Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple TV Sound Issues

• 14-10-2019 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

I have an Apple TV4 connected to an old LG HD Ready TV via HDMI.

Up until recently it was working fine but recently (after the TVOS13 update) the sound to the TV stopped working. I have tired connecting the Apple TV to a different newer TV and the sound worked when I did. I also tried connecting a different device to the old TV via the same HDMI and the sound worked when I did that too.

I looked in the Apple TV settings as well as the TV settings and can't find anything that might have caused it or that would fix it.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Same problem here. Did you get it sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭coL

Same problem here. Did you get it sorted?

No, unfortunately not. Still searching for a solution :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Thanks for the reply. Wondering whether Apple tv is worth buying a new tv for.

I cant see any reason why it shouldn't work without having to get a new tv. It works on my other newer tv! Best I can guess is that since the update the audio is being transmitted in a different format. Had a root around the settings but cant find any way to switch audio format. I expect/hope they release an update soon that fixes the issue.

Rang Apple customer support today. They have no idea why this might be happening. They have forwarded it to their engineers who are going to look into it. They did mention that there have been a few other incidents of this nature reported.

• Advertisement
Advertisement