Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

It's a bank holiday you'll not get anyone until tomorrow

Website is working fine for me

Got through to gary on live chat he was very helpful. Apparently registering with gomo doesn't play well with outlook

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

TheDriver wrote: »
    Maybe for billpay but prepay eir vs gomo is same boat. Anyone on Eir prepay may as well change to gomo

Maybe he is billpay. He told me he is paying 60e a month. If he doesn't get 4G everywhere for that kind of money it's time to fold his tent and head for the hills. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

FFS, there's pages of replies and speedtests
    A reply consistent with your username. Trot off you useless nagg

tuxy wrote: »
    I still know people that see no problem in watching video in SD, something I consider almost unbearable.

I'm my day we had a black and white television that took half an hour to heat up the valves. We had 3 channels in North Roscommon RTE and snowy BBC1 and UTV from Northern Ireland. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

A reply consistent with your username. Trot off you useless nagg

I help plenty on this site, I'll not help anyone who is too lazy to put in some groundwork

• Advertisement

Hey , that was in Ballybane/Ballybrit area I'm back home in rural Co.Galway and averaged 13mbps . No in city I only ran it once, it was enough to see that once :o I think as people have already suggested contention in urban areas will bring it down and pi$$ peeps off :eek:

When I got up this morning I got woeful speeds on a test. I ran another test straight away and my speed was back to normal.
    Strange but true!

I help plenty on this site, I'll not help anyone who is too lazy to put in some groundwork

It's a bit tough if you're confronted with ~ 250 pages of posts on a small mobile device. I did try reading some but none I saw answered the specific question I posed. I got the answer I needed and no thanks to you and your self espoused helpfulness.

It's a bit tough if you're confronted with ~ 250 pages of posts on a small mobile device. I did try reading some but none I saw answered the specific question I posed. I got the answer I needed and no thanks to you and your self espoused helpfulness.

It wasn't a very specific question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Wondering if there's a way to check usage? Nothing on the account seems to indicate you can. Maybe after the billing period it'll probably generate one's usage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

People I know are now cancelling their wired internet connection and replacing it with a GoMo sim in a hotspot. This is saving them €40 a month and currently there is enough bandwidth for them to get by for things like Netflix and general web browsing.
    I emphasise "currently", I still think people who don't realise this service will eventually get to the stage where it is almost unusable in congested areas at peak times are delusional. The only thing that can prevent this from happening is if other providers offer a similar service in the coming months.

I did that when 3 added/upgraded a mast near me and got decent 4G, weird thing is it's been crap last few months. I've a sneaking suspicion they throttled it when a certain festival was on for a week and never opened it up again for the locals

I remember paying Sky like €50 a month for broadband and like €15 to Tesco for the mobile the time

Dropped both for €20 a month for 3

Have a gomo SIM ordered to test out anyways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Reality is 3-5Mb is plenty fast for mobile unless you want a lot of streaming etc. 95% of mobile data users are interested in communications and browsing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

Ported this morning

Immediately lost data

Emailed in from support page

Nothing

Had to get a Tesco sim and spend €15

Not happy at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭mossie

Oige1981 wrote: »
    Reset network settings then on the phone - test the sim in another phone.

Will have to try that next time I'm near that phone

Wondering if there's a way to check usage? Nothing on the account seems to indicate you can. Maybe after the billing period it'll probably generate one's usage.

Yeah I think it'll appear there after the first month

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

To be honest, there are dozens of posts in this thread (including the last few pages) directly answering your question about “what the coverage and data speeds are like”. And given the fact that experience will differ hugely depending on time and location, going through the existing posts and seeing what the average experience seems to be would give a much better idea than sticking to the specific experience of the 2 or 3 people who will directly answered a new post with that question.

Just saying ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Into day 11 now of not being able to receive any calls from other networks. Support don’t seem to have a clue. Complaint logged with comreg who from talking to seem to be dealing with a lot of complaints in relation to Gomo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

It'll probably be available online... Can't your phone do that for you? Pretty sure it can, depending on what phone you have...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

I still know people that see no problem in watching video in SD, something I consider almost unbearable.
    I find it hard to watch some 70s films in HD. It just seems wrong for the 70s.

It wasn't a very specific question
    More specific that your useless and profoundly unhelpful answer was. Thankfully, you and your ilk are in the minority around here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

KOR101 wrote: »
    I find it hard to watch some 70s films in HD. It just seems wrong for the 70s.

You're missing out, the transfer of 2001 from 70mm film to 4k uhd digital is amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

99nsr125 wrote: »
    Ported this morning

Immediately lost data

Emailed in from support page

Nothing

Had to get a Tesco sim and spend €15

Not happy at all

Check you have an APN setup. It should automatically be there but not always.

More specific that your useless and profoundly unhelpful answer was. Thankfully, you and your ilk are in the minority around here.

Only unhelpful to those truly lazy enough to not bother to read the last few pages of the thread to see if their general query has been asked and answered, which it has many many times. The coverage is the same as Meteor/Eir and speed is dependant on location, signal and which technology your device connects on. Good for some, poor for others

Only unhelpful to those truly lazy enough to not bother to read the last few pages of the thread to see if their general query has been asked and answered, which it has many many times. The coverage is the same as Meteor/Eir and speed is dependant on location, signal and which technology your device connects on. Good for some, poor for others

And your last two sentences instead of a presumptuous expletive blurt that I'm lazy would've been fine.

And your last two sentences instead of a presumptuous expletive blurt that I'm lazy would've been fine.

You got called out for being downright lazy and are now just making a show of yourself. Others have thanked my posts. We'll just leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

After getting a message from support yesterday that my port was 'stuck' I checked the website and saw that I need to reschedule. I've done that now so fingers crossed for 9am tomorrow. I've changed my other half's port for the same time in case that was the issue. We're both on the same account at VM but had seceduled different port times.

jakdublin wrote: »
    After getting a message from support yesterday that my port was 'stuck' I checked the website and saw that I need to reschedule. I've done that now so fingers crossed for 9am tomorrow. I've changed my other half's port for the same time in case that was the issue. We're both on the same account at VM but had seceduled different port times.

Porting works much better during the week. We've ported 3, mine took 18 hours over the last weekend. The other two took minutes mid week

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Tried to port from Tesco at 1500 today, nothing happened. Went online and submitted another port request

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Tried to port from Tesco at 1500 today, nothing happened. Went online and submitted another port request

IT'S A BANK HOLIDAY

(sorry about caps)

You got called out for being downright lazy and are now just making a show of yourself. Others have thanked my posts. We'll just leave it at that.

No you were presumptuous and no stage did you have the decency to acknowledge what I said about wading through 250 pages of pre-existing posts. It's not that easy on a small screen.

Anyone can like someone else's posts but I see nobody wading inm I've no qualms about calling out a presumptuous smart ass for what they are. Likes or no likes.

And as I said, the last two sentences in your post twice ago would've been fine. But no, your a high horse alright with a name to live up to and you had to add two and two and get five thinking I was lazy. You're not really that helpful, are you? No, you're quite deluded if you think you are.

If I were you I'd stop now before making a show of yourself.

• Advertisement

Do it tomorrow, see my post above

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement