Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some good news for once

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Dunno if she said anything about treatment or cures?
    Treatment and cure.

1200px-Luger_P08_(6971793777).jpg

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Dunno if she said anything about treatment or cures?

If she did, what was her opinion?

What I gathered from her is that there is no cure and I recall her comparison with rats & crows. They don't think like the rest of us so it is impossible for us to comprehend what goes through their mind. I think she also said something slightly wacky about them not being of this world and they did not belong here...words to that effect anyway. I just recall I was running late and rushing to leave.

• Site Banned Posts: 68 ✭✭Fornevermore

This is an internet forum. What do you expect? Footnotes with extensive links to all manner of online peer reviewed academic papers complete with bibliography.

You want more info? Get it yourself sunshine.

Just some basic information, that's all. You have nothing. Waste of space.

Just some basic information, that's all. You have nothing. Waste of space.

Then stop wasting our time by replying then. Jesus wept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

First time I've heard about tgis guy and wish I didn't. Inhuman.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 68 ✭✭Fornevermore

Then stop wasting our time by replying then. Jesus wept.

You've wasted all out time. You could have posted nothing or at least said you have nothing of value to post.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

a great day for the parish, if only it could happen more.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Ghetofarmulous

**** him. I wanted him dead when I first read about him. Death penalty is good for a confessed child abuser. I used to think the death penalty was awful but now I would have it for a person like this. Get rid off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

You'd have to ask serious questions as to how this was left happen, a person of Huckle's status surely should of been on higher alert due to the nature of the crimes he committed.

He should have been branded. All filth like him should be branded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

I had a chat with a psychiatrist a few years back.

She compared them to rats: everyone hates rats but rats are rats and rats do not see themselves as creatures of repulsion. They just go about their business in a 'normal' manner.

Basically child abusers and guys like this really not normal human beings (ok hardly ground breaking) and are basically beyond redemption. There is no cure or treatment.

Interestingly, she said that there are very specific markings seen in the palms of child abusers. Widely observed, written about, photographed and catalogued over many decades.

Does she also believe in Phrenology?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Hmmmm

I wonder amongst prisoners is raping a woman seen "above" as molesting a child

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Hmmmm

I wonder amongst prisoners is raping a woman seen "above" as molesting a child

“kiddyfiddling” means that you are inhuman and if at all possible you’re going to die. Painfully.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

splinter65 wrote: »
    “kiddyfiddling” means that you are inhuman and if at all possible you’re going to die. Painfully.

Personally i'd class raping a woman as bad as child molestation

• Registered Users Posts: 35,030 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

What I gathered from her is that there is no cure and I recall her comparison with rats & crows. They don't think like the rest of us so it is impossible for us to comprehend what goes through their mind. I think she also said something slightly wacky about them not being of this world and they did not belong here...words to that effect anyway. I just recall I was running late and rushing to leave.

I would have been rushing to leave too. (and rushing to get a refund)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

He did more than rape a woman by the way, he also indecently assaulted a young girl, molested an elderly woman...oh yeah and he to wrote candidly about his love of rape.

They actually had a lot in common really.

o1s1n wrote: »
    I would have been rushing to leave too. (and rushing to get a refund)

To be fair I was not there as a paying client.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

In a nutshell yes but forgive me but I did not take the time to note the persons exact qualifications or professional membership.

Don't shoot the messenger. I am just relaying a 20 minute conversation I had 11 years ago. Might have been debunked as complete bollocks since for all I know. Judging by the age of the pictures and book it looked like a study going back many decades.

It is something that somebody has taken the time to look into by all accounts. People carry out studies into all sorts of crazy stuff and I guess this is just one theory out there. I am not psychiatrist and I don't work in the field so I really have no more info on the topic.

If this was Germany in the years 1933 - 1945 regardless of what her professional qualifications are I would have been pretty sure the membership she had was in the Nazi party.
    They were big on this kind of physical stereotypical rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

Well perhaps but why would you on such a pretty damn serious topic. She even pulled out a book with photographs of palms.

There is a Scottish forensic anthropologist Sue Black who has developed a hand recognition technique to identify offenders from photos or videos (where their face isn't visible).

Calluses, markings, veins etc, it has since been used successfully in court for these type of cases.

Maybe that's what she was talking about?

Advertisement