Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

[QUOTE=Widdershins;112804252
    Ha :) I heard they can be aggressive with each other...but I suppose thats true of any poultry/bird males?

Yep. Once had 2 cockerels at the same time and did not realise the new young boy had developed his hormones before I could organise the old one's retirement accommodation,,, Suddenly they were literally locked in mortal combat

A bucket of water availed nothing then I grabbed one bodily and literally shook the other off, screaming as I did so.

MEN! NB hens will bully a hen but...

Happy days they were in my self sufficiency days.

Today? Happy to be safe inside with the gale roaring and screaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Sis finally out of the hospital and settled well in her house.
    B/c of the shut down, I'm not being peer pressured to go the the parental anniversary mass on sunday!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Happy to be able to end the active day when I need to! Like NOW,, dratted pain levels are sky high and am at analgesia levels and exhausted with it so time to turn off the day. Yawn!

Have a lovely day in every way you can! Little things are sweetness and light in dark times.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TH dug out a copy of The Fat of the Land and Food for Free.. I'm boning up now so I'll thrive in the coming Famine, Mark II

Happy at a quiet morning after yesterday's brouhaha..

Happy too that I have even a small bit of land and containers to grow food this year; broad beans and peas sowing in trays today …

Happy at birds who sing whatever hard things are going on. SING!

Happy at a day abed ahead! See you anon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

My car insurance has come down €300. With the way things are with insurance payouts in this country, I was bracing myself for an increase. Pleasantly surprised :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My niece telling me all about “leopard corns”‘ at the end of the rainbow and “St Practice” day. Cute

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Spinning around with my favourite biyeen and the two of us getting dizzy 😵 😵 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Spent the usual age scrolling through Netflix looking for something I'd enjoy watching when lo, I happened upon a period drama described as 'violent' and "lavish'. Interest piqued, I had a closer look and it does indeed fit my interests on several levels
    Violent: check
    Lavish:check
    Bodice ripping: check
    Favourite historical era: 18th century, yup that's a check
    So now I can motivate myself to start climbing the ironing mountain, nip to the butchers up the road and start on my planned batch cooking with the promise of an evening spent in the company of some delightful, law breaking, longhaired men in tight leather trousers and frilly blouses.

I'm a simple soul people, with simple, uncomplicated needs. Virus be damned. Today is a happy day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Graces7 wrote: »
    Happy at a quiet morning after yesterday's brouhaha..

Happy too that I have even a small bit of land and containers to grow food this year; broad beans and peas sowing in trays today …

Happy at birds who sing whatever hard things are going on. SING!

Happy at a day abed ahead! See you anon!

TH because your post made this song and band pop into my head quite randomly for some reason! :)

And now I really want to have a big food fight... :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Spent the usual age scrolling through Netflix looking for something I'd enjoy watching when lo, I happened upon a period drama described as 'violent' and "lavish'. Interest piqued, I had a closer look and it does indeed fit my interests on several levels
    So now I can motivate myself to start climbing the ironing mountain, nip to the butchers up the road and start on my planned batch cooking with the promise of an evening spent in the company of some delightful, law breaking, longhaired men in tight leather trousers and frilly blouses.

I'm a simple soul people, with simple, uncomplicated needs. Virus be damned. Today is a happy day.

And the name of this drama? Asking for a friend ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

You had me at Bodice ripping,heh.

Went to the vet today. Two THs.

First I needed a new supply of my dogs medication. This was the last thing I wanted sorted in case we go into lockdown! Usually they cap it at two months. Then she has a check up and then another couple months of medication (it's life long meds). Today they gave me four months! Yay! If all stays well, I don't have to go back for ages.

Second TH.. my dog had to have a very small procedure today as well and my vet didn't charge me. He's the best, he really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Bloodshot was very good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

A cinnamon raisin bagel with Nutella and a cup of tea :D

(ETA: yes I know it’s half 2 in the morning :pac:)

Been jumping around the kitchen to Chain Reaction. Best sleep I had in ages and I'm in amazing form :D
    Leaves are bursting open all around me and it's so beautifully bright from much earlier in the morning now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

TH at reading your post Widders ... that song brings me back to a very sweet memory. Going to have happy earworm for the day. Thanks for making me smile!

More than TH that I heeded the forecast and dragged myself out of bed at first light ie silly o'clock to do some outside work. Has been nigh impossible with the wild winds and deluges... has been driving me crazy not being able to do things

Even happier I got myself back to bed with hot water bottle and painkillers before my exertions wreaked their inevitable punishment ;) Outwitted it neatly!

Happy day with the fire lit, soup to heat for dinner..... rain deluging and all cats safe in abed with me.

Who needs more!

"You taste a little and then you swallow slower
    Nature has a way of yielding treasure..."
    I love that, no modern singers put so much into a song now.

TH I'm now defacto pack leader as I was left with the ex husband's dog and the dog is kissing up to me. Im not a dog person but she'd charm the birds out of the trees.

Happy to be here among sane, kind, folk.. Just had a ding-dong with Electric Ireland after a letter ( postman has hardly been over all week because of the weather) threatening me with disconnection! A series of clerical errors on their side but will they admit it! Blame the customer time. The amount is very small but they insist on them being right. Gave them verbal what for on the phone and NEED A NEW SUPPLIER

Bless you for listening; happy in this place..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Ruby Ring

Went for a rainy run earlier. It's been ages since I did that but I'm trying to exercise more every day. Running clears the fog from my brain.

Poochie05 wrote: »
    And the name of this drama? Asking for a friend ;)

You can tell your friend it's called called 'Thieves of the Wood' . It's Belgian, so mainly in Flemish with some French and a little bit of German so far. I've seen 2 episodes; some buckles have been swashed and some bodices ripped (but not in a good way). A little slow so far in that the male lead hadn't as much as got bare chested yet but I'll stick it out.

TH I wore one of my new dresses today and it fits nicely and is very flattering. I felt a bit more like 'me' than I have done in a while.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TH I wore one of my new dresses today and it fits nicely and is very flattering. I felt a bit more like 'me' than I have done in a while.

Pics or gtfo

😜

Pics or gtfo

😜

Here

Here

🐱😃

ðŸ±ðŸ˜႒

I don't know why that's upsidedown. The ginger beast is Gilbert, his stripe nosed sister Itty-Bitty is in the background. They make me happy every day.

I don't know why that's upsidedown. The ginger beast is Gilber,t his stripe nosed sister Itty-Bitty is in the background. They make me happy every day.

Great names!

Here is their Mama, Smudge. She is the littlest but is the boss of everyone (including me) and is my other, daily TH

Your cats are fab sardonicat but I LOVE the ginger fella. He looks like he's a very big boy!!!

• Advertisement

Your cats are fab sardonicat but I LOVE the ginger fella. He looks like he's a very big boy!!!

Haha. He's handsome but vain. I sing 'You're fit but don't you know it' to him. He's a big wuss too. But I love him. I love all of them.

Advertisement