Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent TSB

• 13-10-2019 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4
    MrSebastian2you

I dont know why but I feel so unlucky using Permanent TSB, there is no Apple Pay, no Android Pay, their app is useless (you can pay a payee once you added on a computer, you cant add them on the app)
    I contacted the bank a number of times and every single time i got an answer like bla bla bla
    Is that a crime that you want a better banking?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I've asked them several times about Google pay via Twitter and i get the same rabble rabble everytime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

I dont know why but I feel so unlucky using Permanent TSB, there is no Apple Pay, no Android Pay, their app is useless (you can pay a payee once you added on a computer, you cant add them on the app)
    I contacted the bank a number of times and every single time i got an answer like bla bla bla
    Is that a crime that you want a better banking?

I feel your pain. Combine all that with randomly logging you out of the app just as you're trying to transfer money, as a "security" feature. Happened to me 3 times in a row one day. FFS.

I now bank 100% with N26 who are so much better it's criminal. Check out them or one of the other challenger banks like Revolut. You won't believe the difference. Free banking too.

I still keep my PTSB open just to hold savings and for the odd time I need to lodge cash or a cheque. I would ditch Irish banks completely if I could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Truckermal wrote: »
    I've asked them several times about Google pay via Twitter and i get the same rabble rabble everytime.

I'm told by someone who works in PTSB that Google Pay is currently being worked on.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Get a Revolut. I'm with TSB as I've free banking so can't complain really, but wanted the convenience of Google Pay in case I forgot my wallet or whatever and wanted to buy lunch/coffee etc. Revolut works with Google Pay grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Delta2113

PTSB is still my Irish Current Account but I've also got Revolut,bunq travel card,Monese,Transferwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Get a Revolut. I'm with TSB as I've free banking so can't complain really, but wanted the convenience of Google Pay in case I forgot my wallet or whatever and wanted to buy lunch/coffee etc. Revolut works with Google Pay grand.

I do the same for Apple Pay.

Never really had an issue with the app either. Does what I need it to. I don’t need to add payees very often so just do it on the laptop when I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lucazito1983

in addition to that you can add poor security on the account.. sma message comes from genuine open24 number that PTSB used to use and allowed someone to withdraw 1500 from our account to somewhere in Europe without anyone spotting it. Anything that goes to unusual Payee or different country then usual with KBC was always spotted by them. Also PTSB used to do that. These days they leave u and tell over the phone “sorry we don’t know if you will get your money back and what are time frames for investigation” Telephone advisor was not polite at all, empathy level 0... I did not scream or anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Their website is down now.

Back for me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

in addition to that you can add poor security on the account.. sma message comes from genuine open24 number that PTSB used to use and allowed someone to withdraw 1500 from our account to somewhere in Europe without anyone spotting it. Anything that goes to unusual Payee or different country then usual with KBC was always spotted by them. Also PTSB used to do that. These days they leave u and tell over the phone “sorry we don’t know if you will get your money back and what are time frames for investigation” Telephone advisor was not polite at all, empathy level 0... I did not scream or anything...

Can you post a reference for that or at least the number used?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,808 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Just read in this mornings Indo that PTSB are to offer. 10c reward on all contactless payments and not just the first 50 on the Explore account.
    An encouragement to go cashless during the current emergency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Just read in this mornings Indo that PTSB are to offer. 10c reward on all contactless payments and not just the first 50 on the Explore account.
    An encouragement to go cashless during the current emergency.

Meanwhile AIB are screwing customers with "Maintenance fees"..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,608 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

The sooner you move to Revolut, n26 even KBC the sooner the mainstream banks will change their approach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,808 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

The sooner you move to Revolut, n26 even KBC the sooner the mainstream banks will change their approach.

I'm with Revolut and Curve also. Reckon I've also bases covered for now, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Do employers pay wages into banks such as Revolut/N26? Someone told me as N26 is Germany-based this isn't possible, but not sure if that's true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭jrmb

Do employers pay wages into banks such as Revolut/N26? Someone told me as N26 is Germany-based this isn't possible, but not sure if that's true.

They shouldn't differentiate between accounts from within the SEPA area.

Your employer is supposed to pay your salary into N26 if you ask, or a Spanish person should be able to pay Electric Ireland by direct debit from a Spanish account if that's their preference. In practice, companies won't acknowledge this.
    Under the SEPA Regulation, it is illegal for PSPs to discriminate between domestic International Bank Account Numbers (IBANs) and IBANs in any other EU Member State, when making payments.

https://www.centralbank.ie/financial-system/payments-and-securities-settlements/irish-retail-payments-forum/iban-discrimination

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Porthallian

jrmb wrote: »
    They shouldn't differentiate between accounts from within the SEPA area.

Your employer is supposed to pay your salary into N26 if you ask, or a Spanish person should be able to pay Electric Ireland by direct debit from a Spanish account if that's their preference. In practice, companies won't acknowledge this.

https://www.centralbank.ie/financial-system/payments-and-securities-settlements/irish-retail-payments-forum/iban-discrimination

Excellent, thank you very much!

I used to swear by PTSB, but I'm very close to closing my account and getting by with N26 and the credit union. I'm not getting anything in return for my €6 per month.

jrmb wrote: »
    I used to swear by PTSB, but I'm very close to closing my account and getting by with N26 and the credit union. I'm not getting anything in return for my €6 per month.

EBS Money Manager as your Irish Bank and then N26 and/or Revolut,Monese etc. is a better option in my opinion than a credit union current a/c with them.

Delta2113 wrote: »
    EBS Money Manager as your Irish Bank and then N26 and/or Revolut,Monese etc. is a better option in my opinion than a credit union current a/c with them.
    Thanks, that's something to look into. I was thinking of the CU as a place to keep my savings, and N26 as the current account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭Gru

Google pay is now available with your PTSB cards! it took them long enough but yay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,612 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

This heap of crap app is off line again ffs!!

Advertisement