Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I had a falling out with a friend of 18 years. I was really sad about it and despite reaching out to him twice, never received any replies back from him. This was way back in February.

Checked my phone before bed tonight and there was a message from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,556 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

toast, it's just lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The new coffee I ordered yesterday arrived today, happy sephers :3 .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

That made me happy! I wasn't sure if this song was something I actually remembered from my childhood or some sort of imagined or misheard lyric. Also, will be having toast and marmite soon and that makes me happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Trivially happy at not giving up!
    Started volunteering over a month ago. After the first day, I thought I wouldn't last a week.
    I'm hanging on in there and going to aim for another month (fingers crossed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Boy dog's first day back at school,
    I heard him get off the sofa to bark when his lift came in the door, using his best 'Im gonna rip your head off' bark.
    Rapidly turned into his 'Rub my tummy' whimper and off they went.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My stomach bug has departed, after out staying it's welcome. Also, farmer next door is turning grass for silage, the smell of the cut grass is gorgeous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

honeybear wrote: »
    Started volunteering over a month ago. After the first day, I thought I wouldn't last a week.
    More than TH to see the return of Honeybear!! Welcome back and I hope you are well. :)

Also TH at the mood I'm in today, if I could bottle it and sell it I'd be the richest man of all time. I normally detest this day as it's the same date as a traumatic childhood incident that has had long lasting effects on me so I'm usually a complete moody bollix for the few weeks around it but I'm in a fantastic mood today. I even got sent a package by a fellow Boardsie.

https://ibb.co/CB51zQF

Guy Person wrote: »
    More than TH to see the return of Honeybear!! Welcome back and I hope you are well. :)

Also TH at the mood I'm in today, if I could bottle it and sell it I'd be the richest man of all time. I normally detest this day as it's the same date as a traumatic childhood incident that has had long lasting effects on me so I'm usually a complete moody bollix for the few weeks around it but I'm in a fantastic mood today. I even got sent a package by a fellow Boardsie.

So glad to see you back posting Guy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TH feeling clean and with hot skin after a shower.
    I had an absolutely filthy night.

Cleaning the attic :(

Guy Person wrote: »

HI GUY!! *waves enthusiastically*

That's so nice of that boardsie! God there's some sound people on here. I'd never have believed you could make such connections with internet strangers but I've witnessed some lovely friendships on boards. That's after lifting my mood anyway!

Hoping Grem, Sardi and all the rest of you wherers are in good form today.

Now off to hang out the clothes!

EDIT: Oops this isn't the wherers thread! That keeps happening me! :D I can't keep up with threads here, especially with constant glitching. Aw well! Sorry about that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

I'm on day 23 of yoga, and I swear its been the best thing I ever did other then speech and drama as a kid :D.

So yoga makes me happy :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

honeybear wrote: »

Happy to a see certain bumbog posting again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

The ETA of my new laptop changed last night from next week to this Friday \o/

Following on from my TA the other day about bake at home bread rolls, I had Fitzgerald's bread rolls yesterday and the smell and taste of freshly baked bread was devine.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Most excellent piece of information, Shelly, will look for those in the shops. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I am sure I annoyed my housemates with the buzzzzzzzzzzzz from my bedroom for ages. Don't care :cool:

I purchased an electric hair clippers with all the blades and attachments from amazon. Though it took me a long time and it sure is an amateur effort I am happy with the result. My gents haircut on myself turned out decent.

In 3 months my hair clippers will pay for itself. And it has a razor attachment too so I will take it when travelling

I do know that most every lad in Ireland was at this 2 months ago! Today was my first attempt so my TH

Deliveries due tomorrow.
    Cleaning products and art supplies.
    Baking ingredients.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Far from trivial this but I've just been sent the video of a colleague (and one of the nicest, genuine guys I've ever met) being released from hospital after over a month in ICU with COVID-19.

Big, happy, Friday morning tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

My new laptop arrived today, it's so small, fast and pretty :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

The cycle home from work was great, no effort due to the wind. There were also some mad vortices of leaves from the poor auld trees that somehow didn't affect me, although the twigs and little branches weren't quite as good. But still, nature is lovely (in this part of the world). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

A trip to the garden centre today . I felt normal for a hour and really enjoyed just pottering about

• Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭blade1

My new Lidl hedge trimmer done a good job around the garden!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

blade1 wrote: »
    My new Lidl hedge trimmer done a good job around the garden!

For €41.98 I should hope so!!

Have to admit...I'm really, really enjoying The Last Dance

I got in from walking just before weather turned dramatically.

Found earphones in local shop. €10. I was able to cancel the online order for a pair that cost €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I went to the local hardware shop yesterday. After being away so long it looked like Aladdin's cave to me. Second TH, I have a box of old family photos and letters. I had an email from my cousin in Canada who is compiling the family tree. Busy scanning my stuff and sharing with her. Up to now no-one else was interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I can’t stop watching this. Pure distilled joy. :D

https://twitter.com/beautybind/status/1263466945485123584?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I forgot my shopping list today but surprisingly enough I remembered everything that was on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I forgot my shopping list today but surprisingly enough I remembered everything that was on it.

Wine and pizza isn't that hard to remember :P

• Advertisement

Rubberlegs wrote: »

I always find that once I've actually written it down I remember what's on it even if I actually forget to bring the list.

Not long back from Tesco and Aldi, walked straight into both, no queues,might start shopping on Saturday evening in future. Also picked up a bottle of Italian red in Aldi and its gorgeous.

Advertisement