Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

I thought a couple of weeks ago that Alisson would probably get the Utd game, Adrian will play against Genk, Alisson will return against Spurs, then Adrian back in for the LC tie with Arsenal.

Not that it matters who plays against Utd - unlikely to be any shots on target.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1183713703574851584?s=19

I know it's Danny Mills an all but still funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I hate combined XIs but that is pretty funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

You can't really argue with any of that selection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I hate Danny Mills but I love him as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

So much pre-match hubris! There's been a few times we've went to Old Trafford over the last couple of years and not put in the performance that we're capable of. The nil-all draw last season, Rashford's brace the season before that, the "Red Monday" 1-1 before that.. Poor games where we didn't play to our best at all.

It'd be hard for anyone to disagree with the combined XI thing, we're the European champions - theres only 1 other team in the PL where their players would get in our XI and even then it'd be up for debate (de Bruyne, Laporte?). Anyways, I'll take any win we can get. If its an OG from a ball going in off Harry Maguire's arse then I'll be happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Umaro wrote: »
    If its an OG from a ball going in off Harry Maguire's arse then I'll be happy enough.

If I could chose an ideal scenario, I think I would prefer this sort of win over any 4-0 hammering. Just for the craic out of it! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Did any of ye get tickets for this.
    https://twitter.com/JohnBishop100/status/1183658788747919362?s=19

Great lineup and good cause but feck I wasn't expecting it to sell out so quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

FitzShane wrote: »
    If I could chose an ideal scenario, I think I would prefer this sort of win over any 4-0 hammering. Just for the craic out of it! :pac:

If it's craic you're after, what we need is Salah to dive on the edge of the box to get a free kick. Ball floated in to Van Dijk, who should have been sent off early in the game for a blatant handball that was missed by the ref and the VAR. He heads it towards the goal. Ball is sailing over but - wait! - David de Gea pulls a Pickford, knocks the ball back into the box where it hits Maguire and bounces in.

Now THAT would be the ultimate banter goal.

For me, I'd like a solid 2-0. Goal early on to settle the nerves, second goal in the second half and a solid performance where it isn't really in doubt at any stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Personally i would like a repeat of Arsenal 2013 , 4 nil up after 20 mins, relax for the last 70, watch videos of Goldbridges exploding on youtube after and BT /Sky make an advert out of it to Native American music after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I want the team go out all guns blazing and humiliate the sh1t out that Man U team and go for blood.

Nothing less than 5 goals would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Did any of ye get tickets for this.
    https://twitter.com/JohnBishop100/status/1183658788747919362?s=19

Great lineup and good cause but feck I wasn't expecting it to sell out so quickly.

Jason Byrne sullies the lineup. I’m not a fan of him at all. I suppose it’s a question of taste though, I think the rest are quite good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    Jason Byrne sullies the lineup. I’m not a fan of him at all. I suppose it’s a question of taste though, I think the rest are quite good.

He will be far down the pecking order and just there to warm people up before the big hitters.
    He is actually very decent with crowd work , its his material that is not funny and i doubt we see any of that .

Tiernan, O Kane and Byrne. I'd rather claw my eyes out.

I see a draw for us this weekend but I also see City dropping points.

• Advertisement

Charlie19 wrote: »

That was unreal that it sold out in 15 minutes. Was going to go myself but had thought you'd still get tickets in a few weeks time. The Point has a capacity of about 13,000 so thats really good going. Hopefully they might put on a second night to raise even more money for Seans treatment (which is going to be very expensive)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

rob316 wrote: »
    You can't really argue with any of that selection.

Adrian over Alisson seeing as he hasn't played but other than that you couldn't argue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Adrian over Alisson seeing as he hasn't played but other than that you couldn't argue.

But, but, but Martial is better than Mané and Rashford has a higher ceiling than the Egyptian king.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

.red. wrote: »
    But, but, but Martial is better than Mané and Rashford has a higher ceiling than the Egyptian king.

United have some good players but they don't play as a team.

I'd have TAA over AWB because he's better going forward. I'd have Matip over Maguire and all our midfielders over the Man U version of Pogba. Alisson is better than De Gea but he'll be rusty coming back this weekend so I'm expecting a blunder and a bit of indecision.

The rest of their team isn't worth discussing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Martin Atkinson is the ref for the weekend. Never gives us anything at Anfield so I'll expect even less at Old Trafford.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I want the team go out all guns blazing and humiliate the sh1t out that Man U team and go for blood.

Nothing less than 5 goals would be great.

Me too. Go 5-0 up and take Matip off and bring Origi in. Bang in 8 or 9.

Will we ever get a better chance of trouncing them??

More realistically, a boring 1-0 victory would also be fine however.

3 points and no injuries please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Even with this shìteration of United I'm nervous. Shouldn't be the case, i know, but any win would fill me with happiness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Lads can we rein in all this fabulous optimism, yer all making me real nervous?
    Wolves have been poor this year and they beat City at the Eihiad. WOLVES. City. The ETIAD!!!!
    Utd have decent players it's not incomprehensible they could get a result or heaven forbid a
    win

I suppose Ole could have his second PSG moment against us and Rio will be shouting about Ole being at the wheel again.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    That was unreal that it sold out in 15 minutes. Was going to go myself but had thought you'd still get tickets in a few weeks time. The Point has a capacity of about 13,000 so thats really good going. Hopefully they might put on a second night to raise even more money for Seans treatment (which is going to be very expensive)

I went online around 10 and I thought the site was down, tried again at 11 and then the penny dropped:).

Yeah so a Savage turnout and hopefully another night is made available but that might be difficult with such a large lineup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Will we ever get a better chance of trouncing them?

Depends how much longer we're in the same league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I suppose Ole could have his second PSG moment against us and Rio will be shouting about Ole being at the wheel again.

GktE.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

If it's craic you're after, what we need is Salah to dive on the edge of the box to get a free kick. Ball floated in to Van Dijk, who should have been sent off early in the game for a blatant handball that was missed by the ref and the VAR. He heads it towards the goal. Ball is sailing over but - wait! - David de Gea pulls a Pickford, knocks the ball back into the box where it hits Maguire and bounces in.

Now THAT would be the ultimate banter goal.

For me, I'd like a solid 2-0. Goal early on to settle the nerves, second goal in the second half and a solid performance where it isn't really in doubt at any stage.

Your ideas intrigue me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Advertisement

Henderson starting for England, TAA & Gomez on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Henderson starting for England, TAA & Gomez on the bench.

I'm delighted TAA is getting a rest but I can't understand playing Trippier ahead of him in both games. Seems like madness...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Henderson booked in ENG game after 3 mins so will miss their next game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Early yellow for Hendo, hes out of their next match, no harm at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,633 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I'm delighted TAA is getting a rest but I can't understand playing Trippier ahead of him in both games. Seems like madness...

Look Fvck Engerland as far as I'm concerned. On Friday, Gareth had a back 4 of Keane, Trippier, and Rose, with Maguire. There were better players on the bench (TAA, Chilwell, Gomez, even Mings) players playing well with their clubs.
    I've only a passing interest, but Liverpool players used to Klopp aren't being served by this rookie in charge

To be fair to Trippier, he’s not doing too bad at Atletico. TAA is better and he’ll be chosen when it matters. These qualifiers are glorified friendlies for England at this stage and the less game time Liverpool players get, the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The fewer Liverpool players playing for England the easier it is to dislike their national team and the more rest our players get, it's win win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Just saw Rashford's goal against Bulgaria. Cracking effort. Will be United's Goal of the Month for October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Just saw Rashford's goal against Bulgaria. Cracking effort. Will be United's Goal of the Month for October.

If he tried that against a Premier League keeper that isn’t Jordan Pickford, it’d be very easily tipped over the bar. Terrible goalkeeping.

• Advertisement

Bulgaria not what they once were.

If they play the full 90, England should hit them for 7 or 8

What were they ever? They were great in the 94 World Cup and that’s it.

The fewer Liverpool players playing for England the easier it is to dislike their national team and the more rest our players get, it's win win.

I've never had a problem disliking them:)

Henderson played the full game in the end for England, 6-0. Break is pretty much over as far as Liverpool are concerned - no injuries incurred, some of the lads had a good run out. Bobby scored, Gini bagged a brace which was nice and Lovren got two games under his belt. If Matip isn't ok for Sunday then at least Lovren has had some minutes on the pitch over the break and would be the best replacement.

It's a pity Origi didn't get some minutes is probably my only disappointment over the break. Can see him being called off the bench towards the end of the game on Sunday, just be nice if he had a bit of a run out but on the other hand he's completely fresh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Not sure Henderson will start vs Man Utd.

Milner was very good against Leicester & will be fresh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I presume matip will start against utd

Bobby scored, Gini bagged a brace which was nice .

Didnt Gini score two on the last international break too? Anyone know what position he plays for the Dutch, is he further up the pitch or coming into the box from deep? He seems pretty lethal at taking his chances, same as he did with the 2 he had v.Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Didnt Gini score two on the last international break too? Anyone know what position he plays for the Dutch, is he further up the pitch or coming into the box from deep? He seems pretty lethal at taking his chances, same as he did with the 2 he had v.Barca.

I'd say he has more freedom with the Dutch alright, he's pretty restricted with us tbf but even when he has found himself having a shot with us lately his shooting has been poor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

MD1990 wrote: »
    Not sure Henderson will start vs Man Utd.

Milner was very good against Leicester & will be fresh.

I'd be surprised if he's not playing to be honest. Apart from being the captain, and its against our biggest rivals, he has started Henderson in nearly every game. Its 6 days between the games so he should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

If everyone is fit, we'll go with:

Alisson
    TAA - Matip - Van Dijk - Robertson
    Henderson - Fabinho - Wijnaldum
    Salah - Firmino - Mane

It's very much established as the first XI so far this season and, bar Alisson due to his injury, has been the default team outside of particularly busy weeks.

I'd expect that against Man United and then a few changes against Genk as it's a short turnaround there - maybe start Origi, Keita, Lovren, Milner during the week.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement