Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social housing

Options
  • 14-10-2019 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi there, just looking a little advice.

We are currently after a particular house in our local council (donegal). We know we are quite high up the waiting list. The previous owner of the house gave the keys back two weeks again.
    Does anyone know how long approximately it takes for the council to do whatever work needs done and lease it again?

Or any tips to help fight our case

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Leaving a house ready for another tenancy agreement can be a bit of an undertaking. Depending on the amount of repairs and upgrades required I dont think you would see it available again for at least 6 months. I base that on others I have seen.

As to how to fight your case, you dont really need to fight for anything like that. Your personal circumstances will dictate your eligibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ksm123

muffler wrote: »
    Leaving a house ready for another tenancy agreement can be a bit of an undertaking. Depending on the amount of repairs and upgrades required I dont think you would see it available again for at least 6 months. I base that on others I have seen.

As to how to fight your case, you dont really need to fight for anything like that. Your personal circumstances will dictate your eligibility.

Thank you. Won’t be expecting it to be ready this side of Christmas anyways lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

6 months would be ambitious. Even at that, why do you think you will get this house? Or should get this house.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

myshirt wrote: »
    6 months would be ambitious. Even at that, why do you think you will get this house? Or should get this house.
    Mod note/ Sorry but we dont need anyone's personal circumstances posted. That wasnt the query in any event

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ksm123

Hi there, after a local house that I know is available. Know I’m quite high up the list. Been advised to keep at the council for updates?Don’t know if this would be any benefit? Can anyone make any suggestions please. Have also had two local td’s write letters on my behalf also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

OP, ive merged your two threads. Please don't start multiple threads on the same topic as that is considered spam. Lets keep the conversation on this topic here.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 bluess99

Avgerage waiting time for a house that has been handed back to the council to be given to a new tennent is 36 weeks ( up to 44 weeks in some cases). So cant see anything done before next summer. I am waiting 5 years for a transfer in Waterford, im a priority one with two councilors on board bit still nothing.

Social housing and the people looking after it is a joke, needs to be overhauled with a better faster allocation system as people are suffering.

Advertisement