If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV and A/V replacement

Options
  • 14-10-2019 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am looking for advice on a TV and A/V receiver replacement.
    I think I'm already decided on the 55LGC9 but not sure on the receiver.
    I currently have a Yamaha rx-459 which has no BT, HDMI and is really showing its age.
    I will use my existing speakers. They are Teufel Concept-S which are rated for 120W continious, 160W short term peak, configured for 6.1. One Sub 300W
    My budget is about €2000 total.
    I was thinking the Yamaha RX-595, but am open to suggestions.
    Thanks
    K

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

kkontour wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am looking for advice on a TV and A/V receiver replacement.
    I think I'm already decided on the 55LGC9 but not sure on the receiver.
    I currently have a Yamaha rx-459 which has no BT, HDMI and is really showing its age.
    I will use my existing speakers. They are Teufel Concept-S which are rated for 120W continious, 160W short term peak, configured for 6.1. One Sub 300W
    My budget is about €2000 total.
    I was thinking the Yamaha RX-595, but am open to suggestions.
    Thanks
    K
    Hey Kkontour.

The 55C9 is an amazing television.

At the moment it priced at £1499 and there is voucher (RSTV125) running along with it dropping it down to £1374 or 1699 Euro.
    Voucher code is only valid on our sterlign pricing.

On the A/V receiver side of things.
    If you wanted a fantastic deal, there is the Denon AVRX2600 which currently retails at £549 or 599 Euro.
    I could offer this on a deal along with the television at £440 or 518 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204145-denon-avrx2600-black-atmos-av-receiver.aspx

This would push you a little over budget but would be totally worth it.

Total would be £1814 sterling or 2217 Euro.

You are free to pay in which ever currency works out cheapest for you.
    It might be worth checking what exchange rate your bank would give on the sterling price.

If you wanted to stick with Yamaha. The RXV595 is not one that we stock. We do have the RXV585 priced at £329 or 399 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203472-yamaha-rxv585-black-atmos-av-receiver.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

Thanks Kenny,
    very tempting.
    I can get a good rate on the Sterling using revolut which comes close to my budget.
    let me think on it.
    K

Thanks Kenny,
    very tempting.
    I can get a good rate on the Sterling using revolut which comes close to my budget.
    let me think on it.
    K
    No problem at all Kkontour :)

Give me a shout when your ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

Thanks David and Kenny,
    all received Friday morning.
    the TV and receiver are fantastic.
    Regards
    Kieran

Thanks David and Kenny,
    all received Friday morning.
    the TV and receiver are fantastic.
    Regards
    Kieran
    Hi Kkontour.

Excellent News :D

If you should require anything in future please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks again for the business.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.