Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tusk's Walrus - Le Reveal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Stu, I can't possibly listen to that potato my friend. I'm ok being wrong about kate bush, but i'm not wrong about her ruining that song :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Rikand wrote: »
    Congrats on your mobility :)

I'll get his new boss to keep him busy :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Rikand wrote: »
    Congrats on your mobility :)

Cheers, happened quicker than I expected but delira to be back near home
    Trigger wrote: »
    I'll get his new boss to keep him busy :pac:

NOOOOOOO

Someone think of the tournaments :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Necro wrote: »
    Cheers, happened quicker than I expected but delira to be back near home

NOOOOOOO

Someone think of the tournaments :D

Seen as theres no second reveal you could do the decent thing and give us an OP and role PM

Green&Red wrote: »
    Seen as theres no second reveal you could do the decent thing and give us an OP and role PM

source.gif

:D

• Advertisement

tusk wrote: »
    Stu, I can't possibly listen to that potato my friend. I'm ok being wrong about kate bush, but i'm not wrong about her ruining that song :P

No you ain't wrong...and neither am I, the beauty of music and its subjective nature.

Like, 'Today' by The National is tops for me and a few others in here too, but finished near the bottom. I'm not even a fan of that band, but that tune just calls to me.

Imagine Dragons near the top?? That I can't abide, but hey, it does something for someone. If a tune moves you, or grates you, well that is the important thing and fúck everyone else.

As I said during the NAS reveal, the thought of judging music and scoring it in this respect is hilariously wrong to me...but Walrus is a great and important game for the community IMO. Another 'well done' to Rikand for bringing it to our shores.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Jesus, I’m off reading other Walrus threads and thanking songs I like. What has happened to me??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

adox wrote: »
    Jesus, I’m off reading other Walrus threads and thanking songs I like. What has happened to me??

You have been sucked in to the world of Forum Games :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Next up Delta Force -
    phatkev
    grabbing a healthy 21 points with Pearl Jam - Black

Notes

Listen1: decent enough. i like the end bit, pretty catchy

Listen2: yeah not bad... well put together alright. Nice vocals and the music is nicely rounded. Proper musicians behind that song fo sho. oooh. just heard a bit of piano there that elevates it quite nicely. Solo following the piano's lead. tasty. oooh his 'why's are full of emotion. I love that. woah nelly. Started off grand. Finished up heavy af. bumped 2 scores from start to finish.

Delighted to get a decent result in my first round of walrus:) But I only realised after submitting my list that I'd put the wrong version of the song in. Didnt want to change incase Tusk had already listen to it. Its by the same band just a bit more of an acoustic version, Eddies vocals in this particular performance send a shiver down my spine every time I hear it

adox wrote: »

You're hooked. Get yourself to a Werewolf sign-up thread pronto!

phatkev wrote: »
    Delighted to get a decent result in my first round of walrus:) But I only realised after submitting my list that I'd put the wrong version of the song in. Didnt want to change incase Tusk had already listen to it. Its by the same band just a bit more of an acoustic version, Eddies vocals in this particular performance send a shiver down my spine every time I hear it

Ah there's multiple live versions of Black which are 'best ever' material. Love Unplugged and the rawness of Eddie's vocal, also love this...

Btw I've seen PJ live 20+ times and play in a PJ tribute, I'm a bit of a freak :pac:

• Advertisement

I mean... South Park sign ups are still open...

Jus' sayin.

:P

Some Controversy inbound here. And I'm absolutely disgusted to find out who actually submitted this because I like it so much :(

Federation Of Free Traders -
    Skunkers
    gets 9 points for Emotional Titanic Flute

Notes:

Listen1: People are gonna moan about this as a joke, but i fukking love this guy and I don't care :P

Listen2: So I listened to this song first for the first listen. And I already knew it. And I like it. I think it's brilliantly put together. You might see someone acting the bollix here, but I think it takes real skill to pick and choose the notes to play correctly and the ones to **** up. I love it. However, after listening to everything else twice, I need to put this in the right place based on those.

Just got round to listening to this now. I was totes emosh, skunk.

And I love the bolded line from tusk above. No truer words were ever written :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

You're hooked. Get yourself to a Werewolf sign-up thread pronto!

Ah there's multiple live versions of Black which are 'best ever' material. Love Unplugged and the rawness of Eddie's vocal, also love this...

Btw I've seen PJ live 20+ times and play in a PJ tribute, I'm a bit of a freak :pac:

That "we belong together" line in throws in on live versions just adds that extra little bit of heart break to an already heartbreaking song

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Necrina

Ooof sorry about that Necrina. Welcome to the wacky world of Walrus too

(Better not gloat yet lol, I don't wanna be sleeping in the shed tonight :pac: )

I didn't come in last from my first song! Wherever I go from here, I'm counting this as a win.

Necrina wrote: »
    I didn't come in last from my first song! Wherever I go from here, I'm counting this as a win.

Hi!!

This is either gonna go really well with both of us here now or really bad :D:D

Welcome, Necrina :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Klapauzius AKA
    Jurgen The German
    pulling in 7 points for Sufjan Stevens - Chicago

Notes

Listen1: decent enough. nice background music. Wouldn't go out of my way to find it again though

Listen2: Ah it's fine, just not really doing anything for me. I'm getting nothing really from this listen at all. I just want it to end so I can move on :/

Just reading the thread now, thanks for sharing your thoughts. My reason for picking this one is because I first heard it maybe 14 years ago but it was only a snippet on the radio. It was the days before shazam and smartphones. A few years after that I saw an ad for little miss sunshine on network two and this song is on the OST. Asked on boards who it was, got the answer, downloaded the album there and then and listened to the song repeatedly. It's my most listened to song on my ipod and I've loved it since. When he played in Dublin 4 years ago I missed out on tickets so as a wedding present my wife bought me tickets and flights to see him in Manchester. The day we were due to fly over for the gig we went into the coombe for a scan and without going into details we got some devastating news and couldn't go to the gig. For a couple of years I couldn't bring myself to listen to it but it came on shuffle randomly at some point last year and it's been back in circulation since.

Anyway, that's enough maudlin, I'm looking forward to getting your opinions on the 21 minute opus I put through. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Just reading the thread now, thanks for sharing your thoughts. My reason for picking this one is because I first heard it maybe 14 years ago but it was only a snippet on the radio. It was the days before shazam and smartphones. A few years after that I saw an ad for little miss sunshine on network two and this song is on the OST. Asked on boards who it was, got the answer, downloaded the album there and then and listened to the song repeatedly. It's my most listened to song on my ipod and I've loved it since. When he played in Dublin 4 years ago I missed out on tickets so as a wedding present my wife bought me tickets and flights to see him in Manchester. The day we were due to fly over for the gig we went into the coombe for a scan and without going into details we got some devastating news and couldn't go to the gig. For a couple of years I couldn't bring myself to listen to it but it came on shuffle randomly at some point last year and it's been back in circulation since.

Anyway, that's enough maudlin, I'm looking forward to getting your opinions on the 21 minute opus I put through. :D

Thanks for sharing Jurgen! That's some story! And thanks for helping to add some more tears to my walrus bucket today :(

I'm gonna go find a hole to climb into and bawl the rest of my tears out.

Haven't cried this much in years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Can't believe you still use an ipod jaysus

:D

Great song though, gonna listen to the full playlist over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Welcome - I presume you've signed up for the SouthPark WW?

• Advertisement

Welcome Necrina, great to see you here!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Welcome, Necrina :)

I'm not the only one who see this as the female version of Necro?

All Eyes On Rafah

:pac: That's cos it's my wife who signed up to Boards ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Is that you Coleen?

Green&Red wrote: »
    Welcome - I presume you've signed up for the SouthPark WW?

Don't know if I'm quite ready to take on werewolf yet I'm just starting with a few walruses first.

Don't know if I'm quite ready to take on werewolf yet I'm just starting with a few walruses first.

Make sure you get deadroom access for the one starting on Sunday and then you be able to follow along.

kitten_k wrote: »
    Make sure you get deadroom access for the one starting on Sunday and then you be able to follow along.

I know a guy who might be able to sort that :D:D

I know a guy who might be able to sort that :D:D

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

:pac: That's cos it's my wife who signed up to Boards ;)

Ahhhhhh.

This is what happens when I'm not paying attention.

Welcome Necowifie.

She's probably here to spy on you. :D

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement

Ahhhhhh.

This is what happens when I'm not paying attention.

Welcome Necowifie.

She's probably here to spy on you. :D

Ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh

Advertisement