Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Thread needs a decent mod to shutdown the chatter. This is a BA thread (though you would hardly think it!), take porting issues etc to either Consumer Affairs or Mobile forums, end of!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

degsie wrote: »
    Thread needs a decent mod to shutdown the chatter. This is a BA thread (though you would hardly think it!), take porting issues etc to either Consumer Affairs or Mobile forums, end of!

Could take it to the talk to eir forum.
    Oh wait...... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

According to Adrian Weckler in the Indo, he expects the 100,000 subscribers to be hit before Xmas.

I'd be amazed if they pulled/changed it when it gets to 100k.
    Why would they turn away more customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Here's a techie question: is the GoMo data APN the exact same as the Eir one?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Can Anyone who's successfully ported confirm what the coverage and data speeds are like?

In fairness, you will need to be more specific, where are you looking to find out about. I’m in Waterford an I’ve excellent coverage and speeds, however I was up in Dublin today and I found certain parts to be very poor and other areas were very good.

• Advertisement

okidoki987 wrote: »
    According to Adrian Weckler in the Indo, he expects the 100,000 subscribers to be hit before Xmas.

I'd be amazed if they pulled/changed it when it gets to 100k.
    Why would they turn away more customers?

I don't know, why would they take on more customers that are not paying enough to upgrade the network to acceptable levels. It is Eir so you could have a good point.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Here's a techie question: is the GoMo data APN the exact same as the Eir one?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

tuxy wrote: »

IT'S A BANK HOLIDAY

(sorry about caps)

Why did they give the option to do it today then

Aquos76 wrote: »
    In fairness, you will need to be more specific, where are you looking to find out about. I’m in Waterford an I’ve excellent coverage and speeds, however I was up in Dublin today and I found certain parts to be very poor and other areas were very good.

Asked on the basis that me porting to virtual operators previously was met with very poor performance, even though the "parent" network itself was very good. I hope VMNO's have improved a lot since!

Why did they give the option to do it today then

They want people to sign up and foresight is not one of Eir's strong points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

No you were presumptuous and no stage did you have the decency to acknowledge what I said about wading through 250 pages of pre-existing posts. It's not that easy on a small screen.

Anyone can like someone else's posts but I see nobody wading inm I've no qualms about calling out a presumptuous smart ass for what they are. Likes or no likes.

And as I said, the last two sentences in your post twice ago would've been fine. But no, your a high horse alright with a name to live up to and you had to add two and two and get five thinking I was lazy. You're not really that helpful, are you? No, you're quite deluded if you think you are.

If I were you I'd stop now before making a show of yourself.

I think you're the one making a show of himself here. You've offered nothing to this thread and now you're clogging it up trying to justify your failure to do the most basic research.

I think you're the one making a show of himself here. You've offered nothing to this thread and now you're clogging it up trying to justify your failure to do the most basic research.

So you have tried reading 250 pages of posts on a small device? Everyone except this high horse that I've engaged with here has been more than helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

stop the bickering please. No giving out about other posters or waffle, only chat about the bargain or issues relating to the bargain or assistance relating to the bargain. You get the picture....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Seriously if someone asks a question that's been asked before and it annoys you why not just ignore it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

tuxy wrote:
    IT'S A BANK HOLIDAY

Is the porting not automated anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

No, sure it rarely if ever happens after 6pm on a week day

I believe so but it does not work 100% of the time and there is no one to contact or at least it is very difficult to comtact support on a bank holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,209 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Where I was living up to a few weeks ago there was no coverage in my house. The odd time I could make a call from one bedroom but it would come and go and be only 2G. Otherwise I'd have to go down the road. Had no coverage in work either unless I went outside. Still it didn't bother me too much. It was relaxing in many ways to do without. I would spend the effort to write a decent sized message to someone instead of a one liner, got to know the locals, went for the odd pint across the road

Twould be gas if some of the complainers in here had to live there for a few weeks. What they'd come out with would be comedy gold

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

KOR101 wrote: »
    I find it hard to watch some 70s films in HD. It just seems wrong for the 70s.

I love watching silent movies in 4K :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

IT'S A BANK HOLIDAY

(sorry about caps)

I got an email from CUstomer Care today and then 2 further emails confirming my cancellation request so they were working today. Same goes for Eir. They also worked and were active on Twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Voicemail looks like it takes a while to activate or so was the case with all 3 accounts we ported to them

Yes it just takes a few hours to sort itself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Porting works much better during the week. We've ported 3, mine took 18 hours over the last weekend. The other two took minutes mid week

Conversely I set a VF PAYG port on Friday evening for 10am Saturday morning (what I'd term last minute) and it was done within about 15 minutes. Hadn't even tried/checked the SIM card beforehand (foolishly perhaps!).
    Also even received a text message from VF confirming the port was complete and thanking me for my custom.

All in we've ported 3 Sims plus one new one and all have been flawless.
    Guess we've been lucky!

Finally just to add it's not much use people asking how speeds/reception is. It's all dependable on your *exact* location ... Distance to mast, number of people connecting to it, your actual phone (strong/week radio) and physical obstacles in-between like trees, hills, buildings etc.

Best advice is to get yourself a SIM and take a "suck it and see" approach. Also it should be very similar to Eir if you're you already have experience of it.

Pity the main points of information can't be stickied at the top of *every page*.
    It's causing some level of consternation to some people, and understandably so!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Oige1981

IT'S A BANK HOLIDAY

(sorry about caps)

Tell who ever is complaining I was testing the sim for the week then decided last night I’ll port both my numbers today at 9.00 knowing it was the bank holiday and I thought when I wake up it will either be done or not - woke up at 11am both phones swapped over no issue - the iPhone had the data apn from old sim so just changed that and bingo. For €9.99 amazing deal!

TheDriver wrote: »
    Check you have an APN setup. It should automatically be there but not always.

My iPhone was the same ported perfectly except the data - went onto boards typed in APN GoMo found the link for settings took about 10 seconds and working perfect. For €9.99 I’m still in shock that I can call who ever I want - surf and not have to worry about anything it’s seriously amazing! I had tested the sim for 5 days previous to porting my own number.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

What speeds are folks seeing on 4G typically when in a decent coverage area?

20MB+ ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

20MB+ ?

I was seeing 100+ last week in one location
    Check out my Speedtest result! How fast is your internet? https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/5413132906

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

20MB+ ?

There's always 1 or more like too many at this stage!

20MB+ ?

Just parked in the Applegreen on the Motorway on the way home. 70mb Download and 25.5 upload!

Service is fantastic! Once it’s above 6mb daily I don’t care I just think for €9.99 it’s incredible!

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/3521541505

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

My port is planned for tomorrow morning. Being honest, I’m a bit terrified. I’m off away on Thursday and I REALLY need this to go smoothly for me. I’m with Eir at the moment so I’m sure that’s of some benefit, but I’m worried nonetheless...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Bluefoam wrote: »
    It'll probably be available online... Can't your phone do that for you? Pretty sure it can, depending on what phone you have...

Oh yeah, definitely can. I'm more about nailing down what the network records from their end. Just keeping an eye on it for the first month. Once I get an idea of typical usage on a month by month it should be fine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement