Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season Ticket 2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Hmmm

Not sure where Jerome got that Cork 10 year ticket idea. Lots of comments online (here and PROC forum) saying its regular Cork Season Ticket holders. Be good to let him know.

I hope he is just not trying to upset the Limerick county board for fear of lack of interview access or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭C4000

Ya, I emailed him about it... sounds like whoever he was talking to in the CB is just trying to muddy the waters on it.

I see from that other forum that the cork holders had already been told that the season ticket would cover them for 2021 club championship also. Totally different level of customer service to our lot.

Cork gaa even sorted me out for a ticket for the munster final this year, even though I have no connection to them other than just ringing up and asking. No chance of that trick working again for the all ireland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Well that's just lies. Got another email from Cork County Board overnight confirming the ticket links will be sent out during the week and that all season ticket holders (hurling and football for that matter) are getting the offer of tickets to thanks fans for their loyalty to Cork etc.

That's great news for ye. You'd get the impression from Limerick Co board that season ticket holders are basically an inconvenience to them.

To be honest I'm stunned Cork CB are doing this. Doubt it would happen if Frank was still running the show 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Greensoup

Well done to Cork Co. Board....a clever move as they know season ticket holders are the ones guaranteed to turn up to the less glamorous fixtures in the league and qualifiers. It keeps the cash flowing in next year when the season ticket recommences. Easier to convince supporters to sign up again when you’ve shown they haven’t been forgotten. Limerick on the other hand are on a roll the last few years. Their county board would do well to remember the small league attendances at the Gaelic grounds up to recent years which were made up of season ticket holders in the main. You’ll never know when they’ll be thankful to these supporters again in the future. Not surprised by their attitude to be honest.

if they aren't willing to accommodate all season ticket holders, you'd think they might at least set a smaller number of tickets aside and enter us into a draw for them. Even if it was just a couple of hundred tickets or whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Wow

i hope mayo county board follow corks lead !

Yep great effort by Cork. I believe that any of their season ticket holders that wanted to purchase a ticket got theirs this evening. Limerick on the other hand made no offer to their season ticket holders. Well done Cork GAA showing some respect to their supporters. Hope Mayo look after their season ticket holders as they keep the show on the road during the cold wet league Saturdays and sundays.

• Advertisement

Just got my ticket from the Cork County Board! Awesome stuff from the CCB.

Nice one....ye’re new county board seems to be a breath of fresh air. That was a great gesture when they had to stretch their tickets across a lot of clubs already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

Just got the email and just as I predicted a complete and utter f***-up by the GAA. The email was sent to my eircom email. That email address is already registered on ticketmaster.ie. When I try to register on the link in the email I got (which is to buy my All-Ireland ticket) with that email address it says it is already registered and won't let me register it. I have contacted Ticketmaster but I will have to call them in the morning. Those tickets should never have been sold in that way. I am sure there are others that will have this problem. I have to buy them by 1pm Wednesday or they get released. This cluster-** had better be sorted before then.

I have an existing TM account and had no issues logging in. Did you follow the instructions exactly? You have to reset your password first before doing anything else.

It's all sorted, I remoted into my work PC and the browser reset link worked from there, it wouldn't work on three different browsers on my home PC. Tickets are Lower Davin, I am not complaining, I know how lucky I am to have them.

Thank God for remote working 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

but of course it was the GAA fault in your first post.

• Advertisement

not a hope about 5k mayo season ticket holders between normal and club + ones.

Well I humbly apologise to the GAA Ard Stiúrthóir if he is reading this.

County board chairman has come out this morning and said it’s not possible for any county board to do......am????

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

He’s going with the Limerick move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭muddle84

The Mayo News today

Ticket allocation could also be just 1/4 if semi final despite increased capacity

That would mean my club would get just 25 tickets. And minimum pods of 2. Over 200 members ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭HBC08

Cork didn't ask anyone to pay.

They took the season ticket list from the year 2020 and used that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,270 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Not a season ticket issue but the allocation system is surprising to say the least. Tickets going to every county instead of just the competing counties. Even if they split 30,000 between the competing counties and kept 10,000 for corporates, sponsors, other county boards and the likes.

Some Hurling club in Tipp getting tickets is madness in the year that's in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭rolling boh

That is a great gesture by cork would be good if the other counties do it for the final as well .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭gigantic09

Its nuts. They will loose a lot of good will if they proceed to allocate tickets in this way. As a season ticket holder i accept now that i will loose out but surely then given the exceptional times we are in, the majority of the tickets should go through the clubs of the two counties invloved. And surely the capacity can be increased seeing as the football final is now well into September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Anybody having issues with the club season tickets? I have received my email from ticketmaster but nothing shows up under the “my invoices” button?

I am delighted to get my ticket by virtue of being a season ticket holder. I don't feel guilty about it; I didn't miss a single game in 2020 (a lot of other season ticket holders didn't miss one either and they deserve their tickets too).

Two things surprise me though;

1. Attendance at matches in 2020 does not seem to have been considered; every season ticket holder got the opportunity to buy a ticket for Sunday
    2. Football season ticket holders were given the chance to buy a ticket for Sunday also. Again it seems attendance was not looked at.

I'm not bitching, I am just surprised that's all. Because to get a ticket for the final under normal circumstances you had to reach a threshold of 60 percent attendance.

The only reason I can think of is that the number of Cork season ticket holders in football and hurling combined is not that big so they just said "Erra, we'll give one to everyone". I am surprised if there is not a large number of season ticket holders in Cork. I read Mayo have 5000 in total.

• Advertisement

is it the inter county season ticket you have Lukin? Or the club season ticket?

Getting to an all Ireland final is what really drives up season ticket numbers in a county. Limerick would only have had around 1000 before 2018 but a lot of people, myself included, got them after going through the hassle of trying to source tickets for the final. We're back in that position now of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭big_drive

I've both a club season ticket and a national season ticket from 2020

So I've ended up getting two tickets from the county board. Absolutely blown away by the effort they've made, never expected it

One in section 317 and one in 318

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭big_drive

Mine was the same until earlier in night, think around 8pm ticket appeared in the my invoices section

I can see a few club members who won't get tickets being a bit p****d that every single season ticket holder got a ticket without being checked for attendance while some club members who went to every single game will get not get tickets. I know that even with full capacity there would still be some club members who don't get tickets but it is worse this year because of Covid. Two lads in my club who never missed any Cork match for decades are unsure of getting tickets for Sunday this year. They don't have the season ticket, I suppose they thought they never needed it because they always got tickets for the All-Ireland from the club.

Can see Corks ST ticket sales being up there with Mayo and Dublin next year. Think there is a cap of 3.5k ST's.

It's not a bad thing as in normal times, nobody can have an excuse (if they say they never miss a game etc)

I think it's 5k. Though we may have more now.

Only ourselves and Mayo ever sold out and Tyrone briefly. We added on a few "Upper Cusack" and "Hill" STs a few years back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭BandMember

What else would you expect from an absolute spoofer? 🙄

Just for the record.. response from Limerick chairman re allocation of tickets to Season Ticket Holders.........

A Chara, 

In reply to your recent correspondence asking that Limerick County Board would issue All Ireland Final Tickets to 2020 Season Ticket Holders. 

While, this matter has indeed been given due consideration, unfortunately, due to the huge number of Limerick Season Ticket Holders 2020 & the much depleted All Ireland Final Ticket allocation (due to 50% Capacity), we regret very much not being able to accede to your request on this occasion. 

We recognise your loyal support for all of our Limerick Teams over the years and thank you for same and hope that when current restrictions all of our supporters will once again be in a position to attend our games. 

John Cregan 

On Behalf of Limerick County Board. 

Seems like a lame excuse because Cork would have a way more season ticket holders than Limerick yet they were able to do it.

I don't think you could say that for certain. Cork have to contend with duality and being práisce for over a decade.

Limerick won an All-Ireland in 2018 thus boosting ST sales as they would have an expectation to get to the final more often now than not, meaning the STs value has skyrocketed.

I'd not be surprised if Limerick had more ST ticket holders than Cork in hurling atm.

There we go!

• Advertisement

Not doubting you but where did you get these figures from?

I'll hold my hands up and say they are unverified figures. Although I'm pretty sure if you go searching they have been quoted in the media at some point in recent years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭slegs

I think its much higher than that. Last I heard was Limerick had ~3k and Cork had similar between hurling and football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Season tickets are capped at 2500 per county. Introduced Club + (and converted Cairde Maigheo to club +) Mayo have about 3700 season tickets in total. Dublin have a lot more, about 7000, between Croke Park season ticket, Hill 16, Upper Cusack and the Parnell Pass.

Mayo mick is correct - the centralised season ticket is capped per county but some counties like Mayo and in particular Dublin have their own ‘county organised’ season tickets such as the Parnell Pass as well. Limerick have just the centrally run season ticket, don’t know if Cork have their own or it’s just the normal season ticket.

• Advertisement
Advertisement