Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 6 Battery

• 13-10-2019 10:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭

Battery has been a major problem for ages. According to the phone its 72% capacity and has been for about 9 months. All of a sudden its taking ages to charge and switching on/off saying battery is dead.

I was planing to get a new one but not yet. It wouldn't be unlike Apple to make there new software cause issues on older models to upgrade.

Anyone else every had such issues with the 6 I am thinking about restore it back to IOS12 to see if that solves it.

Comments

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Battery has been a major problem for ages. According to the phone its 72% capacity and has been for about 9 months. All of a sudden its taking ages to charge and switching on/off saying battery is dead.

I was planing to get a new one but not yet. It wouldn't be unlike Apple to make there new software cause issues on older models to upgrade.

Anyone else every had such issues with the 6 I am thinking about restore it back to IOS12 to see if that solves it.

You need a new battery. Ditch the conspiracy theory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

It wouldn't be unlike Apple to make there new software cause issues on older models to upgrade.

Absolute rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Absolute rubbish

Really, they already admitted they did it before and have probably done it for years slowing down performance of battery’s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

This battery issue came up when the 6 came out first. Apple we’re offering free battery replacements up to a certain date which has since lapsed. Mine is probably 3 or more years old now and needs a battery replacement. I believe Harvey Norman do it but would need to confirm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Still using an iPhone 6 that I got for free 4 years ago, battery capacity shows as 85%, has dropped a few percent in the last 6 minths. Performance and recharging speed is fine, but once it went from 25% battery to battery dead which was annoying. I am using the latest OS available for the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

€50 for a genuine Apple replacement battery. Other third party batteries can be a lot cheaper, but a bit hit and miss in quality so if going down that route do your research and look for genuine reviews/recommendations. iOS 12 is the latest/last update available for iPhone 5s and 6 devices. They didn't slow down the performance of the battery. They throttled the devices to prevent excess drain on ageing batteries and random shutdowns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Sarn

My 6 is five years old, 88% battery, latest iOS and no issues (so far).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,819 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Jamie2k9 wrote:

I'd say they're just specifically targeting you, I'd be very careful if I was you, God only knows what they're at

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

JayZeus wrote:
    You need a new battery. Ditch the conspiracy theory.

Move to Android too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Really, they already admitted they did it before and have probably done it for years slowing down performance of battery’s.

What they actually did is reduce the performance of the phone to try and reduce the pressure on worn out batteries.

The iPhone 6 is out since 2014. Your battery is probably in bits. Get it replaced with a genuine Apple one. €50. Job done for another few years. Li ion batteries in phones are almost consumables.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Again, total rubbish. What they did is explained below.
    What they actually did is reduce the performance of the phone to try and reduce the pressure on worn out batteries.

The iPhone 6 is out since 2014. Your battery is probably in bits. Get it replaced with a genuine Apple one. €50. Job done for another few years. Li ion batteries in phones are almost consumables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Well their iOS 11 update fried my iPhone 6 battery two years ago, went from working perfectly to losing charge in a matter of hours and eventually stopped charging altogether. Had it replaced and the phone was fine again.
    It’s also just happened to my sons iPhone 7 when he updated to iOS 13, had to replace the battery too.

Apple eventually admitted that their update to iOS 11 was more than some older phones could handle and it killed the batteries as a result, and they offered cheaper battery replacements to those affected.

Haven’t updated my phone in two years as a result, and definitely won’t now as it seems iOS 13 is causing the same problems to older phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Mine starting to act up a bit but might been from over charging. Generally has been fine. Updates worked ok on the one I have.

Advertisement