk this evening with the three dogs. Beautiful view of the mountains and we didn't meet another soul.

Home now and the cat is curled up on my lap.

Watch a film later.

:) Love a relaxed Friday!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

branie2 wrote: »
    I really enjoyed Call of the Wild
    I'd like to see it, I loved the book.
    Friday night, my favourite night of the week, just starting into the weekend.

Got to see it, loved it.

Friday Night, yay.

Really enjoyed Military Wives at the cinema this evening.

Going to Galway for a few hours tomorrow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th Playing a game called Yakuza 6 atm which is set in Japan and there's a mini game in it where you have to find cats for a cat cafe, you have to find the cats by listening out for a little meow :3 and then when you find them there normally rolling on there backs or balmed out :3 🐱 you feed them a particular cat food, some of them are picky and will only accept the gold tuna :eek: 🐱😃

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Not been a happy whiles as Tonto-cat got beaten up by Stinkertom. Thought he might die.

And am laid low amidst a relapse of the CFS/ME and savage hay fever..

But t'other morning, was transfixed to see a skylark rising high on his wave of divine song before he dived....He took me to heaven for a minute..

Wonder does he realise the joy he gives.. A God-send literally. .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,062 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I hope Tonto makes a full recovery, Graces. Heat, rest and a quiet place for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Graces, sending you & Tonto good wishes.

My TH definitely fulfills the trivial criteria so apologies in advance!

When it comes to my bath, I apply the Goldilocks temperature standard.
    TH to report that hb's bath tonight was not too hot, not too cold ... it was just right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,062 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

honeybear wrote: »
    Graces, sending you & Tonto good wishes.

My TH definitely fulfills the trivial criteria so apologies in advance!

When it comes to my bath, I apply the Goldilocks temperature standard.
    TH to report that hb's bath tonight was not too hot, not too cold ... it was just right!

I love when that happens! Not trivial at all.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

A little fellow, about four, bounced onto the bus I was on this morning, and stood on his tippy toes to say to the driver 'I love your tattoos'. The driver said 'thanks very much'.

The little fellow then walked down down the bus with his slightly bigger brother while the dad was paying, and he said, almost half to himself 'he DOES have lovely tattoos '.

It was just so sweet and sincere. It made me smile.

I had a great time in Galway today. I bought 5 Blu-rays, a DVD and four books.

I'm finally out of the weird daze I've been in for two months. It was surprisingly simple to break out in the end. Clear headed at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

My mother found the letter I wrote to them when I was in Irish College and showed it to me today. Dated 20 June 1984.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Finally kissing a guy I’ve had a massive crush on for over two years....and then taking the piss out of each other afterwards. He’s class :D

Finally kissing a guy I’ve had a massive crush on for over two years....and then taking the piss out of each other afterwards. He’s class :D

And? And? Go on tell us! Are ye going to go out ? :)

TH daylight savings soon. Spring Forward :)
    TH I made buns today. I might bake something most of the days if not every day I'm at home :)

Sausages for lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Seeing Lewis Capaldi tonight :D

• Advertisement

My partner picks up my shopping for me and this morning when he asked if I needed anything I mentioned I had a craving for chocolate. He arrived back 10 minutes later with a twIx multipack AND a choccy bunny! TH an amazing partner who goes out of his way to do little things just for me. I'm very, very lucky.

Advertisement