Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Heard from 2 of my kids today (well their parents). So happy to know that they are doing well. Hopefully the rest of my class will contact me soon. I miss them!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Going shopping and finding a gem.I found a small camembert in Iceland for 75c.Just big enough for me.Put garlic in it,in the oven it went and it was fab.OOzy cheese and a nice steak.What more do you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

dubstarr wrote:
    Going shopping and finding a gem.I found a small camembert in Iceland for 75c.Just big enough for me.Put garlic in it,in the oven it went and it was fab.OOzy cheese and a nice steak.What more do you want.

A few chips wouldn't go astray... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

A few chips wouldn't go astray... :pac:

Oh i had chips and mushrooms and onions.:eek:Lovely though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Decided to apply for a Masters because apparently I’m a glutton for punishment :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TH that oh's messages always make me smile, without fail. No sting in the tail hidden in layers of compliments.
    TH that he actually writes long messages. No snapchat/kik.
    Basically TH to know one in a million like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I was cleaning up the well here today, and saw two tiny little black beady eyes looking up at me. A little baby frog that would fit on your finger nail. So cute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Ruby Ring

A hot shower after a cold run ... the transcript for the bribery to get me out the door in the rain would make for interesting reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Went to town for my fortnightly shopping. I was already excited enough to be out of the house but I ended up meeting my sister, my aunt and my cousin! I was so happy to see them and have a (socially distanced) chat! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,553 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I got my Jack Daniels!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Listening to West Side Story Broadway Cast Recording on CD now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

madmaggie wrote: »
    I was cleaning up the well here today, and saw two tiny little black beady eyes looking up at me. A little baby frog that would fit on your finger nail. So cute.
    Pics please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Having groceries delivered to my door!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The wee buck telling me about deep sea monsters. Though Nessie is real :)

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Making a really nice dinner. Cooked homemade chips for the first time, made a fairly decent steak, mixed veg and had a lovely glass of Rioja to accompany it.

My cooking skills have vastly improved during this whole lockdown thing and I’ve been cooking food to savour and enjoy rather than just to eat it for the sake of eating it. There’s something so satisfying about making a nice meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

New photo from OH and he still makes me swooon :)
    Im having a glass of wine for me and one for him. A glass of wine in each hand stops me touching my face. Covid Tips # 1 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 dolly darling

Dancing around the kitchen with happiness here

My sister-in-law & brother have just told me that they are expecting their first baby after so many years of trying to conceive.

New photo from OH and he still makes me swooon :)
    Im having a glass of wine for me and one for him. A glass of wine in each hand stops me touching my face. Covid Tips # 1 :)

That is actually a brilliant tip!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ande1975

Making a really nice dinner. Cooked homemade chips for the first time, made a fairly decent steak, mixed veg and had a lovely glass of Rioja to accompany it.

My cooking skills have vastly improved during this whole lockdown thing and I’ve been cooking food to savour and enjoy rather than just to eat it for the sake of eating it. There’s something so satisfying about making a nice meal.

Damn you :p

I've been using the lockdown to try intermittent fasting to help shed the gazillion pounds I've piled on over the past few years. You know yourself, kitchen within easy access if I get too hungry.
    Coming up to my last 50 mins of a fast and then I read this.....

I can see and smell the steak... Literally tasting the chips, throw in a bit of garlic butter (won't be snogging again for a while).

If you think you hear thunder wherever you are..... its my stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,778 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

The 'T' button on my laptop was not working had to hit the button hard. Had cleaned the laptop with pc alcohol cleanser still not really working. Had taken the T key cover off to clean underneath.

Seemed to get worse or only worked intermittently. Looked up replacement parts on the net, seemed pricey (for what it was) or very awkward to do.

Decided the options were -
    1) copy and paste 'T' when typing
    2) Take off the 'T' key cover when typing (carefully putting the T key cover in a safe place)

I opted for the latter. Typing away with no T key cover. Was working OK until the rubber part of the button fell off. Fell on the floor, had to spend a few mins crawling around to find it.

'Feck it - what am I going to do now?' I said to meself.

I put the rubber part of the button back in - kind of loosely - but safe with the T key cover back on.
    Worked like a dream.
    Look!

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
    tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

All I could think of was 1980's A-Team character- Hannibal Smith - 'I love it when a plan comes together'. :cool:

Because the actor who played BA was called MR T...

A-230343-1560769871-8054.jpeg.jpg

:D

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I got 1/6th of the way through my course book from memory, I only had to check three items as I have labelled them differently in my mind.

To ppl with a normal brain that nothing, but to one like mine its huge!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Watching Double Indemnity on Blu-ray last night; it was an excellent film noir thriller from the 1940s with Fred MacMurray and Barbra Stanwyck.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

TH with two effective days.😄

Was mostly fun and i am quite happy with the results. Yesterday i fixed three tyres for three bikes. One is street safe, the second needs a new front brake to get there and number three is a now rolling spare parts donor. 😂

And have done a ‘renovation’ projekt for a good friend of mine. His old Logitech G15 gaming keyboard was in dire needs of this after a decade of heavy mistreatment. So the caps went off and into the heated ultrasonic bath. Dried after a bit of additional cleaning till this morning. The chassis was cleaned with a few dozens of cotton buds and soapy water. The tiny bits were done with the help of toothpicks with a bit of cotton around. Definitely not for impatient people.😂

The result looks quite ok.😜👍

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 dolly darling

TH at the kindness of others

Just home after a tough day at work where I experienced every emotion going. I’m wrapped in a big cardie on my garden seat and having a glass of vino. While I was gone, my very thoughtful neighbour unexpectedly cut my grass. A pink tree has spread confetti like blossoms everywhere. With my garden lights on, I feel like I’m on the set of a movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Because today (May Day) is a holiday in the country I work in, and Monday is a bank holiday, and Tuesday is a regional/local holiday, I'm currently celebrating a five day weekend. Double TH in that I received a book in the post today from a friend of mine that I wasn't expecting. So even though I can't go anywhere for these five days I have something new to keep me occupied (plus, obviously, I have great friends). :)

It's May Day!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

For years I've had a youngster stay with me when things got bad at his house, he's a real grown up now.
    Chasing a promotion in his job, he consented to doing a job that meant a lot of travel and when he's here he stays with me.

Sadly, his sister didnt get to stay with me but they remained close.

I was skyping with them during the week, giving out about how I cant get to the shops to buy fruit/nuts for my hot cereal, without skipping a beat she said 'mom'(easily known she didnt grow up with me) muesli! you have two bags in your cupboard.

TH, she called me mom(tho its a phrase I hate) and she cut through a lot of internal arguments about shopping from those items.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

This isn't trivial but had to post it. Today I have made it five years post-cancer diagnosis!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

This isn't trivial but had to post it. Today I have made it five years post-cancer diagnosis!

HAH!!! In your face, Big C!!!!

Congratulations, ODB. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

New Home wrote: »
    HAH!!! In your face, Big C!!!!

Congratulations, ODB. :)

Tanx luv. xoxo :pac:

Advertisement