Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Made microwave popcorn and every kernel popped. Every single one of them. What a tremendous success.

Can't wait to read about that outcome in another thread tomorrow..not :)

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The children, with all the telly to choose from, were engrossed in penguins and one in particular who escaped a lion seal.
    It was amazing though

• Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Seeing a ragdoll in the "wild"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

The nightly murders have begun. The cat and the puppy spend a good 30 minutes every evening absolutely killing each other! It is highly entertaining because they practically rugby tackle one another around the room! Then they get hurt and go off to sulk for a little while. Silly little things! But they're so cute!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Seeing a ragdoll in the "wild"

The cat 🐈?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

The cat �

Yup, absolute beauty of a kitty but at the same time, I can't believe the owner would leave a ragdoll out and about.

The solar lights in my garden all work... Yay..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Not having to commute to work the last few weeks has been a very pleasant side effect of this terrible virus.

Not having to commute to work the last few weeks has been a very pleasant side effect of this terrible virus.

Saving a small fortune on diesel too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Reading a book out in the sun yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Sun
    Coffee
    Sleep
    Breathing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Just in from the back garden, where I was smoking a pipe and having a beer under the stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

cj maxx wrote: »
    The children, with all the telly to choose from, were engrossed in penguins and one in particular who escaped a lion seal.
    It was amazing though

Penguins are class.

You've reminded me of an old th.

The man who knits penguin jumpers. Just realised he passed away :( nice story, though. At that time, he was Australia's oldest man.

I'd wear some of them myself.

https://images.app.goo.gl/yh5osNx7kddnX1eS7

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My sister sent me a video of my favourite biyeen singing happy birthday to me 😃❤️

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ihdxwz4a3pem9j

Walking outside on a sunny day

Yup, absolute beauty of a kitty but at the same time, I can't believe the owner would leave a ragdoll out and about.

I wouldn't be letting them out of my sight and put up a fence so they could go out to the garden :3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Planning a day in the garden. The sound of nature going about its business in place of the normal racket of cars and vans on the road. I never thought such a thing would put a smile on my face, but it does.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

My mother's homemade bread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭storker

My computer headset broke last week - I should have known better than to use it all the time even when I didn't need the mic. I checked with Mme Storkeuse and the Storkettes and as it happened we were all "headphonically embarrassed". As a kind of cheer-up-the-lockdown thing I ordered new headphones for everyone and a headset for me and they all arrived today. Smiling faces all round. Again, it's the little things.

(How our youngest gets the leads as badly tangled as she does is a mystery to me...)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My sister sent me a video of my favourite biyeen singing happy birthday to me ðŸ˜႒â€ï¸

Happy birthday!!!! ðŸ˜႒

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

My sister sent me a video of my favourite biyeen singing happy birthday to me 😃❤️

Happy birthday Seph!

Sliding cake your way and because it’s your birthday I’ll even make you a cup of Barry's :D

KatW4 wrote: »
    Happy birthday!!!! ðŸ˜႒
    Poochie05 wrote: »
    Happy birthday Seph!

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQmzuiz_XKI3Aj2fdzqVHFMjQqttX_BdNwN4g73CkrbmUootenP&usqp=CAU

Poochie05 wrote: »

I’ll even make you a cup of Barry's :D

tenor.gif?itemid=5691489

:pac:

Kindred spirits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 dolly darling

I'm feeling trivially happy after another day of volunteering locally. It's very different from my regular job but very rewarding. Hard not to smile when one of the clients called me their "guardian angel" as I was leaving this evening. I'm already looking forward to going back in again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Having a sly 3 in 1 from the chinese.Its the little things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I just planted a red gooseberry plant that I bought recently. I don't like gooseberries but we used to have one in the back garden when I was a child, so I planted this in the front garden (at the front) so people can help themselves (since I won't be eating them). And it's sort of in memory of my father who died last year.

Even digging the hole to plant it felt good. :D

And this was all I could think of...

Ever eaten gooseberry jam, BDB?
    I think thats a lovely thing you did, and letting people have some fruit is nice.

TH the photos of roundabouts and grass verges being left grow a bit wilder and sown with wildflowers.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

That's such a lovely thing to do, Badly Drunk Boy!

I'm happy because after an insane working week I have nothing to do for the weekend except work through a couple of new books and spend a bit of tiem with the madra.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Ever eaten gooseberry jam, BDB?
    I think thats a lovely thing you did, and letting people have some fruit is nice.
    I don't like jam in general so I probably won't make the jam. But others are welcome to... :)

I just turned on Nationwide on RTÉ1+1 and there was footage of an American female astronaut (Cady Coleman) playing the flute and tin whistle in space, that she got from The Chieftains. Since then, she had done a few guest performances with the band. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I had my glasses on top of my head, they fell off and landed on the tiles, but the lenses didn't break. They're glass, too. :)

Advertisement