Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel Recommendation

• 15-10-2019 9:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Never thought I'd find myself posting in the Kildare forum but there's a first time for everything I guess :-)

I'm based in Limerick and doing the Dublin marathon at the end of the month (Sunday 27th).

We're staying in Ballsbridge on the Saturday night and don't fancy staying in Dublin on the Sunday night....but don't want to go home either :-)

Looking at something not too far away and on the way home....so that brings Kildare to mind. I've done a few searches but nothing jumping out really apart from the Osprey Hotel maybe.

Would be grateful for any recommendations...cheers cm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭chancer007

Kilasheee is a nice hotel outside naas.
    after the marathon your muscles will be sore, their gym has steam room.sauna jacuzzi,pool etc, so you can chill there with your finishers medal :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

Carton House

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

K-Club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

Assuming you're looking to stay on the limerick road, and you're discounting bewleys, green isle, red cow, City West etc, the osprey and kilashee are probably not a bad option. Both have pools, spas, gyms etc, both do nice food and they should be busy enough.
    Osprey is a short walk to town though and there are some nice pubs/restaurants in the middle of naas, kilashee is taxi journey.

Keadeen in newbridge is not bad either. Homely enough spot, has pool, sauna etc, basically on the m7.

If it were me I'd take the osprey and have a stroll into town for a bite.

If location and money are not an option carton house is great and the cliff at Lyons is worth a look too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cheers for all the replies....as it turns out the missus took an executive decision and booked the Osprey :-)

Got a decent enough deal with meal and spa options

• Advertisement
Advertisement