Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season Ticket 2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Ha, fair enough!

I think with the football ST it's just the first round that is free

It differs from year-to-year on how many tickets are available for an All Ireland.

There were always going to be a few available this year given that Limerick has reached and won 3 of the last 4 AIs and KK is also used to being there.

However, tickets would be like the proverbial gold dust if the likes of Waterford, Wexford, and even Cork at this stage got there.

Another example was the football, Kerry and Galway fans were crying out for tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Is just the 1st game.

Theres more league games in football.

Also not guaranteed 2 Championship matches in the football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭HBC08

OK so just working it out here,

I have 2 club plus tickets (€250 a pop)

League games 7 × €18

Championship 1x €30

Total €156 and I get in to club games.

I don't think that's good value.

Note,I have to pre buy all championship games bar one whether I can attend or not to qualify for an all ireland ticket.

It's fallen in value,quality and convenience a long way in the last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭muddle84

To me, it all comes down to how difficult it is for you to get an AI final ticket. If you have access to a ticket through your club it no longer makes sense to pay that money for a season ticket.

For me, I get a ticket through my role in the club but i always find it hard to get one for my other half so I hold onto the clup plus to take that stress out of the build up to an all ireland final! Which is worth it for me!

Did anyone enquire about changing from club plus down to normal season ticket?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭billyhead

It's only worth it if you go to all the away games to and with the cost of petrol it all adds up.

I'm not affiliated to a club but I'd be confident of getting a final ticket from sources outside the county.However I couldn't be guaranteed to get one of the Mrs especially sitting together.Funnily enough I managed to get two together for the half capacity 2021 final,possibly the hardest ever game to get ticket to.

The only reason I renewed is for the final tickets as I believe Mayo have a good chance of getting there.I suppose I'm just posting here to lament how far the club plus ticket has dismissed in value and convenience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭MacDanger

That's sh*te enough tbf.

I don't think they should be charging you for the right to buy an AI ticket if your county makes it that far - if you've been to all league & championship games, then IMO, you're the type of supporter who deserves an AI ticket

100%

The old system was much fairer,buy the cheaper Croke Park season ticket and all league games were covered,plus first championship. Attend 60% or more championship games and you were entitled to all ireland ticket.

Buy the more expensive club plus ticket (Chairde Maigheo) and get all league games covered,first championship game,entitled to all ireland ticket (no attendance % required) and also get a gift like a jacket,suit case,umbrella,gillet all with the Mayo crest on them (a bit of a gimmick but a bit of craic too)

Now there is no difference between standard ticket and club ticket except you can get in to club games with the club plus,the difference in price is €100.

They've also done away with seating groups.

However without doubt the worst thing with either ticket is you have to pre buy a ticket for every league and championship game bar one opt out to qualify for an all ireland ticket.This in the same season they've increased the amount of games so if you went all the way to the final you'd need to pay for 17 games whether you could attend or not.Thats a serious outlay of cash before you take into account fuel ,accommodation, food drinks etc.A family would be looking at 4 to 5 grand for a season,I don't know many who could justify that.

It's the same old complaints going on here since last year.

In the name of god, buy one or don't, but quit whinging.

• Advertisement

Or don't read a thread that is pretty much there to discuss or whinge about season tickets?

Discuss, fine, but if you're not going to buy one, what are you doing here?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Discussing the value of the season ticket. Not saying I'm not buying it but pretty undecided at the moment with league fixtures still be released.

Pretty much what this thread is for.

Not to point the obvious out to you, but they're not sold here! I think you're mistaking discussion for whinging and in the process actually doing the whinging yourself😉

Good day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

You also have to factor in the quality of ticket you receive through the club ticket program. When you get to the latter stages of the championship you are guaranteed a decent ticket in the Cusack stand.

Bought it last year went to all the matches except the Kerry Armagh match as I had something else on.

I do think the tickets are a bit on the expensive side especially for weaker county supporters. With the round robin returning to football you will have to factor in access to maybe a game in a smaller venue with limited numbers.

However there is also the factor that you have extra games which you will have to buy to access the AI ticket along with the prelim QF in some cases.

It might cause people to think again next year. With the minor game moved it definitely took off pressure for access to tickets for the AI final. If it easy again next year Season ticket sales may drop off next autumn and I may consider not buying myself

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

I had no real hesitation getting the season ticket this year because I still think it would pay off in the event of getting to an All-Ireland final and it's also a better seating section of a ticket in contrast to what I get from the club/general sale on ticketmaster etc.

Another big plus was them getting rid of this minimum attendance nonsense when their own scanners regularly failed to mark attendance. I'll usually get to every championship and most league games but can usually get a taker for any match I might miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

League tickets are still free unless I missed something. You just have to download it from the website. Thats the only difference to old system

League tickets were never free.

If you were to buy League tickets separately this year (2022) they would cost €105,that's if you attended all League games.

Season tickets (2022) were €150 or €250 for club plus if you got properly roasted like me (x2) €500.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

You know what I meant..."free" as in included with the season ticket price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

Hi everyone, just wondering how the Club+ Season Ticket works for club fixtures in the chosen county?

Without the physical card, how do you prove that you can enter the matches without paying?

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

I might be wrong but I think get a singular barcode for club championship that would scan you in for every match. That's how a few other sports worked with covid restrictions.

You have an actual ticket like the old school physical tickets that's used only for club games.

Brilliant, thanks all for the answers!

Here it is in action today at Mayo County finals!

Ah ok thanks a million - that looked like a great game to be at!

Will the club plus season tickets get you in to the connacht semi final and beyond with a Mayo club involved? Or is it only if its your club after the county final?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭shmeee

No, only club games ran by your county and divisional boards, in your case; all Mayo club games in Mayo. It does gain you entry to the All Ireland Club final in your code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

What is the deadline date for renewal of Mayo season tickets?

• Advertisement

Advertisement