Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Liverpool's head analytical boffin Ian Graham on the freakonomics podcast here from about 40 mins

http://freakonomics.com/podcast/london-live/ or download it here https://rss.art19.com/episodes/d2c90144-d85c-45e0-9e62-c6aac364678f.mp3 (but site down as I type this)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

https://twitter.com/iOmj44/status/1184472766998831107?s=09

Can't help but beam and giggle like a kid listening and watching this still.. such passion from the commentary ,albeit in Arabic,you can make out the best parts..

Especially when he tells Barca ... Listen Suarez,listen mess,listen pique... This is fcuking Liverpool ...

Or words to those effect :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

FitzShane wrote: »
    I always thought that the Stephens Day fixtures were meant to be local, to avoid these type scenarios for fans having to travel 3 hours to a game and home again. The lack of Wigan, Bolton & Stoke have made this tougher and to be fair the club are putting on free coaches to and from the game. £5 deposit, which will go to food banks also. They really should just make Stephens day Derby day and have fans stay in their home town or city at least.

Wolves are at home to City on Friday and then away to Liverpool on Sunday less than 48 hours later which is nice for us. Hopefully they go all out for the home game.

I would guess that the TV companies have fought against this as most of those games would be the big ticket fixtures that they want - Everton v Liverpool, United v City, Arsenal v Spurs, etc all draw in huge viewership regardless of when they are on.

As does the Stephens Day round of games (I presume) so why "waste" a prestige fixture on those days?

It would be great for matchgoing fans but when was the last time they were factored into any decision re: scheduling?

It would be great to see Stephen's Day and New Year's Day as derby days/closest clubs. Doesn't necessarily work for everyone - Newcastle and Norwich are isolated enough, and if you put Wolves v Villa (for e.g.), it leaves Leicester out. Same for Burnley if you go with Manchester and Merseyside derbies. My list below has no home for Watford, Norwich, Sheffield Utd, as well as Burnley, Leicester and Newcastle.

Arsenal v Spurs
    Aston Villa v Wolves
    Bournemouth v Southampton
    Brighton v Crystal Palace
    Burnley v ?
    Chelsea v West Ham
    Everton v Liverpool
    Leicester v ?
    Man City v Man United
    Newcastle v ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

9 years ago after 8 games just as FSG took over. ( Taken from that great site(™) )

JafGSXc.png

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

**** me, that's grim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

9 years ago after 8 games just as FSG took over. ( Taken from that great site(™) )

Wow....its like I blocked it completely from my mind, we are worlds away from those days thankfully...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

NukaCola wrote: »
    Wow....its like I blocked it completely from my mind, we are worlds away from those days thankfully...

Roy Hodgson September 10th, 2010
    I think tables are of no interest until at least 10 games have been played.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

No one forced to go to the game. The privileged like Osmosis Jones will always find something to be unhappy about. You can just not go and give the monies to charity.

FAQ’s

Is Grammarly down?
    You can check the status of all Grammarly services on our status page. If you see that there is indeed a service interruption, you can monitor its status on the page or subscribe for updates by pressing the "Subscribe to updates" button.

If you have any additional questions about the incident, please use our contact form and we will help you as soon as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

City aren't happy about their rest periods in between games. Suck it up lads we've all been there.

https://twitter.com/spbajko/status/1184869410655428613

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

frickin ridiculous, thanks over 150 posts in the soccer forum in a couple of weeks without posting on boards once, seriously it makes a joke of the forum,I don't think that you can report a thanks ?

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    Roy Hodgson September 10th, 2010

Roy Hodgson.

Absolute jokeshop stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

.G. wrote: »
    City aren't happy about their rest periods in between games. Suck it up lads we've all been there.

I just counted from Dec 4th to Jan 2nd we have 9 games in 29 days, City have 8 games in that period of time.

ERG89 wrote: »
    I just counted from Dec 4th to Jan 2nd we have 9 games in 29 days, City have 8 games in that period of time.

And they don't have to fly to Qatar for a 5 days and play 2 games there either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Yeah we've a seriously hectic month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

9 years ago after 8 games just as FSG took over.]

Today is also the 10 year anniversary of the poxy beach ball goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Today is also the 10 year anniversary of the poxy beach ball goal.

SSN ran a thing about it this morning really annoyed me then they show'd the luckiest goals ever and 50% of them were ours
    - Collymore's shot hits a divot and scoops over Tim Flowers shoulder. I'm sure McManaman had one of those too.
    - Schmeichal (Villa) hit the ref throwing it out and Litmanen rolled it onto an empty net
    - Origi's winner against Pickford (man am I even going to be able not to laugh when I think of that)

There was nothing lucky about the Origi goal.

Great striker instinct chasing down everything and putting the keeper under pressure while watching the ball all the way hoping for a goalkeeping error.

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

There was nothing lucky about the Origi goal.

Great striker instinct chasing down everything and putting the keeper under pressure while watching the ball all the way hoping expecting a goalkeeping error.

giphy.gif

FYP. Pickford is horrendous at times. His flashy saves for the camera will never make up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

No one forced to go to the game. The privileged like Osmosis Jones will always find something to be unhappy about. You can just not go and give the monies to charity.

If it is about the players, well they get paid enough and should be fine. I suspect they will enjoy it. They are not like children, they can take it.

Yeah it's not like there are hundreds of parents who have bought their kids football tickets for literally the day after Christmas, who now have to deal with this transportation nightmare thanks to the broadcasters valuing the optimal TV time over any sort of consideration for the match-going fans.

• Advertisement

Yeah it's not like there are hundreds of parents who have bought their kids football tickets for literally the day after Christmas, who now have to deal with this transportation nightmare thanks to the broadcasters valuing the optimal TV time over any sort of consideration for the match-going fans.

First world problems is what I would say to that. It's a business, the broadcasters will do what suits them. A little bit of travel is not going to kill anyone.

So is it like a phone in one hand, laptop in the other set up? These thanks are coming in at record time.

So is it like a phone in one hand, laptop in the other set up? These thanks are coming in at record time.

It's not me thanking my posts. You are very paranoid to think that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

gimli2112 wrote: »
    SSN ran a thing about it this morning really annoyed me then they show'd the luckiest goals ever and 50% of them were ours
    - Collymore's shot hits a divot and scoops over Tim Flowers shoulder. I'm sure McManaman had one of those too.
    - Schmeichal (Villa) hit the ref throwing it out and Litmanen rolled it onto an empty net
    - Origi's winner against Pickford (man am I even going to be able not to laugh when I think of that)
    The Collymore goal was due to karma, not luck. Tim Flowers created the divot moments beforehand. Collymore struck a pea roller of a shot - a simple save for any keeper bar Massimo Taibi and possibly David James or Simon Mignolet. The ball struck the Tim Flowers's divot and Collymore looked around shocked when the crowd cheered the goal he had apparently scored. Flowers was its architect and should have been awarded the goal.

McManaman scored a similar goal against Tottenham, Ian Walker dived to block the ball but it bounced up over him.

It's not me thanking my posts. You are very paranoid to think that.

So literally every single one of your posts over the past week or so has been immediately thanked by this account.....except for this post where you claim to have nothing to do with it :p

So literally every single one of your posts over the past week or so has been immediately thanked by this account.....except for this post where you claim to have nothing to do with it tongue.png

It's slightly odd alright. If I were paranoid, I'd say it was you or one of the other lads who don't like my posting doing it, but that seems a bit crazy to be fair.

I am not a fan of the thanks system either FWIW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

FYP. Pickford is horrendous at times. His flashy saves for the camera will never make up for it.

I can see him at Utd, after De Gea leaves in the summer. Pickford seems to fit their buying nowadays.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I can see him at Utd, after De Gea leaves in the summer. Pickford seems to fit their buying nowadays.

Romero would be fine cover for De Gea I would think.

Pickford is a legend after that game.

Ah PPD has ruined the whole thing now he is posting in other threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Ah PPD has ruined the whole thing now he is posting in other threads.

I hope ‘The lads’ returned the favour and thanked it.

• Advertisement

This place is bonkers at times. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Fair play to the club who are arranging free buses for this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Fair play to the club who are arranging free buses for this

But, but, but, it’s only a business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

It's slightly odd alright. If I were paranoid, I'd say it was you or one of the other lads who don't like my posting doing it, but that seems a bit crazy to be fair.

I am not a fan of the thanks system either FWIW.

It's not rocket science, before this guy it was someone else doing it religiously. When their team is doing so bad they have to get the LOLs somewhere.....rent free I believe it's called.
    You need to say something negative about Man U to break the Bot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

[quote="Agent Coulson;111534916"

giphy.gif[/quote]

Still laugh at Origi grabbing the ball to race back to the halfway line looking for a quick restart!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

sideswipe wrote: »
    Still laugh at Origi grabbing the ball to race back to the halfway line looking for a quick restart!

The sight of Michael Keane's soul evaporating from his body as the reality sinks in keeps me warm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

tumblr_pbr5tfSzXN1s2mokto1_1280.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    tumblr_pbr5tfSzXN1s2mokto1_1280.png[img][/img]

Looking forward to the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

sideswipe wrote: »

I think it was more to stop Everton taking a quick restart!

Origi will be a nice sub to have on Sunday if we are failing to break down the buses. He may be awkward, but he is quick, strong and direct. No harm to have someone wanting to just run through defenders rather than around them. He is quite good at winning corners also.

I think Ketia and Ox direct running at defenders along with Origi could be great subs to bring on with 20 minutes to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

You're being naive, the account was set up to troll me and a couple of others, look a bit closer to home. There is a sad case among your buddies, it's blatantly obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

So is Mick, T.Hanks and the Good Old Boys?

It's very confusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Mick and rarnes are one and the same and all of us at the same time. The holy duality, amen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Whoever it is, I wish they'd just p1ss off.

I don't understand all the in's and out's of this place. There sure is a lot of meta posting/thanking going on though. I want to steer clear of it in all honesty.

I don't understand all the in's and out's of this place. There sure is a lot of meta posting/thanking going on though. I want to steer clear of it in all honesty.

Yet your sig on here say abuse you for free thanks how is that steering clear of anything?

Yet your sig on here say abuse you for free thanks how is that steering clear of anything?

I should remove it. It was in response to a post abusing me that garnered a lot of thanks. It's childish and I shall amend it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I couldn't give a T. Hank about these bogus accounts and chose to ignore. If we all took the same approach I think this thread would be a better place.

Seriously lads stop biting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I couldn't give a T. Hank about these bogus accounts and chose to ignore. If we all took the same approach I think this thread would be a better place.

Agreed, it's tiresome reading all the comments on that one particular poster.

Ironically it's far more way more disruptive than any of his posts.

It's just thanks-whoring at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Agreed - and if you absolutely positively feel the need to engage, then at least don't quote the other drivel.

I remember a time when I used to come here to read team news and borderline interesting insights from people who actually watched football and some of them used to even go to matches the odd time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement