Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some good news for once

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I dunno. Seems too good for him TBH.

Personally I would preferred some evidence of at least some extreme pain and suffering before he died.

He got off lightly while his crimes will live on for decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

watched a documentary about him. As far as humanity goes, the man has been dead a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

He won't be re-offending! Result.

I had a chat with a psychiatrist a few years back.

She compared them to rats: everyone hates rats but rats are rats and rats do not see themselves as creatures of repulsion. They just go about their business in a 'normal' manner.

Basically child abusers and guys like this really not normal human beings (ok hardly ground breaking) and are basically beyond redemption. There is no cure or treatment.

Interestingly, she said that there are very specific markings seen in the palms of child abusers. Widely observed, written about, photographed and catalogued over many decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,330 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Absolutely disgusting unrepentant creature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I had a chat with a psychiatrist a few years back.

She compared them to rats: everyone hates rats but rats are rats and rats do not see themselves as creatures of repulsion. They just go about their business in a 'normal' manner.

Basically child abusers and guys like this really not normal human beings (ok hardly ground breaking) and are basically beyond redemption. There is no cure or treatment.

Interestingly, she said that there are very specific markings seen in the palms of child abusers. Widely observed, written about, photographed and catalogued over many decades.

Sorry, you had me until there, what?

:confused:

Boggles wrote: »
    Sorry, you had me until there, what?

:confused:

Sorry as in the palms of their hands. Child abusers apparently have specific identifying markings on the palms of their hands that they are born with.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

Sorry as in the palms of their hands. Child abusers apparently have specific identifying markings on the palms of their hands that they are born with.

Yes, that's what I thought you meant the first time you stated it. Sounds like tripe.

She was winding you up I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

You'd have to ask serious questions as to how this was left happen, a person of Huckle's status surely should of been on higher alert due to the nature of the crimes he committed.

• Advertisement

She was winding you up I'd say.

Well perhaps but why would you on such a pretty damn serious topic. She even pulled out a book with photographs of palms.

You'd have to ask serious questions as to how this was left happen, a person of Huckle's status surely should of been on higher alert due to the nature of the crimes he committed.

Epstein was able to kill himself even after an attempt a few week earlier.

Anyway fcuk him, why should he get special treatment. Saved the tax payers thousands of pounds a year.

• Site Banned Posts: 68 ✭✭Fornevermore

Well perhaps but why would you on such a pretty damn serious topic. She even pulled out a book with photographs of palms.

Well?

I have no idea, but think about it. It sounds completely ludicrous.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BillyBird

Well?

If she was a psychiatrist it wouldn't be the first Irish psychiatrist I've heard about spouting nonsense. There's hope it's the same person and the profession is not full of kooks.

There's no evidence to support palm readings, it's a tool used to separate the gullible from their money.

I have no idea, but think about it. It sounds completely ludicrous.

I agree it sounds ludicrous but clearly there is some sort of study into.

After all it is such a murky depraved world that there is **** that goes on that no right thinking person can comprehend.

What that piece of **** did is beyond what anyone of us can even begin or even want to imagine so I guess anything is possible really and nothing is off the table.

I agree it sounds ludicrous but clearly there is some sort of study into.

After all it is such a murky depraved world that there is **** that goes on that no right thinking person can comprehend.

What that piece of **** did is beyond what anyone of us can even begin or even want to imagine so I guess anything is possible really and nothing is off the table.

Explain yourself.

Explain yourself.

Wha?

Wha?

What the **** is this hand thing you were told about?

What the **** is this hand thing you were told about?

My posts contain the info and pretty self explanatory even if I say so myself. I have no more to add as it was based on a 20 min conversation in an office in 2008.

Worried?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

A qualified psychiatrist registered with the RCSI told you that Paedophiles are born with identifying markings on their hands?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

My posts contain the info and pretty self explanatory even if I say so myself. I have no more to add as it was based on a 20 min conversation in an office in 2008.

Worried?

Right, that's it. Hands up.

Worried?

What are the markings on the hands?

splinter65 wrote: »
    A qualified psychiatrist registered with the RCSI told you that Paedophiles are born with identifying markings on their hands?

In a nutshell yes but forgive me but I did not take the time to note the persons exact qualifications or professional membership.

Don't shoot the messenger. I am just relaying a 20 minute conversation I had 11 years ago. Might have been debunked as complete bollocks since for all I know. Judging by the age of the pictures and book it looked like a study going back many decades.

It is something that somebody has taken the time to look into by all accounts. People carry out studies into all sorts of crazy stuff and I guess this is just one theory out there. I am not psychiatrist and I don't work in the field so I really have no more info on the topic.

In a nutshell yes but forgive me but I did not take the time to note the persons exact qualifications or professional membership.

Don't shoot the messenger. I am just relaying a 20 minute conversation I had 11 years ago. Might have been debunked as complete bollocks since for all I know. Judging by the age of the pictures and book it looked like a study going back many decades.

It is something that somebody has taken the time to look into by all accounts. People carry out studies into all sorts of crazy stuff and I guess this is just one theory out there. I am not psychiatrist and I don't work in the field so I really have no more info on the topic.

What were the markings?

What were the markings?

Callouses on hand and fingertips from all the clicking of the computer mouse.

Jesus man. Have you any manners?

I don't know I didn't take that much interest and genuinely cannot remember- she was just flicking through the pages and pointing to random places on palms. There was no 'I am a paedophile' in teeny tiny writing.

All Serial Killers have horns.

Well documented, just not on internet so don't waste your time looking.

Callouses on hand and fingertips from all the clicking of the computer mouse.

Jesus man. Have you any manners?

I don't know I didn't take that much interest and genuinely cannot remember- she was just flicking through the pages and pointing to random places on palms. There was no 'I am a paedophile' in teeny tiny writing.

You've provided useless information that you've backed up with nothing. Sort yourself out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Dunno if she said anything about treatment or cures?

If she did, what was her opinion?

• Advertisement

You've provided useless information that you've backed up with nothing. Sort yourself out.

This is an internet forum. What do you expect? Footnotes with extensive links to all manner of online peer reviewed academic papers complete with bibliography.

You want more info? Get it yourself sunshine.

Advertisement