Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

Hearing and seeing bumblebees being busy in the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Watching the same guy play fetch with his dog 3 days in a row now. He had his son with him today. Just know by looking they have a great bond.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ande1975

Watching the same guy play fetch with his dog 3 days in a row now. He had his son with him today. Just know by looking they have a great bond.

With the dog or the son?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭blade1

First day since about September wearing a short sleeve shirt to work.
    Felt great for some reason.
    In these current times it almost felt like frolicking through a park naked :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Tigi Foxy Curls in my hair, smells like Skittles sweets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,917 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Getting a video of youngest granddaughter .
    She's walking :D

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Getting a video of youngest granddaughter .
    She's walking :D

Magical moment. Mine’s just started, too. I am consoling myself that a) I probably wouldn’t have seen it first hand anyway (being in a different country!) and b) I now have a record of it I can watch any old time I want!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,917 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Magical moment. Mine’s just started, too. I am consoling myself that a) I probably wouldn’t have seen it first hand anyway (being in a different country!) and b) I now have a record of it I can watch any old time I want!!

Aw , it is a little bittersweet isn't it ?
    You're right though , we have a little flash of instant happiness at our fingertips :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Barbecue for dinner earlier on

branie2 wrote: »
    Barbecue for dinner earlier on

Respect 👏🏻

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Made a really cheesy mac and cheese for dinner tonight, it was yum :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Playing guitar this evening and it's warm.
    Reminded me of playing during the summer when I was a young face.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

TH that the hens & ducks brought their A game to the farmyard this evening. Since the clocks went forward, they’ve been social distancing themselves from me at their bedtime (I’ve spent the last few evenings playing hide n’seek looking for the little divils). Tonight, I am TH to report that they were all in their houses as good as gold when I went to shut them in.

Listening to a podcast (1st one, more or less.)
    Irish folk medicine and coronavirus :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Long zoom meeting with family last night. Even the ones in Britain joined in. It was the best 2 hours since the shut-down. Still smiling today

Talking with my grandmother this morning over video phone.

The neighbouring house accross from my garden has been painted sage green. Where it once glared through the gap in my fedge it now blends in with the leaves around it.

Its still hot enough for a summer dress.

Oh and I've started to tan after just a few hours outside 2 days ago. That couldn't happen in my 20s, I just did not tan. Not sure what's changed.

The man posing as a garda who stopped undercover guards. God knows what his motives were but talk about karma.

The song "Life" by Des'ree, on the radio :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

The song "Life" by Des'ree, on the radio :)

Toast and ghost !
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,603 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Relaxing outside in Costa del Backgardenos.
    Puddy cat soaking up the rays beside me.
    Gonna buy a humongous Easter egg tomorrow and stuff my face with it!
    What a time to be alive!

(I'm also working all weekend in masks and gloves, but life goes on too.)

Lovely Good Friday ceremony on RTE 1 this afternoon a while ago

If the pandemic hadn't happened I'd be in Pasadena soon.
    I'm sad, I had little opportunity to travel in the past, but my friend showed me lots of photos and reminded me theyll still be there when the pandemic passes...like this, one of the little creatures of the night who haunt his garden :D it's the main thing I was excited about, the wildlife. https://ibb.co/QdjCfDX

Smoked haddock with fish sauce for dinner; it was delicious

branie2 wrote: »
    Smoked haddock with fish sauce for dinner; it was delicious

One of my favourites too.

If the pandemic hadn't happened I'd be in Pasadena soon.
    I'm sad, I had little opportunity to travel in the past, but my friend showed me lots of photos and reminded me theyll still be there when the pandemic passes...like this, one of the little creatures of the night who haunt his garden :D it's the main thing I was excited about, the wildlife. https://ibb.co/QdjCfDX

Don't get too close to a trash panda, Widders. They'll rip your face off and won't let go, and are big rabies carriers.

Candie wrote: »
    Don't get too close to a trash panda, Widders. They'll rip your face off and won't let go, and are big rabies carriers.

Crikey!!! He lets them into the kitchen! That little guy/lady was reaching out for some dropped food and practically shook his hand...I'll beware, thanks :)

Trash Pandas :D

My Granny is embracing all the new communication technology like a pro. I was saying goodnight to her yesterday and she puts this out there:

Granny: I had a three-way last night! It was great fun and I'm going to do it more often. I might try get more people involved and have a whole gang on the go together!

Me:
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tenor.com%2Fimages%2F3bee4740ebd52e11e21b3db3e28ef646%2Ftenor.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Granny: Conference calls are great, aren't they?

Crikey!!! He lets them into the kitchen! That little guy/lady was reaching out for some dropped food and practically shook his hand...I'll beware, thanks :)

Trash Pandas :D

His sound quite tame but they're still wild animals. They disable their prey by going for the face, and they don't let go. They're considered MRV's, major rabies vectors. They are more susceptible than other mammals that carry and transmit it, and are the second highest vector of rabies behind bats.

They can also turn very aggressive out of the blue. Be careful :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Candie wrote: »

Hey!!! I'm not ripping anybody's face off :D

Advertisement