Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

same
    Eoin3 wrote: »
    Ya, think they might be having issues on the email front. Clicked register on the login page and gave my email but nothing from them.

Not just me then :) That's ok.. got a confirmation text so that'll do for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭zeebre12

I'm currently with 3 and have €25 credit to use. Can I sign up and have the porting day as the 1st of November to use my remaining credit? If so this just means that my number will switch to gomo on the 1st of November?
    I also am on an old student deal of €10 a month for 25MB on a modem with Eir. If I change to gomo I really should drop this? I'm still a bit reluctant if gomo is crap. 80MB is a lot of data isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

Anyone else getting a big delay on getting the verification email from them to sign into the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I would like to try this I’m still on the old top up with credit jargon lol

I use WiFi when out and about trains buses coffees work etc

But I would like to not have to rely on the public WiFi at times it’s a hassle

Realistically what could I do with the internet data Spotify YouTube Netflix ? Will the data cap reach quickly? If using this stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Hyblaeus

Signed up there a minutes ago and got the verify email instantly

The email will have a link to the setup page for your MyGoMo account

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

Anyone else having issues logging into their eir account to get their current account number? I've tried for hours on different devices.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Eir are due to launch 5G within the coming months, I bet this launch was in preparation for that, get a lot of customer off on to a 4G only network. I doubt GoMo will get 5g. If that's important to you just port back when it becomes available.

That's what I was thinking too.
    I signed up for a lifetime deal ages ago with Eir, but was stuck on 3G, made me move from them in the end.

So what’s the catch then sounds too good to be true I’m with Éir prepay thinking of joining this

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

biggebruv wrote: »
    I would like to try this I’m still on the old top up with credit jargon lol

I use WiFi when out and about trains buses coffees work etc

But I would like to not have to rely on the public WiFi at times it’s a hassle

Realistically what could I do with the internet data Spotify YouTube Netflix ? Will the data cap reach quickly? If using this stuff?

When I commuted I basically used Spotify all day with YouTube videos for about an hour a day on the luas. Then general browsing through the day and barely hit 10gb a month with heavy use.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I won't have a 5G capable phone for 2 years at least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭wavert

Anyone else having issues logging into their eir account to get their current account number? I've tried for hours on different devices.

No joy either but found it in my email from when I signed up. May be an option to try find it for you?

When I commuted I basically used Spotify all day with YouTube videos for about an hour a day on the luas. Then general browsing through the day and barely hit 10gb a month with heavy use.

Sounds good thinking of signing up for this I’m in the city center area so I’d imagine coverage shouldn’t be an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

80Gb is massive for mobile data. You'd want to be doing a lot of video watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

daheff wrote: »
    How is there charge for additional texts & calls when the flyer says

"the first 100k get all calls, all texts and all data for 9.99"

So this is a payg top up plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Bill contract ends early next year

Could I get this, use sim for something else for 2/3 months and then port my current number over later or would the port have to happen when I take up the offer anyone know?

I really hope they get some social media accounts for as I find it great for getting quick responses. Also curious if they do WiFi calling, I see others already asked

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

So this is a payg top up plan?
    I read it as a 30 day rolling contract. Just signed up but won't port number until tried and tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Hi,

I signed up my 2 teenagers earlier porting across from Eir, then went back just there now to add my wife. I'm getting the message Maximum Offer selected when I hit the buy button. Has anyone successfully added 3 mobiles to a gomo account?

Thanks

D.

Edit - Tried again and now getting message saying that you are limited to 2 sim cards per account

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Anyone see the movie Kingsman?

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭zeebre12

Lissavane wrote: »
    I read it as a 30 day rolling contract. Just signed up but won't port number until tried and tested.

How do you mean you won't port number until tried and tested?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Decoda wrote: »
    Hi,

I signed up my 2 teenagers earlier porting across from Eir, then went back just there now to add my wife. I'm getting the message Maximum Offer selected when I hit the buy button. Has anyone successfully added 3 mobiles to a gomo account?

Thanks

D.

Edit - Tried again and now getting message saying that you are limited to 2 sim cards per account

Only two per account, you'll need to open another account using a different number and email address

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

Bill contract ends early next year

Could I get this, use sim for something else for 2/3 months and then port my current number over later or would the port have to happen when I take up the offer anyone know?

I really hope they get some social media accounts for as I find it great for getting quick responses. Also curious if they do WiFi calling, I see others already asked

You can do this, set up the account and port then number tomorrow, or next year. Makes no difference.

They confirmed that they don't do wifi calling

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Only two per account, you'll need to open another account using a different number and email address

Likely to need another id number and payment method too

If I’m porting my number over will I get 4g coverage or do I need a new sim from them? Currently have iPhone X

If I’m porting my number over will I get 4g coverage or do I need a new sim from them? Currently have iPhone X

You'll definitely need a new sim

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Decoda wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks

D.

Did you use their names or how did you do it with your ID or theirs? Interested in signing up for the daughter, but she's jot 18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Signed up, seems like a great deal. One thing however, when roaming outside EEA countries, you would most definitely want to turn off your data roaming... "€5,109.76 per GB"!

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

zeebre12 wrote: »
    How do you mean you won't port number until tried and tested?
    I've got a dual sim unlocked phone. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

How much are their international call charges? Not that I'd be making many but am curious. I didn't see it on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

iPhone users will need a special premium tarrif from Vodafone... It will offer 500mb/sec download 100 monthly minutes, international calls charged at a premium rate and walled garden internet that restricts use to Apple approved sites. However thaeywill provide you with a titanium identify card that lets people know that you own an iPhone, in case they didn't realise that in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

byrnefm wrote: »
    How much are their international call charges? Not that I'd be making many but am curious. I didn't see it on their website.

https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile_pt12.2-3.pdf

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement