Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Hopefully Alisson can get straight back up to speed if he plays, not an ideal match to come back for imo, no brainfarts please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

It's still a world record though. Nobody else in the world achieved better - English is just the classification.

That is a terrible caveat.

If you hold the Irish record in something, such as 100m sprint, you don't say you have the world record. You have the Irish record.

I'm happy for the lad, but its not a world record unless no other defender in any league has achieved more than 12 assists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

José Enrique combined 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Hopefully Alisson can get straight back up to speed if he plays, not an ideal match to come back for imo, no brainfarts please.

Why don’t you like Alisson? Actually, Brazilians that play for Liverpool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Think he'll be ok not like he isnt the best keeper in Europe or anything.

Good forbid he does mis-place a pass though you'll hold it against him for years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Why don’t you like Alisson? Actually, Brazilians that play for Liverpool?

All about Coulson not liking Sturridge, and highlighting how good Alisson and the main man are....or maybe just a typo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

In all the media reports I see all our players are fit and Utd are struggling to put eleven on the field. Of course the reality will probably be topsy - turvy. The more things change the more they stay the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I see a lot of journo's are releasing the story behind Fekir not joining last summer over the last week or so are going with this as the main headline is...

Klopp 'We can't have that personality in our squad'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

We know the story don't we? His brother turning into a "super-agent" in his own head when he saw the money to be skimmed off the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Form goes out window, it's like a FA Cup tie, where a league two side can upset the odds through wanting it more, and not giving a inch. We should know that fight and desire is 80% of what makes a team.
    If they actually try, they'll give us a game.

• Advertisement

It won’t be handy as they’ll raise their game for their cup final but there’s too much being made of the game last season. Yeah they had injuries but we were poor and effectively playing with ten men once Firmino got injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

No Bobby no Party.

United are going to have to have a plan for him on Sunday. Maguire is not exactly the most mobile of defenders, so Bobby will be critical for creating that space for Sadio & Salah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

FitzShane wrote: »
    No Bobby no Party.

United are going to have to have a plan for him on Sunday. Maguire is not exactly the most mobile of defenders, so Bobby will be critical for creating that space for Sadio & Salah.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a player deployed purely to sit on Firmino to disrupt his play. It's the type of job Herrera would do in the past - not sure who is taking on that type of role now but it would make sense.

Still have the prospect of Mane, Salah, TAA and Robbo creating and moving but Firmino has been crucial in breaking down packed defences this season so if they went with that sort of a set up, just set someone like Fred loose to step on Bobby's toes for the game.

Ye Bobby going off and Sturridge coming on and then walking around the pitch showing no interest in the game affected Liverpool as much as the Man U injuries in the last game.

so much bitching! Put the claws away girls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,443 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The sooner the better that list of things were allowed to talk about is finalised and posted up. I'm never sure if a topic is allowed or not anymore :(

TitianGerm wrote: »
    The sooner the better that list of things were allowed to talk about is finalised and posted up. I'm never sure if a topic is allowed or not anymore :(

I made an innocuous comment about Alisson and 3 or 4 lads are lining up to have a moan, that's what I'm talking about now, you need to get the chip off your shoulder regards that list, being butthurt is not good for you, let it go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,443 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I made an innocuous comment about Alisson and 3 or 4 lads are lining up to have a moan, that's what I'm talking about now, you need to get the chip off your shoulder regards that list, being butthurt is not good for you, let it go.

I don't have a chip on my shoulder and not butthurt either.

Maybe you could just stop acting like the thread referee and telling everyone what they should and shouldn't talk about.

Either that or go for the next mod position that pops up and then you can hand out the cards like a real ref.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I don't have a chip on my shoulder and not butthurt either.

Maybe you could just stop acting like the thread referee and telling everyone what they should and shouldn't talk about.

Either that or go for the next mod position that pops up and then you can hand out the cards like a real ref.

You do, you keep referencing a post I made to you months ago, I have no clue what the post was about but you keep going on about it, to reiterate my point I made a fair comment about Allison that was jumped on by the thread mafia and yet you're AGAIN talking about a list of stuff to post about, nothing whatsoever relevant to what I was posting about.

If anything saying I hope Allison doesn't make a blunder should be added to a list you apparently can't talk about in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,519 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

What's the going rate for a personal thanker these days actually? My numbers are way down for Q3, I could use the boost.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    What's the going rate for a personal thanker these days actually? My numbers are way down for Q3, I could use the boost.

Your pride and self esteem. A price some are willing to pay. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

I have a lot of pride from standing up to trolls and cliques that like to bully new people or anyone with a dissenting view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Knex. wrote: »
    World record for an English competition. For **** sake :pac:

Yeah agreed, Guinness are just diluting the whole world record thing these days so they can sell more books. Hand the records out in the lead up to Christmas = sell more books to kids

Now if there was a world record award for the smartest corner ever taken then Trent would get that and it'd be a genuine record, at least I've never seen a corner as clever as that. The nonchalant walk away, the lightening quick turnaround to fizz ball into the box and Orrrrriggggiiiii!!! all while the Barca defense are still fixing their hair.

I have a lot of pride from standing up to trolls and cliques that like to bully new people or anyone with a dissenting view.

Well done you are very brave. Your family must be so proud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Top Of The League

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

They could field 11 Ashley Youngs and Liverpool would still find a way not to win.

It will be strange hearing Man U fans at Old Trafford singing Sit Back Sit Back Sit Back instead of Attack Attack Attack next Sunday.

How times have changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

They could field 11 Ashley Youngs and Liverpool would still find a way not to win.

The cockiness this week is frustrating. We almost never play well against United, regardless of form or team strength. It would be a real statement to go there and beat them well, but I never feel confident before a game at Old Trafford.

• Advertisement

What was the last good win? The Old trafford penalty massacre?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭.G.

Yep, Penaltypool, before that it was the 4-1 under Rafa. Slim pickings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Loved that 4-1 at Old Trafford, Fernando was on absolute fire that day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Muahahaha wrote: »

I used to love the way Vidic would fall apart when up against Torres. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭ebbsy

0-5

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

ebbsy wrote: »
    0-5

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think it'll be anywhere close to that. Another 0-0 draw wouldn't surprise me. These games get insanely hyped and more often than not they're rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

This fixture last season was easily the worst Liverpool match of the year for me so not getting any hopes up for a decent match or result.

But you were the same with Bobby, why don’t you like the two Brazilians? It’s bizarre, as they’re vital components of the Liverpool system?

You tell ‘em TGOB!

Owl. wrote: »
    I hope I'm wrong but I don't think it'll be anywhere close to that. Another 0-0 draw wouldn't surprise me. These games get insanely hyped and more often than not they're rubbish.

Hate playing Utd, won’t be able to ****e for a week after the stress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Klopp has never won at OT with Liverpool i think? Its going to be a tough game even though they are a shambles, their players turn up for the big games, crowd will be up for it too. We dont seem to be our best after international breaks either in general. A point wont be a complete disaster but a win would be another big statement.

• Advertisement

Hopefully we get the win but would definitely have man u as favourites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

We'll be favourites but it won't be easy.

We've won't here 3/4 times in around 20 seasons by my count.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    But you were the same with Bobby, why don’t you like the two Brazilians? It’s bizarre, as they’re vital components of the Liverpool system?

Newsflash!! I do like both of them. Not sure there was ever a Liverpool player who I outright disliked and talked sh1t about constantly, more than can be said by other posters. Hell you even have Gerrard and Carra constantly besmirched by a few in here, 2 Liverpool legends., that's what's actually bizarre tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Newsflash!! I do like both of them. Not sure there was ever a Liverpool player who I outright disliked and talked sh1t about constantly, more than can be said by other posters. Hell you even have Gerrard and Carra constantly besmirched by a few in here, 2 Liverpool legends., that's what's actually bizarre tbh.

Don't think this poster ever said he disliked Firmino but I often see it brought up. I think he posted something sarcastically and it's followed him around since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭Speak Now

noodler wrote: »
    We'll be favourites but it won't be easy.

We've won't here 3/4 times in around 20 seasons by my count.

It's 5 I think, 3 one nils thanks to Danny Murphy and the 2 wins by 3 goals.
    Poor return there in last 10 years, should have won a few years back but they equalised with an offside goal. The game where Pogba hand balled for a penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Muahahaha wrote: »

One of the best games I can remember. Torres mugged vidic, Gerrard scoring a pen, Aurelio with an absolute peach of a free kick, dossena lobbing the ball over van de sar and to top it off vidic got sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Speak Now wrote: »
    It's 5 I think, 3 one nils thanks to Danny Murphy and the 2 wins by 3 goals.
    Poor return there in last 10 years.

There was the Danny Murphy free in the yellow jersies in 2001 (treble season)....the 85th minute lob in 2003 (I think) and what was the third Danny Murphy winner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭Speak Now

noodler wrote: »
    There was the Danny Murphy free in the yellow jersies in 2001 (treble season)....the 85th minute lob in 2003 (I think) and what was the third Danny Murphy winner?

Penalty in 2004 I think. 3 seasons out of 4.

Edit- how vital was that? Got us the last champions league spot and we know what happened the following season!

They’re the new Crystal Palace.

Murphy scored 3 winners in 0 -1 wins against Man U all at Old Trafford.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement