Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tulsi Gabbard

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Spencerfreeman

Overheal wrote: »
    Are those still a thing? Haven’t had them on in years
    Sorry, I was childishly referring to the tag under your name.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

I don't blame them for backing Bernie, he's one of the few with an actual chance.
    The GOP is as rotten, if not more so than the DNC.
    Bernie would bankrupt the country. Voters may like some of feel good nonsense he spouts but in the end they'll understand nothing is free and they'll vote with their pocketbooks... once they come to realize the government will be putting most of them into the poor house to pay for his ideas.

I'd hold judgement on that rotten thing until the Barr and Durham reports comes out. A whole lot of powerful Democrats should be worried about jail time. They're probably talking to their lawyers right now working out some plea deal strategy. And I think Gabbard is seeing this writing on the wall.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

notobtuse wrote: »
    Bernie would bankrupt the country. Voters may like some of feel good nonsense he spouts but in the end they'll understand nothing is free and they'll vote with their pocketbooks... once they come to realize the government will be putting most of them into the poor house to pay for his ideas.

I'd hold judgement on that rotten thing until the Barr and Durham reports comes out. A whole lot of powerful Democrats should be worried about jail time. They're probably talking to their lawyers right now working out some plea deal strategy.

How do you define 'Bankrupt'? You've bottomless Government borrowing there.

Barr is soiled goods. He should be removed.

I'd hold judgement on that rotten thing until the Barr and Durham reports comes out. A whole lot of powerful Democrats should be worried about jail time. They're probably talking to their lawyers right now working out some plea deal strategy.
    Don't get your hopes up, contrary to popular belief Barr is actually a deep state player.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Gabbard is a right wing Democrat. The U.S. needs a left leaning politician. Clinton seemed sad and petty talking about her. Clinton is like the conservative ghost of elections past.
    It's looking like Biden. He might even get a few sympathy votes from the Trump assassination attempt.

Love Bernie, but ain't never going to happen.
    Unless the Republicans grow a conscience and ethics, Trump is still a strong contender.

There are barely any left leaning politicans in America (there is only handful in Ireland in truth) and only two running for President in 2020.

America needs someone not so far to the right, someone:
    * Who is not as nationalistic
    * who isn't identifying enemies and using them as a unifying cause
    * who has more respect for human rights
    * who is unlikely to indulge in rampant sexism
    * who won't attempt to control the mass media
    * who doesn't have distain for the arts and intellectuals in science
    * who doesn't believe corporate power should be protected at all costs
    * who isn't obsessed with crime and punishment.
    * who won't engage in rampant cronyism and corruption

• Advertisement

I'd hold judgement on that rotten thing until the Barr and Durham reports comes out. A whole lot of powerful Democrats should be worried about jail time. They're probably talking to their lawyers right now working out some plea deal strategy. And I think Gabbard is seeing this writing on the wall.

You do know what this supposed investigation entails right https://www.justsecurity.org/66609/bill-barrs-witch-hunt/

Don't get your hopes up, contrary to popular belief Barr is actually a deep state player.
    He might be that but he's also a straight shooter. Going after the Mifsud records should scare everyone involved in the FISA abuse.. going all the way up to Obama. I'm sure the deep state GOP members will be pushing Trump not to take the bad players out behind the woodshed for the good of the country, but if he allows them to get away with their near treason actions it will only encourage others doing the same in the future.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

rossie1977 wrote: »
    There are barely any left leaning politicans in America (there is only handful in Ireland in truth) and only two running for President in 2020.

America needs someone not so far to the right, someone:
    * Who is not as nationalistic
    * who isn't identifying enemies and using them as a unifying cause
    * who has more respect for human rights
    * who is unlikely to indulge in rampant sexism
    * who won't attempt to control the mass media
    * who doesn't have distain for the arts and intellectuals in science
    * who doesn't believe corporate power should be protected at all costs
    * who isn't obsessed with crime and punishment.
    * who won't engage in rampant cronyism and corruption

You've just described Tulsi!
    I'll post this link to the only full interview I've found where she describes her policies. I urge you to watch it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVvYH6Kkj_s

You do know what this supposed investigation entails right https://www.justsecurity.org/66609/bill-barrs-witch-hunt/
    I want it all to come out... the good, the bad and the ugly from players on both sides of the political aisle. And here's a novel idea not seen in the age of Trump... equal justice under the law. I guess you can tell I'm not a democrat or one of their media handmaidens.

He might be that but he's also a straight shooter. Going after the Mifsud records should scare everyone involved in the FISA abuse.. going all the way up to Obama. I'm sure the deep state GOP members will be pushing Trump not to take the bad players out behind the woodshed for the good of the country, but if he allows them to get away with their near treason actions it will only encourage others doing the same in the future.

Do you think he'll be allowed to be fair and do the same to the clearly corrupt GOP? Not a chance.
    It won't help to only get rid one side of the most corrupt undemocratic governmental system in the western hemisphere. Ignoring Ireland of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,509 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Nice little loophole for your personal narrative if the investigation shows everything went by the book.

Schiff already wrote a detailed explanation about the FISA alleged abuses, and the White House redacted it. Then he pushed Nunes to release his own memo (fully unclassified, such a beautiful perfect letter) which is both interesting for what it says and what it doesn’t.

Do you think he'll be allowed to be fair and do the same to the clearly corrupt GOP? Not a chance.
    It won't help to only get rid one side of the most corrupt undemocratic governmental system in the western hemisphere. Ignoring Ireland of course.
    I can give you an extensive list of corrupt Democrats, and their political appointees in the DOJ, FBI and State Department, in the matter. What GOP members are you referring to and why?

Gabbard at least doesn't seem to support the corrupt Democrats, which is also why she'll' be kept far away from any chance at the primary.

Nice little loophole for your personal narrative if the investigation shows everything went by the book.

Schiff already wrote a detailed explanation about the FISA alleged abuses, and the White House redacted it. Then he pushed Nunes to release his own memo (fully unclassified, such a beautiful perfect letter) which is both interesting for what it says and what it doesn’t.

Please don't reference Schiff, he's a bad actor in this. Did you not see his complete fantasy portrayal of the Trump phone call?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I want it all to come out... the good, the bad and the ugly from players on both sides of the political aisle. And here's a novel idea not seen in the age of Trump... equal justice under the law. I guess you can tell I'm not a democrat or one of their media handmaidens.

I agree. Everyone should be held to account but it requires the Republicans using ethics. Unlikely.

I can give you an extensive list of corrupt Democrats, and their political appointees in the DOJ, FBI and State Department, in the matter. What GOP members are you referring to and why?

Gabbard at least doesn't seem to support the corrupt Democrats, which is also why she'll' be kept far away from any chance at the primary.
    It's a long list, I can't be arsed with that much typing. Start with the 129 who voted to go to war with Turkey. Of course not all 129 are corrupt, so probably 80/90% of those.

Please don't reference Schiff, he's a bad actor in this. Did you not see his complete fantasy portrayal of the Trump phone call?

I saw something he clearly telegraphed was going to be an exaggeration. I don’t see how this makes Schiff a ‘bad actor’ vs. Trump...

Or any of his... surrogates? Tell me what role model you’re saying Schiff is disgracing?

I saw something he clearly telegraphed was going to be an exaggeration. I don’t see how this makes Schiff a ‘bad actor’ vs. Trump...

Or any of his... surrogates? Tell me what role model you’re saying Schiff is disgracing?
    Linky no worky. opps, linky now worky.

Linky no worky. opps, linky now worky.

:D

At least I can laugh at Trump. Schiff makes me cry.

It's a long list, I can't be arsed with that much typing. Start with the 129 who voted to go to war with Turkey. Of course not all 129 are corrupt, so probably 80/90% of those.
    So I see you got nothing!

• Advertisement

So I see you got nothing!
    Tempting.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

That old chestnut.

Which media?

The one that dedicated far more negative news-stories about Hillary Clinton in run up to last election?

figure-7.gif

https://shorensteincenter.org/pre-primary-news-coverage-2016-trump-clinton-sanders/

In six days, the NYT had as many front page stories on Clinton's emails as they did about all the policy issues combined in the 69 days leading up to the election. When Clinton was cleared the other day by state department the story didn't feature on the front page, it was on page 16.

This is the supposed pro Democrat media...

This is the kind of stuff the non pro Dem media were publishing

HILLARY-CLINTON-National-Enquirer-.jpeg?quality=75&strip=all&w=690&h=399

mad muffin wrote: »
    “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

All they have is lies. As is clearly evident by Hillary’s commentary on Russian “assets”.

At least I can laugh at Trump. Schiff makes me cry.

Valid complaint but I don’t think it warrants censure imo

mad muffin wrote: »
    All they have is lies. As is clearly evident by Hillary’s commentary on Russian “assets”.

“All they have is lies”

/zeroes in on single ridiculous quote between mountains of real stuff

Which media?

The one that dedicated far more negative news-stories about Hillary Clinton in run up to last election?

figure-7.gif

https://shorensteincenter.org/pre-primary-news-coverage-2016-trump-clinton-sanders/

In six days, the NYT had as many front page stories on Clinton's emails as they did about all the policy issues combined in the 69 days leading up to the election. When Clinton was cleared the other day by state department the story didn't feature on the front page, it was on page 16.

This is the supposed pro Democrat media...

This is the kind of stuff the non pro Dem media were publishing

HILLARY-CLINTON-National-Enquirer-.jpeg?quality=75&strip=all&w=690&h=399
    Six days of coverage? Knock me over with a feather! And were any of them 'mainstream media' entities calling for Hillary's arrest because of all the numerous crimes she committed in regards to those email?

And dear lord, did you even bother to see the name on those covers you show. None are legitimate media sources.

And I'm all in... and calling your Hillary email coverage, and raising you the study of media Trump hatred showing 92% negative coverage of his presidency:
    https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/media-trump-hatred-coverage/

Valid complaint but I don’t think it warrants censure imo
    Censure? I think he should be drummed out of politics forever.
    He was caught by the bollix when Trump released the transcript.
    I've read the transcript and watched the lying statement, which was carried live by most networks by the way.

• Advertisement

“All they have is lies”

/zeroes in on single ridiculous quote between mountains of real stuff

Dude don’t deflect from your action. You posted a lie. I fact checked you. Just man up.

Advertisement