Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I get out of the single market?

Options
  • 14-10-2019 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So, I have been single for two years and every guy I like or meet seems to want to "have fun" or stay single.
    I'm only 25 and I have a 5 year old who obviously is a factor in all of this but I can't get my head around it.
    Is there just something wrong with me?
    I have tried dating apps as all my friends are in relationships and don't go out anymore even if I ask, but it seems like it's a lot of swiping, meaningless conversation and then nothing.

Advice is greatly needed,
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭S.G.M.

So, I have been single for two years and every guy I like or meet seems to want to "have fun" or stay single. I'm only 25 and I have a 5 year old who obviously is a factor in all of this but I can't get my head around it. Is there just something wrong with me? I have tried dating apps as all my friends are in relationships and don't go out anymore even if I ask, but it seems like it's a lot of swiping, meaningless conversation and then nothing.

Absolutely nothing wrong with you. So many beautiful and great female friends of mine are in the same boat as you.
    A lot of men (not all) want to just have fun in their 20's and 30's even rather than settle down.
    You need to focus on you and your little one. Work on areas of your life that may be lacking. Hit the gym, take up a new hobby, meet friends more often. You're still so unbelievably young. If throughout, you meet a guy you like, take the risk and it may just pay off.

OP if you read the "Who to choose" thread it would seem to me you need to do something to stand out a little from the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dubal

Have you tried the frolo community, people in a similar situation will understand single parenting better

Dubal

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭zapper55

OP if you read the "Who to choose" thread it would seem to me you need to do something to stand out a little from the crowd.

Or stay away from over analytical people who are nervous of dating and write lists to avoid doing anything practical.

Op I think it's a combination of their age, bad luck and sometimes a perception that a single parent is looking for something more casual. Can you get someone to look at your profile? Theres a good online dating group on boards. Odg I think it is. Search for it, its private.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

This is very unfair and your chip on your shoulder should not be brought into other threads.

OP.

You need to be firm with what you are seeking and weed people out earlier rather than putting an investment in someone who is going to let you down subsequently.

At your age most 25 year olds will not want to settle down and you have a kid so you are already there. Maybe try dating people a few years older that are at a different stage in life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Every relationship starts differently and a lot of ones that start as a bit of fun can turn into something serious. Don't dismiss something (as long as you are treated with respect) because you don't have a guarantee that it will work out.

Advertisement