Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I went into the kitchen to make a proper food snack, but the light didn't work, but I proceeded in the dark. I have food microwaving, air-drying and similar, as my bare feet are trying to say "Yeah, grand.". There are cables everywhere, and at the most dangerous part, I was holding my stabbiest, sharpest knife.

I want my ice-pop.

And I have a Calippo! :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I went into the kitchen to make a proper food snack, but the light didn't work, but I proceeded in the dark. I have food microwaving, air-drying and similar, as my bare feet are trying to say "Yeah, grand.". There are cables everywhere, and at the most dangerous part, I was holding my stabbiest, sharpest knife.

I want my ice-pop.
      And I have a Calippo! :D

Were you planning to fight someone to the death on the way to the freezer? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

That would put a smile on Oscar the Grouch's face!

• Advertisement

TH I am not a sad grumpy bitch like I was last night. I'm alive and well and so are my family.
      That is all I need. Self-pity can **** right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

The tiny spider walking down along my arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,917 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

TH I am not a sad grumpy bitch like I was last night. I'm alive and well and so are my family.
      That is all I need. Self-pity can **** right off.

TH that you're feeling better today Kathleen !
      We all have nights like that , and my other TH is that I have strawberries :D
      (Not Keelings before I get ambushed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Mam of 4 wrote: »
      TH that you're feeling better today Kathleen !
      We all have nights like that , and my other TH is that I have strawberries :D
      (Not Keelings before I get ambushed!)
      Unless they are wild or homegrown berries, I think you got Keelings there Mam. They are like the fruit mafia, nearly all the fruit in Ireland comes in with them.

Unless they are wild or homegrown berries, I think you got Keelings there Mam. They are like the fruit mafia, nearly all the fruit in Ireland comes in with them.

Lidl , no labels on the packets on offer this week , I feel bad now , even though I didn't open them yet .

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭blade1

TH I started watching After Life.
      Some of the sad bits I can relate to so feels a bit heavy for me to watch but the lighter side bits balance it out.
      I've never been able to watch Ricky Gervais in anything before but this is a great watch!

Lidl , no labels on the packets on offer this week , I feel bad now , even though I didn't open them yet .
      Me and my big gob :o

Tuck in and enjoy Mam, we need our little treats more than ever these days.
      Loads of countries are flying in workers to work on the farms, Germany, Britain etc. so it isn't just us like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

This crowd are the supplier of Lidl strawberries, they are grown and picked in Kildare. http://www.mccarthystrawberries.ie/
      They are not associated with Keelings as far as I know.

And please do us all a kindness after eating your strawberries and change your username to Jam of 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

What about all the people on the side of roads in summer selling Wexford strawberries?
      They're not from the Keeling empire?

To thine own self be true

Me and my big gob :o

Tuck in and enjoy Mam, we need our little treats more than ever these days.
      Loads of countries are flying in workers to work on the farms, Germany, Britain etc. so it isn't just us like.

Geez no , you're grand TPT !
      Guy , thanks for that lol !

I'll share the strawberries with you both :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Keelings rely on migrant workers because Irish people don't want to do the work.

I feel sorry for them in a way because their only other option was to let a full year's crop rot.

TH I'm going to chill for the evening.

The tiny spider walking down along my arm.
      A money spider? My granny used to say if you see one on you you're about to come into some cash.
      But kill him and the deal is off, you get bad luck instead.

Strawberries are from the Netherlands, sticker on the bottom of the packet , think I'd rather eat Keelings :D

TH , I made chicken curry for son , it might be a tad hot , as in cough inducing hot ...Oooops :D

TH , I made chicken curry for son , it might be a tad hot , as in cough inducing hot ...Oooops :D

As long as it’s only a cough....

As long as it’s only a cough....

That remains to be seen ..
      Or not seen preferably !

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Strawberries are from the Netherlands, sticker on the bottom of the packet , think I'd rather eat Keelings :D

Just don't eat the leaves on the strawberries and you'll be fine :D

To thine own self be true

Love love peace peace
      Four women baking bread
      Peace peace love love
      And a man in a hamster wheel
      :D

Still love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

FINALLY winning a lockdown quiz after taking part in four or five of them. Yuss!

Th getting to wear summery clothes. Ive gradually learnedto coordinate which is quite pleasing. It seems I had no fashion sense whatsoever until recently :O

A money spider? My granny used to say if you see one on you you're about to come into some cash.
      But kill him and the deal is off, you get bad luck instead.

I remember my mother saying that. She used to remove big spiders with a glass and a sheet of paper. I never kill anything.
      I thinkthis one was even smaller than a money spider.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

@Widdershins...a small money spider?🤔😂

Deskside with feet up. The advantages of a home office. And that is wherever my iPad mini is.

I lost my fashion sense together with my last girl friend. My clothes have to fall apart before i see the necessity to replace them.😄

@Widdershins...a small money spider?🤔😂

Deskside with feet up. The advantages of a home office. And that is wherever my iPad mini is.

I lost my fashion sense together with my last girl friend. My clothes have to fall apart before i see the necessity to replace them.😄
      The smaller the slider the bigger windfall I hope :D

Everyone should wear clothes out if possible. Fashion industry is a huge polluter.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My clothes have to fall apart before i see the necessity to replace them.😄

Sure, they'll still do for pottering around the house or the garden... won't they? :o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I've been doing yoga on the downdog app since St. Patricks day as a total beginner.
      Now on day 42 I've realised I don't need to see the screen anymore because I've learnt the names of the moves and have an idea of the flow.

I'm still awful but getting better in tiny increments.:)

I was just watching Countdown, and noticed that Rachel Riley was a bit curvier than usual (in a good way) probably due to having a baby in December. I think somebody rigged the letters in one round because there were 4 'T's, 2 'I's, and an 'R'. Then, in the next round, the first two letters were 'B', then 'R', but an 'A' didn't appear next.

(No, I don't usually see stuff in this sort of perverted way...)

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Lasagne for dinner later on

Advertisement