Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

New Home wrote: »
    And I bet you aren't even asked to turn your computer off and on again... you lucky cow!!

Ha, he knows he would be given his marching orders if he suggested that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

New Home wrote: »
    And I bet you aren't even asked to turn your computer off and on again... you lucky cow!!
    Antares35 wrote: »
    Ha, he knows he would be given his marching orders if he suggested that :D

Mr A + Have you tried rebooting it?

A - I'll boot you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was feeling very lazy a few minutes ago so I thought to myself "Say a word to make you get about of your seat" so I said out loud and by myself without thinking "Dírbeathaisnéis!!". It wasn't until I stood up that I remembered what the word meant: "Autobiography!".

And I don't think I was being inspired to write one. Even though I'm not a fluent Irish speaker, I remember that word from studying 'Peig' in that late 80s, but hadn't thought about it since. :D

That's all...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Spotted a chocolate orange egg on sale before easter, its was about a tenner, I'm trying to wean myself off sugar and was too broke to buy it.
    I've been very good with my exercises and spotted it yes, it was on sale for €2!
    Sitting chillin' in the fridge now!!!

Was listening to one day like this on various formats earlier and it blew away the mental cobwebs.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That Ricky Gervais on the Late Late said goodbye Dave :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,561 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

A few kind words made me smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Jut had a lovely whatsapp call with my sister .Her kids talked her through setting it up and we chatted for ages and it was just lovely to see her .

Seeing the smile on my granddaughter’s lovely face when I sang “happy birthday” to her - on her first ever birthday - over WhatsApp. Totally made my day!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Honeybear that's the cutest thing!! You're so lucky!

I had two zoom meetings last night. The first with all of the teachers/SNA's and Secretary from my school. Was great to see them all!

The second was for my cousin's 30th birthday. We had a quiz and drinks! Ended up chatting until 1am. It was brilliant!

Today I'm having an extremely lazy day. I'm still in bed and it's noon!

KatW4 wrote: »
    Honeybear that's the cutest thing!! You're so lucky!

I had two zoom meetings last night. The first with all of the teachers/SNA's and Secretary from my school. Was great to see them all!

The second was for my cousin's 30th birthday. We had a quiz and drinks! Ended up chatting until 1am. It was brilliant!

Today I'm having an extremely lazy day. I'm still in bed and it's noon!
    Zoom is a great job. On it for the first time last week . Cousins from all around the globe.
    Only thing was I didn't set the view up right so I didn't know who half them were. But we'll do another one soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Tony Holohan makes me happy ! Reassuring and calm in this maelstrom

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Packet of mini-eggs in the post box today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

"Do my foolish alibis bore you?
    Well I'm not too clever...I just adore you.
    Call me irresponsible...yes, I'm unreliable..but it's undeniably true...I'm irresponsibly mad for you"

Th Frank Sinatra :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Ordered a chinese and it was as nice as i hoped.So im full.Sitting on my laptop with a cold beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I too am ordering a takeaway for tonight...I'm absolutely Hank!

Takeaway.....great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,917 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Catching up with brother in Canada , our weekly check in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Cut my boyfriend's hair and I didn't butcher him! His neck line is a bit short but ah well it'll grow back! Proud of myself because I am very clumsy and untidy usually!

Had to work today, not long home. A packet of wine gums in my post box. Awwwww!

I decided I was going to watch a film, anything tonight as that's not what I usually do .
    TH is the deer hunter is on tv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

cj maxx wrote: »
    I decided I was going to watch a film, anything tonight as that's not what I usually do .
    TH is the deer hunter is on tv
    Great film, excellent turn by Walken.

Great film, excellent turn by Walken.

I think if I had have been there, and it happened as in the film, I would be the Walken character.
    I was the kind to disappear on a night of on my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭storker

My daughter came in just now asking if I had any pencil grips as her biro was uncomfortable to hold. I'd never heard of such a thing, but what I did have was a roll of duct tape, so I wound about 3" around the biro where she grips it and she declared herself satisfied.

It's the little things... :)

("If duct tape can't fix it, you're not using enough...")

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

storker wrote: »
    My daughter came in just now asking if I had any pencil grips as her biro was uncomfortable to hold. I'd never heard of such a thing, but what I did have was a roll of duct tape, so I wound about 3" around the biro where she grips it and she declared herself satisfied.

It's the little things... :)

("If duct tape can't fix it, you're not using enough...")

Is that a Red Green quote?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭storker

Is that a Red Green quote?

No idea. :) I think that gem of wisdom has been around for a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Was convinced I was going to have to buy a new dishwasher today but turned out was something I was able to fix myself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

May as well smell good during the lockdown :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I found bacon in the fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Feeling unusually tense and anxious this afternoon, so I turned on the telly and found Irish Paint Magic is on TG4. I haven’t an artistic bone in my body and would go out of my way to avoid art galleries, but this is just the most soothing programme. I cannot explain why seeing a painting emerge from nothing makes me so TH, but TH I am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,561 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    Feeling unusually tense and anxious this afternoon, so I turned on the telly and found Irish Paint Magic is on TG4. I haven’t an artistic bone in my body and would go out of my way to avoid art galleries, but this is just the most soothing programme. I cannot explain why seeing a painting emerge from nothing makes me so TH, but TH I am.

ooooh this gives me ideas! :D thanks bolgbui!

Advertisement