Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tusk's Walrus - Le Reveal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

The Saw Doctors.

Surprised by Irish twang.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Bad Brew Crew
    Rikand
    nabs 19 points for Reyn Vs Martin Galway - Green Beret

Notes:

wow. I have an idea after like 3 seconds who submitted this. that keyboard tune is tiiidy. electro sounds ringing out. there's a beautiful resolution in bits of the keyboard tune. ok we've a bit of deepening of the bg sounds. nice. keeps you on your toes. introduction of some more synth to bring things up. I'm in a german nightclub, lights are flashing, but slower than usual. there's a strange atmsophere. drums in elevate it. though the main melody is starting to go a bit stale. it needs something to vary it. ok we've a deep bass now kind of mixing things up. main melody is still there though. my eyes are closed and i'm slow head banging to this. nice. i need something to mix it up tho. come on! ok here's an electric guitar, it needs to do something interesting though. level is a bit low tbh, not loud enough to really break the monotony enough. ok we've got a really intense build here now. heavy head banging now, guitar comes up a bit. nothing special really. ok the guitar broght in enough variation here to keep me into it. There are some bits that don't work, but some brilliant bits. The guitarist sounds like he doesn't know what he's doing half the time. ok keyboard solo to mix things up. weird notes in there too. bits of it don't really fit with the keys being played by everything else. feels very experimental, but if it was refined a bit could be incredible.

Persistence Of Visio
    Homer
    with 8 points for Telepathe - Drown Around Me

Notes:

nice beat to the intro. sounds very 80s to me. smooth vocals. nice. wasn't expecting that type of vocal. it works though. hmmmm. i kinda stopped listening accidentally. it's so chill i just stopped paying attention. getting a bit boring now though.

Blues Bros
    adox
    kicks off the twenties with 20 points for Baby Huey & The Babysitters - Hard Times.

Notes:

jazzy and heisty intro. jamesbondy. I like it. that bassline is funky AF. Vocals are super smooth. I'm loving it. bitt of brass pumping there too. Love the vocals. man those little heisty bits are sweet. Vocal power is gold. Love it. yes. good stuff. ooh some psychadelic wobbles for a bridgy bit nice. havin hard times. i'll be singing this for sure. guitar bit is nice too. great tune.

The Lost Boys
    Deleted User
    with 7 points for A Tribe of Toffs - John Kettley is a weatherman

Notes:

what the hell is this lad saying ahah. Oh wait now i know. music is interesting. nice and melodic. catchy. John Kettley.... nice. get tints of arnold layne from the chorusy bit. oh a solo haha. this does not make sense haha. good solo regardless of the song hah. ok now i'm bored. very catchy indeed.

• Advertisement

The Untouchables
    EN
    at 21 points for Vampire Smile - Kyla La Grange

Notes:

classic chord progression intro. soft vocals are nice. curses win me over straight away. yeah i like this. lyrics, music, signing all go well together. oh the choral ooohs work so nicely to lash in a bit of variation. i'll probably look this up to start playing. very nice.

.... and that leaves us with the top and bottom six, which I'll reveal in a bit.

#powerreveal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Wow you really plowed through them, its famine or feast with you!

Fairly sure I'm gonna be in the bottom 6 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Wow, speed round I go out to the shop and we're on the last 6, some catching up to do but I must admit some of the tracks, well let's just say they won't be getting airplay in the taxi

fixXxer wrote: »
    The Saw Doctors.

Surprised by Irish twang.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

I'd heard the name before alright, didn't know they were irish tho.

• Advertisement

The baby huey track is great, only one I know I think. Was gonna enter it for the "forever young" round in a previous walrus

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

tusk wrote:

:eek:

tusk wrote: »

You mean to say you've never head this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Jesus Christ. Power reveal is right. It’s nice to have a good middler after the stress of the opening rounds to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I come in here expecting another punchy gif and I get speed reveal ala Tusk styley :D - But I'm probably in the bottom 3 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

.... and that leaves us with the top and bottom six, which I'll reveal in a bit.

#powerreveal

Just catching up jaysus..

I have no doubt where I am :pac:

osh wrote: »
    You mean to say you've never head this?

never heard it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Never heard the Saw Doctors!!!!

After Dickie rock leaving the national consciousness, now this!!!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The Lost Boys
    Deleted User
    with 7 points for A Tribe of Toffs - John Kettley is a weatherman

Notes:

what the hell is this lad saying ahah. Oh wait now i know. music is interesting. nice and melodic. catchy. John Kettley.... nice. get tints of arnold layne from the chorusy bit. oh a solo haha. this does not make sense haha. good solo regardless of the song hah. ok now i'm bored. very catchy indeed.

I remember that song. Just had a look, it somehow got to #21 in the UK charts.

fixXxer wrote: »
    Never heard the Saw Doctors!!!!

After Dickie rock leaving the national consciousness, now this!!!

Wouildn't know dickie rock if he slapped me in the face

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

never heard it

You lucky b*st*rd :D

Ok, on we go...

The Storm Brothers
    Necrina
    starts out our bottom with 6 points for Things of Stone & Wood: Happy Birthday Helen

Notes:

harmonica intro, acoustic guitars. something we've not had much of. nice break. oh wait, the kareoke version is in the playlist. Gotta go find a proper version. Ok, youtube has it. this one has vocals. surprise surprise. vocals are grand, bit boring. sounds like an amateur band. the ohhhaaaahs are good. not too bad actually now. still pretty boring actually. little solo, not bad. a bit of a belt. it doesn't really work. the key seems weird. hmmm. not really pushed on this one tbh.

Guardians Of Logik
    Kolido
    on 22 points for Red Goodbye - Shakespeare Lies

Notes

heavy start, into a softy bendy guitar bit. oh sounds very creedy. i like it. great guitar. deep heavy vocals. music is very nice. heavy prechorus. fits nicely. the transition to heavy to soft is great. doesn't pull you out of the song at all. it's all very well put together. I can feel a vocal belt coming. I hope it does. very catchy tune. I feel like this will be in my head for a while. oh dual vocals, nice. done well. very nice. the second voice is doing the belt, works really well. bg solo bit works nicely. more belt. very good. bridge is tidy. interesting song. would like to hear more by these guys. solo at the end, very nice tone. you can feel the rest of the song in it. very nice. Few notes seem a bit odd, but overallvery good.

Level 16
    Strawbs
    with 5 points for Rah Band - clouds across the moon

Notes:

oh the intro is so spacey, even before the talking. oh funky ass beat. nice. vocals are a bit 'wut'. Sounds like they've just plucked some talking bits from a 1950s sitcom. ok singing kinda now. nice. the body is popping along with this. mad tune. love that synthy drum. catchy. This is fine background music. but fairly boring tbh. not really keeping my attention :/ It's not bad.

The Carebears
    Barney
    with 23 points for Shankar Ehsaan & Loy - De Ghumake

Notes:

oh noice. Tribal sounds here. I love it. nice bouncy beat in the bg too. some strings in there too. oh the vocals and the lyrics are cool AF. proper indian sounding tunes in there along with the modern dancy sounds, very coool. this is right up my alley. choral signing with the crazy strings. niice. i want to be in a club ****ing paint at people now dancing like a fool. oh weird solo out of nowhere haha. De Ghumake, Ghumake, Ghumake. love it haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Bad Brew Crew
    Rikand
    nabs 19 points for Reyn Vs Martin Galway - Green Beret

Notes:

wow. I have an idea after like 3 seconds who submitted this. that keyboard tune is tiiidy. electro sounds ringing out. there's a beautiful resolution in bits of the keyboard tune. ok we've a bit of deepening of the bg sounds. nice. keeps you on your toes. introduction of some more synth to bring things up. I'm in a german nightclub, lights are flashing, but slower than usual. there's a strange atmsophere. drums in elevate it. though the main melody is starting to go a bit stale. it needs something to vary it. ok we've a deep bass now kind of mixing things up. main melody is still there though. my eyes are closed and i'm slow head banging to this. nice. i need something to mix it up tho. come on! ok here's an electric guitar, it needs to do something interesting though. level is a bit low tbh, not loud enough to really break the monotony enough. ok we've got a really intense build here now. heavy head banging now, guitar comes up a bit. nothing special really. ok the guitar broght in enough variation here to keep me into it. There are some bits that don't work, but some brilliant bits. The guitarist sounds like he doesn't know what he's doing half the time. ok keyboard solo to mix things up. weird notes in there too. bits of it don't really fit with the keys being played by everything else. feels very experimental, but if it was refined a bit could be incredible.

Glad you found the tune interesting!

He was a composer of music for commodore 64 games way back in the day and now he makes full instrumental versions of those songs using live instruments. I love that one, but he has other stuff that is pure class too. Well worth checking out

Pulsion
    fixxxer
    with 4 points for The Protomen - Unrest in the house of Light

Notes:

like the intro beat. vocals is a bit dodgy. ok bashy music out of nowhere. the singy bits are really nice, the talky bits not so much. more bash. it's interesting. I think it would probably be heavily elevated by a video. will have to check it out after. ok a bit of a belt. solo. not bad, levels of the drums are way offputting though. i like it more as we go on. He just doesn't seem to be able to give the deep talky bit enough. it's just right on the limit of his lower range and it's almost breaking. belty bit is great, he can obviously sing well. hmmm. i wanna check out more by these, but this one didn't really do it for me.

Wouildn't know dickie rock if he slapped me in the face

Spitting is more his style (or so I'm led to believe)

• Advertisement

The Medway Boys
    Trigger
    with 24 points for RX (Medicate) - Theory of a Deadman

Notes:

oh westerny. i like. melody of the vocals is great. I want to sing along. deadly. chorus tune is a beauty. super catchy. this is super cool. really like. group singing ' medicate' very nice. love the whistle. so western. much cowboy. 'everyone's high as **** right now, and noone's ever coming down'. Great lyric. very good song. nice.

Advertisement