Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tusk's Walrus - Le Reveal

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Huh, wow.

I really like that submission of QB's. Much better than the one in the last round, imo.

Different tastes I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Into the top 3 and we're about to see someone have a heart attack...

Adrenalin
    MiksJaguar
    pulling out a ginormical 24 points for Rammstein - Sonne

Listen1: I like a bit of rammstein, though I only know a few of their songs properly. I love the oomph the german gives their songs, and not knowing what they're saying adds to it i'm sure haha. With heavier songs, i always expect most people not to like them, so i wonder was this a person who was into rammstein already and didn't like due to the kindof choral/chanty bit or what? i like it. love it actually. beauty.

Listen2: Nice. Imagine he was just rattling off his shopping list or something haha. Love a bit of rammstein. They make great music. This operatic style works so well with the heaviness. He's a very religiousy voice when He want's to. You never get bored during a rammstein song. aaaah love this music. so epic in the epic sense. like an eagle flying high over the final battle of a blockbuster movie. Layered vocals there are lovely. I'm envisioning the battle of isengard listening to this. 'they're taking the hobbits to isengard'. Feck now i have to go listen to that. SAKE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE-1RPDqJAY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

On the orders of our supreme Tusk overlord, here’s my story.

So I absolutely loved Kanye’s first two albums. The college dropout in particular is still a favourite. Then when he started going all Kanye I literally stopped listening to him.

A mate of mine who wouldn’t be a massive fan of rap told me that this album was instantly one of his favourites. I Gave it a listen and hated it. Not just this song but the sound of the whole album.

Then a couple of years later I started watching Ballers with the Rock and I absolutely loved the song on the intro credits. Then found out that it sampled this track. I went a full 180 and now I can’t get enough of it.

As you said Tusk, you should hate it for so many reasons but can’t.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

tusk wrote: »
    After submitting one of the best songs in round 1, LSD
    QB
    Falls from grace to pick up 3 points for Tweeter and the Monkey Man - Traveling Wilburys

Listen1: has me caught straight away. Nice beat. Oh no vocals. feck off. Oh are these the bob dylan guys? I fukkin hate this voice. it's horrible. HATE it. go away . Different vocalist and i might like it, but jaysus he's brutal. can't stand him

Listen2:
    Tasty westerny intro. Oh god the vocals. Get away from me. i just can't.

Yeah. Still don’t like it all that much as I’m not a fan of Dylan either. But, I like trying to pick out all the Bruce Springsteen references in it when I listen to it. It’s like a little game. Not surprised at its position and no hard feelings.

I am shocked tbh LOL whoops going to stop moaning from now on.

Ya I hated that first time or 2 i listened to it, it was just loud random noise but my brother loved the video and I ended up listening to it more then I ever would have and I grew on me.

I also loved/love the video

• Advertisement

Right, Second Last...

Delta Force -
    phatkev
    with 2 points for The 1975 - Love it if we made it

Listen1: Very sci-fi intro. I like it. ok there we go. Comes straight in with the first line and took me way off guard. I like it tho. although the vocals are very flat across a long time which makes it difficult to follow. Actually find it hard to listen to this. buhbye

Listen2: Weird intro. Sounds Alien. Wow. Straight out with the vulgarity. Nice. Oh it's hard to listen to though. He's just singing the same note a hundred times in a row. Oh i like the end of that bit. 'love it if we made it' very nice, but then he does that exact thing like 5 times. God this is painful. Byebye

Second from the top, and very nearly top, which suprised the heck out of me, because when I saw this on the list, I thought 'oh yeah that's a decent enough song alright'.

BadBrew Crew
    Rikan
    with Fall Out Boy - Thanks For The Memories nabs a sweet 25 points

Listen1: Operatic intro. The overlapping vocals is cool. Voices are very warm and crisp. I love the chorus of this song. I just love to belt out singing it. I think this may have been a changeling for me when it first came out. Good tune. 'my eyesight is going bad' these are the slight variations that make good songs great. Beauty. The bridge is mighty too. Throws in a bit of vocal gymnastics there. Very very good. I must look up more falloutboy. Never critically looked at this song, but it really is fantastic! Feels a bit overlong... Probably because i watched the whole supersexysaxmanvid in the middle of the song hahahahaha

Listen2: Ohh yeah. Layered lyrics, you know I'm a fan of this when done well. Vocals are very good. Into a belty chorus. Love this song. Never realised I loved Falloutboy before. But this is a beauty. music is great. Layering different accents on the main line very well done. Your man can seriously sing. Gonna have to look up falloutboy after this, which annoys me because I thought I was too cool to like them.... acoustic bridge, showing off the vocal gymnastics and a bit of high string accent works very well. Oh i love a choral belt. Very nice. only drum and bass. Jaysus, I'd say they spent Months on this song in the studio. So intricately put together. layers, everywhere.

Paddy Last: Persistence of Visio with No Doubt - Hey Baby and a solitary point. (sorry
    Homer
    )

Listen1: Wow. Takes me back. Oh god this is not good. I liked it years ago, but now it's hurting me. ok goodbye.

Listen2: NOPE

And that brings us to the top of the table...

TNT-Crew
    Vale
    gets the 26 point top prize with Elle King - Ex's & Ohs

Listen1:
    oooh i like this. the beat is so clean and so is her voice. oh i know this song. Well i've heard it before. The chorus is the weak link of the song i would say. Is this a popular song? I never know really haha. Cant wait to see why you didn't like this one. I think it's great. highest first listen score.

Listen2: Oh yeah this is sweet. So funky. But with Passion. Great tune. Lyrics are so apt too. They fit the song so well. That intro (music and lyrics and vocals) is so perfectly knit together. Love it. It's caught me. head banging. mouthing the odd word i know. Great song. Bit of a solo here..... Meh, why. WHY? That added absolutely nothing to a fantastic song. I'll be listening to this outside of walrus 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Was Not Was aka
    Banjo
    starts our bottom 4 off with Mastodon : The Wolf Is Loose

Listen1: Oh, unneccessary screaming. No thanks. Yeah this has some strange chord changes that you tend to see a lot in metal. Can be really throw-offy. Can see why people wouldn't like this. Ah it's not bad. Vocals are the worst part for me. Music is grand, decent tune. Waiting for a ripper of a solo now. Like the drum trills. Serious drum speed. Wow. not the solo i was expecting. hope it goes into something more interesting. it didn't. Bridge time. Very interesting. Like it's trying to convey a sense of an army following orders or something. Slightly demonic sounding. I don't hate it. i hate the screaming. I've never listened to mastodon, but i've heard of them a lot from friends, and i expected more to be honest.

Listen2:
    aaaah, why the scream. No need. interesting sound. Reminds me of a metallica song. I'm sure one of you can tell me which on. 'Back to the front'? This is like these lads heard that song and were like, yeah that sounds good, let's do something like that. Woah, the guitar is boring af. sound like a garage band wrote this. singer is a bit boring too :/ Vocals don't seem to fit with the music. soloish time. somebody is practicing their guitar scales haha. This is pretty crap tbh. If i never hear this song again I'll die happy. I've heard of mastodon before, i'll have to listen to something else of their's to see if they're fully this sh1t :/

I love this song and album. You sound like an auld lad saying you don’t like screaming vocals and that’s coming from a 52 year old. :P

• Advertisement

Interested as to why that's a changeling for Rikand, I really like that era of Fall Out Boy.

Some damn good songs

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

adox wrote: »
    I love this song and album. You sound like an auld lad saying you don’t like screaming vocals and that’s coming from a 52 year old. :P

Massive Mastodon fan here aswell, I was more disappointed to see this so far down the list than my own pick!!

Interesting contrast in top and bottom.

I'd prefer the bottom song by a mile tbh, plus Gwen Stefani is hot :D

Congrats to TheValeyard on top spot.

Here's the full table for Round 2

Real Name Fake Name The Changeling Score 1 Score 2 Place
    TheValeyard TNT-Crew Elle King - Ex's & ohs 8.5 8.5 26
    Rikand Bad Brew Crew Fall Out Boy - Thanks For The Memories lyrics with song 8 9 25
    MicksJaguar Adrenalin Rammstein - Sonne 7.8 8.5 24
    Spook_ie Pompey Pirates Slade - My Oh My 7.5 8.5 23
    MrKingsley The Replicants Kanye West - All of the Lights 7 8.5 22
    Stu Redman Timelords of London George Michael - Careless Whisper (Official HD Video) 7.5 8 21
    kitten_k Automation TONES AND I - DANCE MONKEY 7 8 20
    Pretzill Vectronix Duran Duran - Come Undone 7 8 19
    adox Blues Bros R.E.M. - Everybody Hurts 7 8 18
    Electric Nitwit The Untouchables Everyday I Love You Less and Less - Kaiser Chiefs 7 8 17
    Trigger The Medway Boys Milk - Kings of Leon 8 6.5 16
    Necrina The Storm Brothers Justin Bieber - Love Yourself 7 7 15
    Necro The Syndicate Wiley, Sean Paul, Stefflon Don - Boasty feat. Idris Elba 7.5 5.5 14
    Green&Red The Wild Boys Rod Stewart - Maggie May 6 7 13
    Jurgen The German Klapauzius Taylor Swift - Shake it off 6.5 6.5 12
    osh Flames of Finland Palace Music - New Partner 5 7.5 11
    persepoly The Lost Boys Ed Sheeran - castle on the hill 6.5 6 10
    Barney92 The Carebears Jonas Blue ft William Singe - Mama 6 6 9
    Kolido Guardians Of Logik Oasis - Champagne supernova 6 6 8
    fixxxer Pulsion Parting of the Senory - Modest Mouse 6 5 7
    Strawberry Milkshake Level 16 Any Winehouse - Rehab 5.5 5 6
    sKeith Revolution Amy Winehouse - Rehab 5.5 5 6
    LadySkunk Federation Of Free Traders Pumpkin dance: Spooky Scary Skeletons [REMIX] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DECYte0kZ4 5 5 5
    Banjo Was Not Was Mastodon : The Wolf Is Loose 6 4 4
    quickbeam LSD Tweeter and the Monkey Man - Traveling Wilburys 5.5 4 3
    phatkev Delta Force The 1975 - Love it if we made it 5 3 2
    Homer J. Fong Persistence Of Visio No Doubt - Hey Baby 4 3 1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Well that was a cool reveal.

Whoop whoop Top spot!

All Eyes On Rafah

And the Current Scores after 2 rounds:

Real Name Current Score
    Rikand 52
    Spook_ie 48
    MicksJaguar 43
    Pretzill 43
    TheValeyard 40
    Green&Red 39
    adox 38
    Stu Redman 37
    Necro 36
    kitten_k 33
    quickbeam 26
    fixxxer 24
    Strawberry Milkshake 24
    MrKingsley 23
    phatkev 23
    osh 21
    sKeith 21
    Barney92 20
    Necrina 20
    Electric Nitwit 19
    Jurgen The German 19
    Trigger 19
    persepoly 18
    LadySkunk 14
    Homer J. Fong 13
    Kolido 12
    Banjo 10

Thanks for following along dudes. And sorry for harsh words :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Friendships have been broken during this round.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Nice one tusk. Got dragged away for the second half and there's a few I can't place by name, that's my dinner cooking playlist sorted later :)

Well done Mr.V

Great reveal tuskerino....

• Advertisement

Nice one tusk. Got dragged away for the second half and there's a few I can't place by name, that's my dinner cooking playlist sorted later :)

Oh yeah sorry,

Here's the playlist....https://open.spotify.com/playlist/11MlPdaLUntYcXuc3d9O20?si=m9hAZV2DRbOjqHSUNocz_g

Skunk's isn't on there, because of course it's not...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Well done to the top 3 - Thanks Tusk - I haven't listened to the reveal yet but happy you enjoyed Come Undone and there looks to be some great tracks on this round.

Delighted to be in the top half of the table but I'm quite sure I'll slide down as the reveals continue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Great reveal Tusk.

Few new tracks to check out

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

OK. Top 4 here we come...

Pompey Pirates
    Spook
    gets a cool 23 points for My Oh My by Slade... Am I seeing a pattern here?

Have you been sneek peeking the next category? :D

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Have you been sneek peeking the next category? :D

Nope. All still under wraps

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

After submitting one of the best songs in round 1, LSD
    QB
    Falls from grace to pick up 3 points for Tweeter and the Monkey Man - Traveling Wilburys

Listen1: has me caught straight away. Nice beat. Oh no vocals. feck off. Oh are these the bob dylan guys? I fukkin hate this voice. it's horrible. HATE it. go away . Different vocalist and i might like it, but jaysus he's brutal. can't stand him

Listen2:
    Tasty westerny intro. Oh god the vocals. Get away from me. i just can't.

Ah ****ing HERE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

So many of those songs are anti changeling for me. Used to love them, played to death can't v stand them now

fixXxer wrote: »
    Ah ****ing HERE.

You know what. If fixxxer is upset, then my job here is done.

Clarabel wrote: »
    So many of those songs are anti changeling for me. Used to love them, played to death can't v stand them now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Necro wrote: »

I mean, Nec-a-ro, you couldn't think of another song about loving something less over time? I literally used it this round... :p
    Electric Nitwit pulling in a tasty 17 points for Everyday I Love You Less and Less - Kaiser Chiefs

Advertisement