Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tusk's Walrus - Le Reveal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

A baby Walrus waiting?
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

PerfumedAbleAustrianpinscher-size_restricted.gif

Trigger wrote: »
    PerfumedAbleAustrianpinscher-size_restricted.gif

Subtitled kinda apt....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

tenor.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=11866210

FlawedFlusteredAcornweevil-size_restricted.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Waiting-Memes-52918-aad4877.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Its my fault guys

My entry has clearly blown his mind..... amongst other things and hes unable :D

• Advertisement

giphy.gif?cid=790b76111ce2eebb3c48d1c1836183700729649e0777dc0d&rid=giphy.gif

4. The Obscurial

We all have a couple of songs that we think nobody else we know has heard. It feels great, but do you share or keep it to yourself? Well in walrus you gotta share. Send me the most obscure song you think I'll never have heard of.

Reveal to begin at the third hour of our Post Meridiem. Get your popcorn and what not at the ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

tenor.gif

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

tusk wrote: »
    Reveal to begin at the third our of our Post Meridiem. Get your popcorn and what not at the ready.

Er ... when?? :confused:

3 o'clock :P

giphy.gif

Gone to make coffee!

Meeting ended early. Hope you have your coffee ready

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Delta Force aka
    phatkev
    in at dead middle for jonwayne - these words are everything and gets a tidy 14 points

Notes:

classic bluesy intro tune, absolutely obliterated with breaks and beeps. I love it. vocals in, so bluesy. it's a beauty. Vocals are beautifully clear and lyrics are interesting to try to follow along with. lovely harp and piano in the bg. i'm enjoying this. would like something to break it up here now halfway through. nope into a new verse. bit of deep bass added to the bg here that i didn't really notice. nice. i enjoyed that

The Replicants
    Mr. K
    get's 13 points for Dinah Washington - Is you is or is you aint my baby (Christian and Rae Remix)

Notes:

nice drums intro with a bit of trumpeting. poppy and has the neck pumping. vocals in, condensed. I like it. boost the drums, this is tidy. the mix is really interesting. wondering if the original is condensed? if it's a choice for the remix it was inspired. brilliant. can just imagin her with one of those long smoke sticks posing on a piano singing this. very good. very samey so far tho. needs something to pump it up. there's a tiny bit of piano in the bg there. is you is, or is you aint. love that phrase. I could put this on in the background on repeat for hours and not even notice. Thats a plus and a minus. there's nothing that makes me want to actively pay attention to it after a few minutes. shame cos it's a beauty foundationally. hmmmm, how to score?

The Wild Boys
    Green&Red
    with Nina Hynes - Universal and 15 points

Notes:

heartbeat drums. oh was not expecting that vocal. music behind is nice. simple but effective. vocals are interesting. weird little song this. got some sci-fi sounds going on throughout. i like it, but i don't think i'd go out of my way to listen to it. it's weird like that. oh there's a lad now. interesting. he adds to it. i'd like to hear him alone a mit to mix things up a bit. reminds me of a song called 'i ****ing love you' for some reason think it's the vocal attributes.

LSD
    QB
    with 12 points for See The Sky About To Rain - Neil Young

Notes:

wobbly piano intro. soft vocals. i like the temper of singing, could see myself singing along with this. solid high hat in the bg. nice bluesy guitar there too. could potentially get boring now, hope something happens to stop that. very flat for the first 2 verses and chorus. wobbly piano solo. back into the next verse. same as the rest, needs something to break it up i feel. now he's just 'aaah'ing instead of singing. doesn't really bring much. music is super chill, but nothing really happening. hmmmm. could have been much better with a bit of variation i feel.

Adrenalin
    Mick
    with 16 points for Iris DeMent - Let The Mystery Be

notes:

oh yeah country intro i'm into. nice voice, proper country emphasis. music is super together and nicely embelished here and there. there we go. solo exactly where expect haha. it's a lovely little double guitar solo. very nice. super chill. this is straight out of the 'how to write a country song' textbook. you know what would elevate this? a deep voice to juxtapose her. Duet style, but only in some parts would be immense. very nice tune.

Klapauzius
    Jurgen
    with 11 points for Deicide - Conviction

Notes:

heavy out the gate. oooh nice double kicks there very tasty. speed guitar. oh god no. what is this vocal. jesus christ. great music ruined by someone who hates having a throat and wants to kill it from the inside. at least it's growling on key, unlike a lot of other crap. rhaaaaaaaaa. i'm getting less disgusted by it as it goes on. oooooh beauty of a solo. great musicians. super super solo. fits in so well with the song too. yeah i'm not as averse to it now as i was at the start. still not entirely sold on the ridiculous vocals. would be so much better with something else. the end is excellent

Revolution
    sKeith
    grabs a nice 17 points for K's choice - Always Everywhere

Notes:

that melody for the intro is nice. then it breaks into something different with vocals. beautiful. main guitar is left balanced which is offputting me. OH LADS. We got a military drumbeat! woo hoo. extra points. I wish i did a miltiary drum beat round. i could feel the chorus coming, and i felt i'd like it. I do. very good song. havent gone back to balancing strangely yet which is good. I can visualise a sunset roadtrip along the beach in the wind here. very nice. oh solo. nice solo. the solo is a bit gravelly, would have liked the vocals to go a bit gravelly too to match the intensity. if she'd had a belt this would have been elevated pretty high.

The Syndicate
    Necro
    with 10 points for The Saw Doctors - Wake Up Sleeping

Notes:

nice music. ok a bit of an irish twang there. wasn't expecting. vocals are nice. lyrics too. can see it getting boring if ther's no variation in the siging though. it's very flat. solo here now is decent. its grand. the music is the strongest part. soloy bit here too. very bland tbh.

Automation
    Kittykat
    with 18 points for Moncrieff - Like I Do

Notes:

oh yeah nice beat, nice vocals. slidy guitar. feel like i'll be singing this one too. wow good round. yeah yeah. i'm feeling it. chorus is the weakest link there for me tbh. goes very poppy for me. great vocals there. he's a good singer! chorus is catchy though. just doesn't do it for me like the rest of the song. oh yeah, bridge time. nice. not bad. I'm enjoying it. the end was good

• Advertisement

Timelords of London
    Stubert
    with 9 points for Think Of Me With Kindness - Gentle Giant

Notes;

nice vocals off the bat, following the piano melody. sounds very 'musically'. I like it. ok, out of the intro, the following bit wasn't great. chrous is nice. trumpet there we go. Convinced this is from a musical. very broadwayish. wth middle bit is just 2 note bits. weird. there's a bit in this song that sounds like something else. what is it. you know what bit i'm talking about? da-da da-da dah. ah it's grand. was very promising at the start, but lost me throughout

Advertisement