Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Fieldog wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/UnofficialPund1/status/1184435319808184320?s=20

Anyone know how to save video's off Twitter?

;)

The majority of talk about this player and that player from Liverpool etc is due to social media. Social media wasn’t a thing when United were in their pomp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

The majority of talk about this player and that player from Liverpool etc is due to social media. Social media wasn’t a thing when United were in their pomp.

True, I just thought it was a bit of craic, still never think we will beat them properly at OT, they love a good spanner in the works, sure even if they do it's not the end of the world...

Cmon Roy! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

gafferino wrote: »
    From Pearce in The Athletic where he is covering the ongoing high court case between LFC and NB:

The full terms of the offer from Nike can also be revealed for the first time. They will pay Liverpool a flat fee of £30 million per season as well as offering royalties of 20 per cent (reduced to 5 per cent for footwear) on all net sales of merchandise. They have also pledged to give the club £2 million worth of licensed products per season plus a 19 per cent discount on standard UK wholesale prices for additional products.

There is also a £4 million bonus for winning the Champions League, £2 million for being Champions League runners-up and £2 million for clinching the Premier League title.

The Athletic understands that under Liverpool’s projections, in terms of ambitious global sales and continued on-field progress, that would bank a windfall of between £60 million and £70 million per year. The current deal with New Balance is worth around £40 million per year.

Is it just me or is £60m a year sounding a bit low? Like it wouldnt even buy you a good midfielder these days. Its probably because Nike dominate the distrubution channels so they have the stronger hand in negotiations. Given the jerseys are made for a couple of euro in Asian sweatshops and then sold for £70+ Nike must be absolutely coining it. We get £60m and they swan off with 80% of the vast profits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Sure we beat Brighton 5-1 with this mess

Screenshot-2019-10-19-at-17-04-44.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Fieldog wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/UnofficialPund1/status/1184435319808184320?s=20

Anyone know how to save video's off Twitter?

;)

Absolute quality seeing where Man U heads are at these days, very much in a melted state :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Social media is shi*te, seriously has a lot to answer for....who ever it is

Breaking trend tomorrow and off to the pub with a united neighbour. He is a good lad, up for Liverpool against Madrid in the 2018 champions league final. Breaks the mold. Hope I don't regret watching from my sofa.
    Too many fools in pubs on both sides.
    Never confident against these...no matter what
    Just want us to go for it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I just can’t take City seriously in that strip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

When does Silva’s ban kick in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Only listening but sounds Palace are barely able to cross the halfway line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Only listening but sounds Palace are barely able to cross the halfway line.

Barely is even being generous Harry.

Soaking up a lot of pressure.

One of those where Palace could be in on goal if they could just string together even 3 decent passes up the field though, City pushing everyone forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭.G.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Is it just me or is £60m a year sounding a bit low? Like it wouldnt even buy you a good midfielder these days. Its probably because Nike dominate the distrubution channels so they have the stronger hand in negotiations. Given the jerseys are made for a couple of euro in Asian sweatshops and then sold for £70+ Nike must be absolutely coining it. We get £60m and they swan off with 80% of the vast profits.

I'm sure they know what they're at but I read that Nike pay PSG £71m a year, I don't know why we're going for a convoluted deal that may or may not end up with us getting somewhere around that. Just make them pay it upfront. They pay Barca £100m a year.

Zaha’s been shocking so far.

Palace need another Zaha so they can have two players to pass it to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

United now only a point off the relegation zone, and two teams below them still to play tomorrow. It's why I think they'll win tomorrow. Not to win would cause a melt down.

.G. wrote: »
    I'm sure they know what they're at but I read that Nike pay PSG £71m a year, I don't know why we're going for a convoluted deal that may or may not end up with us getting somewhere around that. Just make them pay it upfront. They pay Barca £100m a year.

They might be a little wary of where we end up when Klopp leaves in 2022, which I can completely understand from their point of view. We’d get north of £80m a year no problem if it was just a two year deal, but it’ll surely be much longer than that.

I’d love to be playing City this week instead of United, if ever there was a time to get at their defence it’s now.

And they’re up against Jordan Ayew. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,011 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Did Pearse report a few weeks ago that lump sum deal with Nike was going to be lower however the club would also get 20% of all sales as well.

That sounds a better deal to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭.G.

Did Pearse report a few weeks ago that lump sum deal with Nike was going to be lower however the club would also get 20% of all sales as well.

That sounds a better deal to me.

Yes, see this post from earlier.
    gafferino wrote: »
    From Pearce in The Athletic where he is covering the ongoing high court case between LFC and NB:

The full terms of the offer from Nike can also be revealed for the first time. They will pay Liverpool a flat fee of £30 million per season as well as offering royalties of 20 per cent (reduced to 5 per cent for footwear) on all net sales of merchandise. They have also pledged to give the club £2 million worth of licensed products per season plus a 19 per cent discount on standard UK wholesale prices for additional products.

There is also a £4 million bonus for winning the Champions League, £2 million for being Champions League runners-up and £2 million for clinching the Premier League title.

The Athletic understands that under Liverpool’s projections, in terms of ambitious global sales and continued on-field progress, that would bank a windfall of between £60 million and £70 million per year. The current deal with New Balance is worth around £40 million per year.

Ambitious sales targets nets us 60-70. But they're "ambitious" so not guaranteed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Lovely second.

Deffo over now.

de Bruyne just kicked a player in the face and didn't even get booked

Ah leave it out. Not much in that

It’s fine, it wasn’t Mané who did it. No further punishment as usual for every other player who’s done it since.

:pac:

• Advertisement

Do that to a City player and it’s a red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

https://twitter.com/LivEchonews/status/1185601502892572673?s=20

I think someone is cutting onion's in the kitchen...

Disappointing as Palace have been, the ease at which City have won this should at least stop the "Liverpool's to lose" talk that had been showing green shoots in some quarters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

No match thread?

Team Line up will presumably be the tried and tested, assuming all are fit

Alisson

Trent
    Matip
    VVD
    Robbo

Fabinho
    Gini
    Hendo

Salah
    Firmino
    Mane

Don't think you can make an argument for anything else tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

As much as many of us would love to see Keita in that team, I can never see Klopp going with anything but his hardest working midfield. Especially away from home when Keita hasn't played in ages.

• Advertisement

Keita won’t start. Good option off the bench depending on how the game is going. Plenty of games coming up for him to make his mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,423 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Rumours that Salah is a doubt for tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Few rumours that De Gea is included in United squad, but worryingly there is no Salah.

I think both might actually play.

Tbh even without Salah we should be beating them.

If Salah doesn't start who will Mane pass too.

FitzShane wrote: »
    Few rumours that De Gea is included in United squad, but worryingly there is no Salah.

I think both might actually play.

I fully expect De Gea to play. Maybe even Pogba too. Ole is trying a Fergie on it, bull****ting about injuries.

Rumours that Salah is a doubt for tomorrow.

No disrespect to United (okay, maybe a little), but if he’s not 100% for tomorrow’s game I’d rather we rested him and played Shaqiri instead. The match against Genk in midweek is a little more important given that we already dropped points in our group.

I know the league is the priority and we should be putting most of our eggs in that basket, but Napoli will definitely qualify and Salzburg will be very tough to beat away from home so the last thing we need is Thursday night football in the new year, and topping the group would be much better again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Ole's a bluffer, it could be his last game tomorrow.

It happened to Mourinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Salah not seen in training all week, and generally Klopp doesn't start players that haven't been training....hmmm....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭eigrod

martyos121 wrote: »
    No disrespect to United (okay, maybe a little), but if he’s not 100% for tomorrow’s game I’d rather we rested him and played Shaqiri instead. The match against Genk in midweek is a little more important given that we already dropped points in our group.

I know the league is the priority and we should be putting most of our eggs in that basket, but Napoli will definitely qualify and Salzburg will be very tough to beat away from home so the last thing we need is Thursday night football in the new year, and topping the group would be much better again.

It’ll be Origi if Salah is out. Didn’t work out too badly v Barcelona

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Travelling all day, had the Everton game on the radio, could hear the West Ham fans singing sign on lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Every year its the same, '' he's injured'' . Then that person plays, like grow the fcku up.
    Does this somehow make him get one over Klopp that he tells the world '' he's '' injured, and then plays that person.
    Talk about small victories, geez. Should be more concerned with fact that if they lose tomorrow they're officially in a relegation battle. Two teams below them play tomorrow too, if they were to win , and we won too, then it's United looking up the table at almost everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just start Origi if Salah isn't fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Yeah, if Salah is not 100%, leave him at home. We don't won't to be rushing him back too soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

all the talk this week was about Utd's injuries and I bet you tomorrow the greatest Egyptian that ever lived won't even be on the bench and Utd will be full strength.
    I don't know where all this anger inside me is coming from, it may be the wine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Even if Salah is out tomorrow it’s Mane who Utd should be fearing most. He’s been in phenomenal form so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Even if Salah is out tomorrow it’s Mane who Utd should be fearing most. He’s been in phenomenal form so far.

He will be a lot easier for them to handle if salah isnt there though

Start Lallana and really confuse them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Start Lallana and really confuse them

Think that could confuse Liverpool more!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement