If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 65SM8600PLA

Options
  • 14-10-2019 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    was looking at this TV LG 65SM8600PLA. How is it compared to Sony KD65XG8796BU?
    which one is more value for money?

I also see these TV has 125 pound off in the uk site but no discount in the .ie site? can I get discount in .ie?

thnx SG 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

S G wrote: »
    Hi,
    was looking at this TV LG 65SM8600PLA. How is it compared to Sony KD65XG8796BU?
    which one is more value for money?

I also see these TV has 125 pound off in the uk site but no discount in the .ie site? can I get discount in .ie?

thnx SG 
    Hi S G.

Thanks for the post.

At the moment the RSTV125 code is not set up on our .ie website but can still be availed of.
    You can either order at full price via the website and I would refund the £125 straight back to you or drop us your contact number in a PM and we can call you and manually process the order including the discount.

Is it the 65XG8196 as I don't see a 8796 listed on our site?
    If so the one of the main difference between the two which has nothing to do with performance would be the Sony uses an android operating system.
    LG use there own.

For me performance wise the LG would be the better of the two sets and with the £125 off by far the better deal.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 S G

Thnx Kenny. Sorry I meant to ask about Sony KD65XG8505BU. Is this better than the LG?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

S G wrote: »
    Thnx Kenny. Sorry I meant to ask about Sony KD65XG8505BU. Is this better than the LG?
    Hey S G.

The 8505 would pip the LG. It has a higher motion processor and that added extra of the Android operating system.

To be honest both these are great televisions!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.