Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Even if Salah is out tomorrow it’s Mane who Utd should be fearing most. He’s been in phenomenal form so far.

Agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

He will be a lot easier for them to handle if salah isnt there though

They couldn’t handle Ayew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭.G.

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Even if Salah is out tomorrow it’s Mane who Utd should be fearing most. He’s been in phenomenal form so far.

Yep, if i had to choose which one misses out it'd be Mo right now which is mad cos he's up there with the best in the world, but so is Sadio and he's in better form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

.G. wrote: »
    Yep, if i had to choose which one misses out it'd be Mo right now which is mad cos he's up there with the best in the world, but so is Sadio and he's in better form.

Yep and I'd say that between the front 3.

The main problem regardless is the drop off to the next player. Origi presumably though Shaqiri might be considered. I just think away from home we'll get more from Divock

Elliot would be a nice wildcard choice. Throw him in like Trent a few years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

PP has Rhian Brewster at 2/1 to score at anytime tomorrow. Rashford is 3/1 in comparison. Ouch...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Whats even more mad is that Rashford's weekly wage more that anyone in our squad.

Martial is also paid more than any player in the Liverpool squad.

What is our record win at Old Trafford ?

What is there record defeat, to any team, at Old Trafford ?

I expect both the above to be broken tomorrow.

They haven’t a prayer.

They won’t lay a glove on us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Didn't City spank them by 5 or 6 at old trafford a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Seeing it go the same way it did when City played them at Old Trafford last seadon; spirited, but ultimately they're going to be overwhelmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

They haven’t a prayer.

City beat them 6-1 and no we won't get anywhere near that, probably won't even win, I'd certainly be siding with us being poor and drawing or losing rather than going out and flogging them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

They haven’t a prayer.

When they win 0-0, expect to see this post quoted everywhere!

City beat them 6-1 and no we won't get anywhere near that, probably won't even win, I'd certainly be siding with us being poor and drawing or losing rather than going out and flogging them

Yeah, Utd are reasonably defensively sound this season. Wan Bissaka and DDG will be back for them which is a boost. Can't see a lot of goals in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

More of a reader than a poster here. I still dont know what to expect today. This is there cup final as such. Probably the only match that means anything. Beat them sure there ****e draw poor result. If for some mad twist they beat us it will be the "oh were the poorest we have been in 20-30years and they are the best they have ever been and still cant beat us.

I looked at there thread this morning first time ever. They are in meltdown relegation talk. Would it be better to be relegated and get new owners? They have cracked lads. How the mighty have fallen.

Mon the pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

United will be up for this, expect a way higher work rate and more tenacity from them.

Hopefully our quality shows on the day as that should be the difference if we are serious about winning the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The game will be close I'd expect either 1 1 or 1 0 to either team. Of course we are a much better team but they arent as bad as being made out and will raise their game today. Wan Bissaka and Martial will make them a bit stronger.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

That's the spirit..

jbt123 wrote: »
    That's the spirit..

Well, it's within the spirit of their username for sure.

That's the spirit..

Why quote me?

I'm sure you could find 50 other posts with similar thoughts on the game, majority of people believe it will be close only a few are getting cocky and saying we will hammer them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

United for as bad as they have been, have only conceded 8 goals in 8 games. There won't be a hammering today I don't think.

0-0 at half time with the mentality monsters to overpower the buses in the second half and see it out is my prediction.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Why quote me?

I'm sure you could find 50 other posts with similar thoughts on the game, majority of people believe it will be close only a few are getting cocky and saying we will hammer them.

I quoted you because imo, your post is probably the most negative regarding the outcome.

Now I don't post here often, but I do read on a somewhat regular basis. You strike me as the sort of Liverpool fan that doesn't really take much joy in the fortunes of this great team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Have a feeling there’ll be red card today- putting money on McTominay in the 57th min!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I quoted you because imo, your post is probably the most negative regarding the outcome.

Now I don't post here often, but I do read on a somewhat regular basis. You strike me as the sort of Liverpool fan that doesn't really take much joy in the fortunes of this great team.

Ah, experience tells you we generally play **** at OT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

sideswipe wrote: »
    Have a feeling there’ll be red card today- putting money on McTominay in the 57th min!

That could happen.

He'll go out to injure someone. He isn't very talented to will play up to the fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MD1990 wrote: »
    That could happen.

He'll go out to injure someone. He isn't very talented to will play up to the fans.

Read a stat the other day that he's the joint top United scorer since March last year with 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

sideswipe wrote: »

Just once he doesn't take a player out with him

Yeah he seems to be a poor man’s Herrera. Always leaving a foot in on players, while rolling around on the ground at the slightest contact, and not great at the actual football part of football.

Bollocks post , that's the only reply it merits tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Garner, McTominay, Pereira, Fred, Mata, Chong, Gomes, James

That is who is available in midfield today. It's going to be a massacre to you guys. 4 or 5 nil

Getting the excuses in early. Throwing the towel in before it even starts. Very small time tbh.

If only football was so predictable.

• Advertisement

Cup Final for Utd. They'll be up for this even if some of their fans have given up.

6 wrote: »
    Cup Final for Utd. They'll be up for this even if some of their fans have given up.

Yep, add in their need to get away from the relegation zone, and that breaking the streak would be like a trophy win for them , and I’d have them as favourites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Wasn't much better last year and they came out with a point and a clean sheet.

That was down to your cautious game plan. We are 4/1 for a reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Anyone for a match thread, for old time sakes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Anyone for a match thread, for old time sakes

Just not a big enough a game these days I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

Just not a big enough a game these days I'm afraid.

Gone are the days of 2 page form guides for an opening post ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Very interesting stat

If you rearrange letters in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    it says
    ''Rang A Unless Joker '' Maybe they regret making that call now.

If you rearrange again it reads

''A Unreal Jerk Slogs On''

I guess he does slog on. He's no jerk though, just out of his depth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭.G.

Quite a few United "supporters" I know aren't even going to watch this today. Fair weather fans indeed. Surprised at my brother though, he began supporting them in the 70s and went through that decade and the 80s when they were ****e too yet its now he's thrown in the towel.

Got to laugh at their insistence they "get back to where they belong". Only time in their history they won with unrelenting regularity is the Ferguson era so arguably they already are back where they belong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Very interesting stat

If you rearrange letters in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    it says
    ''Rang A Unless Joker '' Maybe they regret making that call now.

If you rearrange again it reads

''A Unreal Jerk Slogs On''

I guess he does slog on. He's no jerk though, just out of his depth.

you're unreal

in other news PP are giving a free bet on the match in the event Liverpool win. €10 on a Utd win and it's win win, unless of course it's a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

gimli2112 wrote: »
    you're unreal

in other news PP are giving a free bet on the match in the event Liverpool win. €10 on a Utd win and it's win win, unless of course it's a draw.

Just back united Double Chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭facehugger99

gimli2112 wrote: »
    you're unreal

So a loss would be a win.

A win would be a draw.

And a draw would be a loss

Nope, too confusing for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

It's like trying to get top secret files on North Korea trying to get team news.
    Can't get anything on either squad!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    It's like trying to get top secret files on North Korea trying to get team news.
    Can't get anything on either squad!!

Aldridge in for Salah
    Still win 0-5

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Aldridge in for Salah
    Still win 0-5

giphy.gif

Great movement to be fair, you can't coach skill like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

.G. wrote: »
    Quite a few United "supporters" I know aren't even going to watch this today. Fair weather fans indeed. Surprised at my brother though, he began supporting them in the 70s and went through that decade and the 80s when they were ****e too yet its now he's thrown in the towel.

Got to laugh at their insistence they "get back to where they belong". Only time in their history they won with unrelenting regularity is the Ferguson era so arguably they already are back where they belong!

They will all fckin watch it, every one of them, there just saying they ain't so they can say 'didnt see it man' if being slagged after a loss.

If they win you can be sure they will have watched it.

I'm usually content with a point at Old Trafford but not today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'm usually content with a point at Old Trafford but not today.

Yep, the team need to move beyond the occasion and play what’s in front of them.

To use a saying their fans used to love...the table doesn’t lie. Would we be happy with a point away against Villa, Everton, Sheffield United, Brighton?

Would we f*ck.

Aldridge in for Salah
    Still win 0-5

giphy.gif

Is that a video of Mane in the box vs Leicester?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,341 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Any kind of a win will do.
    But I'm expecting a lot more.
    The tables have really turned and I hope today we stick it to them big style.
    No mercy :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement