Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to place hat has 2 ESB Meters

Options
  • 15-10-2019 8:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Hi There,

We are due to move into our new house in 2 weeks and are looking to transfer our current Electric Ireland gas and electricity over to the new place.
    However, The new place has 2 ESB meter (1 was for a rental unit now part of the house).
    Will I be able to transfer my account anyway? I am guessing I will need to pay for both standing charges 
    Also I don't need the 2 meters how can I get one decommissioned ? 

Thank you
    Nick.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi Nick, 

Thank you for getting in touch. 

You will still be able to register with Electric Ireland even if the set up is different.

Do you know if the property has been rewired for one meter? If so, the dormant meter could be disconnected. If not, you will likely have two MPRNs with separate bills and standing charges. Are you sure that one of the meters was for a rental unit? In some cases, there may be two meters if there is a night storage heater meter and a standard 24 hour meter. If that is the case, there will be only one MPRN.

Have you purchased the property? If not, we recommend discussing your options with the property owner.

Kind regards, 
    Aoife

Advertisement