Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

Drawing the curtains this morning to another lovely sunrise.

Blinded by the light (there’s a song in there somewhere!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭blade1

What a day

IMG-20200415-082250.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

My TA at waking so early turned into a TH!

TH to watch a hare exploring my garden this morning. I have never been that close to one before ... they are so elegant. I'm sure if i had been up later, I would have missed my lovely visitor.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th seeing swans down the park, all of them side by side, such beauty, isn't there an old saying about seeing swans together?

Also I a bluish bird in the same river, swan like and it had a cow lick on its head,beautiful bird whatever it was :3.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Was it swan-sized or duck-sized?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

^^^
    A heron perhaps?
    9200000060152160.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

New Home wrote: »
    Was it swan-sized or duck-sized?

Swan sized

^^^
    A heron perhaps?
    9200000060152160.jpg

Thats them!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

NVM. Yes, they're gorgeous! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Flares and bootcut jeans are coming back into fashion and I’ve loads of pairs from years ago :pac:

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote: »
    What a day

What a view!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Thats them!

I love them. Have paintings and photos of them I collected over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

It's my birthday today. I'm self-isolating alone in my apartment in London and have been doing so for almost a month now.

I got not one, not two, not three but FOUR bouquets of flowers delivered to the flat throughout the day from family, my best friend and work colleagues. And my phone has pretty much been going non-stop. To the point where I've been almost craving a few hours to switch off and not have to talk to anyone!

But it's been so lovely to see how lucky I am with the wonderful, kind, thoughtful people in my life. So many people who really care about me, that I sort of probably took for granted until recently. I can't wait to hug humans and never take the big and little things for granted ever again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Made friends with a beautiful red setter on my walk today :D

bitofabind wrote: »
    It's my birthday today. I'm self-isolating alone in my apartment in London and have been doing so for almost a month now.

I got not one, not two, not three but FOUR bouquets of flowers delivered to the flat throughout the day from family, my best friend and work colleagues. And my phone has pretty much been going non-stop. To the point where I've been almost craving a few hours to switch off and not have to talk to anyone!

But it's been so lovely to see how lucky I am with the wonderful, kind, thoughtful people in my life. So many people who really care about me, that I sort of probably took for granted until recently. I can't wait to hug humans and never take the big and little things for granted ever again

Happy Birthday!

MadKeenEthiopianwolf-small.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I saw a swan flying overhead this morning down here. Noisy wing flapping off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭4Ad

bitofabind wrote: »

DONT switch off your phone !
    Just realise there are people who think of you !
    Enjoy

This gif

source.gif

:3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

How are puppy and cat getting along now ?

Well my cat isn't too pleased. But he has started to tolerate the puppy which makes me very happy!

They 'play' now. The puppy runs at my cat, the cat leaps backwards and runs around in a circle and then smacks the puppy on the head! Very amusing to watch!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭She is d.i.s.c.o

When someone who is being nasty to you inadvertently insults themselves! Sorry I'm not usually that petty but sometimes you have to lol about it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

It looks and feels like we are in true summer now :)
    Incredibly soul lifting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Not sure how the thumbs down got there, sorry

Very shallowly TH my own natural hair colour is free of insane colour residue...cause I can be in photos again...and love my tan, sign of summer...superficial me...
    When someone who is being nasty to you inadvertently insults themselves! Sorry I'm not usually that petty but sometimes you have to lol about it :D

I grinned ear to ear when mid-screaming-rant my fruitloop ex called himself a dictator :)

He got that much right :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

It's Friday.

Washed all the newborn baby clothes yesterday and I can't get over the sight of all the dinky little sleepsuits hanging in the sun to dry. Can't wait to have someone to put them on!

OH is a techy and working from home - so any time I have an IT issue not only do I get the problem sorted immediately upon raising the request, I also get a kiss along with it - never happens with the work IT people! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Like, (say slowly in disgusted tone) "you despise me" :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

TH that the mundane task of painting gates this morning has been interrupted by a nice surprise from the postman.

One of my lovely Junior Infants sent me a gorgeous homemade card. She drew me, my doggies & cats and said how much she missed me … I’m a bit (happy) teary looking at it. I’m TH that she was so thoughtful and that her card actually got to me. It was addressed:

Ms. Honeybear (not my real name)
    She lives on a farm
    Village
    County

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

honeybear wrote: »
    TH that the mundane task of painting gates this morning has been interrupted by a nice surprise from the postman.

One of my lovely Junior Infants sent me a gorgeous homemade card. She drew me, my doggies & cats and said how much she missed me … I’m a bit (happy) teary looking at it. I’m TH that she was so thoughtful and that her card actually got to me. It was addressed:

She lives on a farm
    Village
    County

That's absolutely beautiful. I have to say I'm a tad disappointed that your real name isn't Ms. Honeybear.

My TH is much more profane: found an unopened jar of peanut butter in the press. Nom, Nom, Nom, Nom. Nommy, Nommy, Nom, Nom.

Antares35 wrote: »
    It's Friday.

Washed all the newborn baby clothes yesterday and I can't get over the sight of all the dinky little sleepsuits hanging in the sun to dry. Can't wait to have someone to put them on!

OH is a techy and working from home - so any time I have an IT issue not only do I get the problem sorted immediately upon raising the request, I also get a kiss along with it - never happens with the work IT people! :pac:

That whole post made me smile.

honeybear wrote: »

She lives on a farm
    Village
    County

That is so cute and such a nice surprise to get.

TH that my best friend bought me a bar of chocolate and left it in the post box for me. Also a stone in the shape of a heart.

Antares35 wrote: »

And I bet you aren't even asked to turn your computer off and on again... you lucky cow!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Walked in the local park early this morning, the grass was being cut and the smell of it was just divine.

Pottering about upstairs now, and can hear the little fellow next door, (he is about six) bouncing happily and chatting to himself, on the trampoline in his garden.

Advertisement