Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tusk's Walrus - Le Reveal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Obscura will be revealed maybe late next week/weekend.

I'm booked up for the rest of this week so won't get to listen till Monday.

In my excitement to finish the round off, I forgot to include my notes on the highest scoring song that unfortunately wasn't entered...

Notes:

Oooh i like this from the get go. super tasty. Deep beat. Ephemeral sounds in the BG. oh, we've some xylophone/steel drummage going on now too. Electro **** coming at me from all angles. Wow. Love it. This is going straight into one of my playlists. that mid pitch guitary bit is tiiiiidy. man, i need to invest in some more skullcrushers. reduces the bg music and then glitches into the next set. lovely. This is right up my alley. RIGHT UP IT. phasing bass, beauty. the main melody reminds me of another song, can't put my finger on it. Halfway in and I'm still loving it. Where's the smoke? Where's the strobe lights? Where's the Lazers? GODDAM i need a club right now. This is honestly just so perfectly put together. about 2 thirds through. I would like something before the end that blows it up a bit. oh there's a bit of a kick drum belt. something more, please. Give it to me! starting to need something to mix it up. Going overlong now with the same thing. ok,we've changed up a bit. Thin outro. Aw man I'm so heartbroken by that. It was literally a 10 until about 3/4 of the way in. The song I found was only 5:46 though. Feck sake. Just googled it and it looks like there may be two completely different versions of this. I'll rate both separately and you can tell me which one is yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

tusk wrote: »
    Klapauzius
    Jurgen
    with 3 points for Meshuggah - I

Notes;

heavy. Sweet intro. that kick drum. oooohhhhweeeee. headbanging instantly. is there a soft melody behid the heavy, or am i dreaming that? ok music is dying down. drums become more clear. where do we go. solo maybe? I'm anticipating. Well no. We get a sore throat. wow. why would anyone do this to their body. ok thank **** that is over. the actual vocals are grand. this reminds me a bit of jet pilot by SOAD. your man's throat must be in bits. he's actually damaging the **** out of himself there. Nah it's doing it for me. ok i like the music here nice. sweet bit of guitar. 18 more minutes. please throw in a bit of normal vocals? pls.... the music is very good. ok now we're into something different. almost sounds like a complete differnt song. music is great. Could listen to this music all day. I don't so much mind this screaming bit, but i can actually feel my vocal chords ripping listening to him and its hurting me hahaha. mad bastard. He's screaming, but he's screaming tonally which is grand. just wish he would do it in a bit more of a safe manor. oh wow. facemelter solo. wtf hahaha. that was not expected. and does not fit hahah. lads. jaysus. clearly good musicians. but by jaysus. 6 minutes in liking this vocal bit. vocal chords still shredding. power speed. would love to see a video of these lads playing. around the seven minute mark they do an extended set of one thing on guitar and drums. that's super impressive. blehahaha. the music just ends and then we've a super chill soft note guitar solo thingy haha. mad song. love the effect. this is like 12 songs rolled into one. i know it's gonna start heavy again and scare the **** out of me. oh there it is. ****. haha. like this beat and guitar. music is great in this song. can't help wanting some soft vocals in here to balance it out. Something SOAD a lot, which i love. Halfway through now, nice barrage of guitar and drums here. 12 minutes in now and i'm gettin fairly bored. There's not much differentiation throughout the song, it's mostly just barrage after barrage. which is grand, it just needs something to help with variety in there. otherwise it just feels like a long flat slog. ok we've a solo here, sounds ok, fits in somewhat with the song. nothing special though to be honest. oh wait this song is stil on ....14:40 we get some interesting guitar. expect an abrupt explosion here now........some bass...... something that sounds like a theramin in the bg haha. pretty bored now to be honest. only 4 minutes left. music is decent. just boring now after 17 minutes... it's over. thank jaysus.

BOOOOOOOOOO!

:pac:

It's a bit of a whopper tbf and Meshuggah are certainly an acquired taste, personally I love them. They are for my money the best band currently in the world. What they can do sound wise is jaw dropping. I saw them live a few years ago, about 4 rows from the front and they absolutely blew my mind, their technical ability is staggering, they are absolute machines.

BOOOOOOOOOO!

:pac:

It's a bit of a whopper tbf and Meshuggah are certainly an acquired taste, personally I love them. They are for my money the best band currently in the world. What they can do sound wise is jaw dropping. I saw them live a few years ago, about 4 rows from the front and they absolutely blew my mind, their technical ability is staggering, they are absolute machines.

From re-reading my notes, looks like i really liked the music. Just the vocal chord shredding and length that put me off.

What would you recommend as another listen? Obviously not something that's already been entered for the remaining categories :P

tusk wrote: »
    From re-reading my notes, looks like i really liked the music. Just the vocal chord shredding and length that put me off.

What would you recommend as another listen? Obviously not something that's already been entered for the remaining categories :P

All of Meshuggahs songs have the throat shredding vocals but instrument wise I'd recommend Born in Dissonance (title track of their last album). I've never been assaulted by a silverback gorilla but I would be confident that this song is the aural equivalent of it. Rational Gaze is another one that just assaults the senses, like headbutting molten tar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I've never been assaulted by a silverback gorilla but I would be confident that this song is the aural equivalent of it. Rational Gaze is another one that just assaults the senses, like headbutting molten tar.

I love descriptions like this, must check them out :)

Tusk, great idea on the playlist hub :)

Not quite the impact as the original but a much more chilled impact

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

fixXxer wrote: »
    tenor.gif

He can take as long as he needs for this one, I'm still on a high from the previous round and I'll be in the bottom 3 in this one no doubt :D

fixXxer wrote: »
    tenor.gif

Are they eggs :mad:

• Advertisement

Are they eggs :mad:

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

giphy.gif

New competition.

Best waiting gif gets bonus points.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f299e5c32955e8c0ff044fd6f537e3990df0851cb7b&rid=giphy.gif

source.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

giphy.gif

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29561adcb4f90fc26a551a029267738bbde0c21b0a&rid=giphy.gif

source.gif

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29c9647c2517634e0355ef6ca08794878b39f438fd&rid=giphy.gif

• Advertisement

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29c9647c2517634e0355ef6ca08794878b39f438fd&rid=giphy.gif

We have a winner, as it's probably a prophecy :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I'm just wondering how obscure the choices are in this round :eek:
    I picture Tusk hunting for the very essence of the music, as if lost in the woods...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

1w9GNm2.gif

/bonus points to Electric Nitwit ヽ(´∀`)ノ

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

1w9GNm2.gif

That was creepy!

UnevenDampCaecilian-max-1mb.gif