Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Oige1981

GOMO VoiceMail is now working - ported my own number at 9am wasn’t working and Customer support said give it 24hrs and it’s less and working. Also coming from Tesco Mobile the voicemail icon when you click phone on iPhone never worked - now since change to GoMo a red dot appears on the word voicemail, it’s the little things that make me happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I know they are available here, but you'd think GoMo would have the correct APN settings listed on their help & support page.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Sim card out for delivery wow feels like a long 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Hi,

My wife received her new GoMo SIM card this morning. The only thing is .. the number on the SIM card does not match her account .. and the SIM won't connect to the network, either. "Cannot connect right now" when I try, so it doesn't seem to be activated.

Customer Support seems to be email-only now, too? I emailed them but heaven knows how long it will take to get a reply (even if they say 24 hours).

Has anyone else received a SIM with the "wrong" phone number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

byrnefm wrote: »
    Hi,

My wife received her new GoMo SIM card this morning. The only thing is .. the number on the SIM card does not match her account .. and the SIM won't connect to the network, either. "Cannot connect right now" when I try, so it doesn't seem to be activated.

Customer Support seems to be email-only now, too? I emailed them but heaven knows how long it will take to get a reply (even if they say 24 hours).

A new SIM always ships with a number. This will change to your number when your number ports. Login to their website and set the date and time to port your number

If you need to contact support you will get their chat on the website after 9, yesterday was a bank holiday

• Advertisement

A new SIM always ships with a number. This will change to your number when your number ports. Login to their website and set the date and time to port your number

If you need to contact support you will get their chat on the website after 9, yesterday was a bank holiday

Thanks! The only thing is - the new SIM number (unlock, PUK, phone number) on her GoMo account doesn't match the one she received - the last two digits of the phone number are different but the first 5 are the same. She hasn't gotten as far as porting yet.

I'll see if I can get through on Customer Support later - thanks for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Hi,

I'd hold off porting until you contact Support. I have heard of people ending up with receiving calls destined for someone else after porting. Also problems with porting anyway.
    That doesn't sound good if you have a SIM with a different number to her account.
    Try GoMo Facebook or Twitter pages. You might get a quicker response that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Thanks! The only thing is - the new SIM number (unlock, PUK, phone number) on her GoMo account doesn't match the one she received - the last two digits of the phone number are different but the first 5 are the same. She hasn't gotten as far as porting yet.

I'll see if I can get through on Customer Support later - thanks for the advice!

Sorry if they are different you will need to talk to them. It happened someone else in this thread can't remember their outcome. The GoMo support isn't the best, it's one area they cut corners on but to save your sanity try contact them on a week day 9-5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭skinny90

ported my old number and so far so good. Quick question. Can this be used with a 4g modem. My 4g contract is due this month

skinny90 wrote: »
    ported my old number and so far so good. Quick question. Can this be used with a 4g modem. My 4g contract is due this month

As far as I know, yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

skinny90 wrote: »

I'm using my second GoMo SIM with my 4G Huawei B525 router and all going well so far.

Was torrenting last night and was getting 3/4MBps per second download.

Thanks,
    M

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi,

This is an error on GoMo's side. It happened to me also which I posted about last week.
    It led to GoMo not being able to fulfill my order as they kept saying the sim card is shipped and they couldn't grasp that the number I got was wrong.

I ended up cancelling.

kceire wrote: »
    This is an error on GoMo's side. It happened to me also which I posted about last week.
    It led to GoMo not being able to fulfill my order as they kept saying the sim card is shipped and they couldn't grasp that the number I got was wrong.

I ended up cancelling.

Thanks .. I'll let you know how I get on with support (trying via Twitter). Did you get your €9.99 back, btw?

Hi,

So is it safe to assume someone else got your wife's SIM, therefore, for every sim received with the incorrect phone number there are two account holders screwed up?

If the sim phone number is not the same as the one attached to your wife's on-line account I wouldn't use it.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭BowWow

Just back from Italy and Switzerland. Used calls, data and text, received calls, texts, mails etc. - no issues. All worked perfectly.

BowWow wrote: »
    Just back from Italy and Switzerland. Used calls, data and text, received calls, texts, mails etc. - no issues. All worked perfectly.

Great! I'm going to Brussels this weekend. I have 10GB of data to play with, right? What if I call a mobile in Ireland? What if I get a call from a mobile in Ireland? Are these included or do I pay in each situation?

Many thanks,
    M

madmoe wrote: »
    Great! I'm going to Brussels this weekend. I have 10GB of data to play with, right? What if I call a mobile in Ireland? What if I get a call from a mobile in Ireland? Are these included or do I pay in each situation?

Many thanks,
    M

Calls & Txt's are included when roaming within the EU.

It's under the "Our Plan" link on their website.

06fc57c765.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Great! I'm going to Brussels this weekend. I have 10GB of data to play with, right? Correct

What if I call a mobile in Ireland? What if I get a call from a mobile in Ireland? Are these included Yes or do I pay in each situation?

Many thanks,
    M

Calls to any EEA mobile / landline number also included while EEA roaming

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

My wife received her sim. Signal dropped and she popped in the new SIM. Her number hasn't ported though. Has anyone found it take a while to port the number itself? She doesn't want to lose her number. She has it for about 15 years. She can make and receive calls at the moment on the new number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

give it a few hours

• Advertisement

Just received my SIM even though I never got a "Out for Delivery" notification.

The SIM phone number is the same as the phone number attached to my on-line account.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Calls to any EEA mobile / landline number also included while EEA roaming

Great, happy days then and thanks. :cool::cool::cool:

Fingers crossed data speeds over there are good as well!

All the best,
    M

PS: Does anyone know the best way to cancel a scheduled port for November 10th? I think I will just leave things as they are for now and use my GoMo SIM with my Three SIM in my dual SIM phone. That way if people want to call me they can still get me on my original number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Just received my SIM even though I never got a "Out for Delivery" notification.

The SIM phone number is the same as the phone number attached to my on-line account.
    When did you order your SIM?

I ordered my SIM last week, so am giving it time. Kicking myself for leaving it longer since I'm due to run out of my Three pre-pay deal on Nov 1. Would like to avoid paying another 20€ to cover myself for a few days whilst I wait for my Go Mo SIM to turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

just received sim ordered october 17th

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sinnerboy0

Sorry to hijack the thread, but is anyone having issues receiving calls & texts from Vodafone numbers? I ported my number on Thursday 24/10. Data Works fine, I can call all numbers, text all numbers, calls and texts from Three numbers are fine and calls from landlines are okay, but calls and texts to my GoMO from Vodafone numbers don't work. When I call from my wife's or my Vodafone work phones it says invalid number.

Also, annoyingly, when I try to set up new payee on my online banking, I can't receive the SMS security code (presumably because they use Vodafone to text them out).

I have contacted support, but they tell me my number ported fine from their end and to contact Vodafone (which is stupid as I'm not a Vodafone customer).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Hm... I'm starting to get cold feet about this whole thing. This thread seems to be full of people with issues getting SIMs / porting etc. I'm in two minds whether to chance it, or just stay with Three who I know and have had no issues with.

Pen Rua wrote: »
    When did you order your SIM?

I ordered my SIM last week, so am giving it time. Kicking myself for leaving it longer since I'm due to run out of my Three pre-pay deal on Nov 1. Would like to avoid paying another 20€ to cover myself for a few days whilst I wait for my Go Mo SIM to turn up.

Tue Oct 22nd

madmoe wrote: »
    Great, happy days then and thanks. :cool::cool::cool:

Fingers crossed data speeds over there are good as well!

All the best,
    M

PS: Does anyone know the best way to cancel a scheduled port for November 10th? I think I will just leave things as they are for now and use my GoMo SIM with my Three SIM in my dual SIM phone. That way if people want to call me they can still get me on my original number.

My GoMo, Account details, Move my number on the website to schedule a different port date.

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Hm... I'm starting to get cold feet about this whole thing. This thread seems to be full of people with issues getting SIMs / porting etc. I'm in two minds whether to chance it, or just stay with Three who I know and have had no issues with.

What have you to lose?

At worst you will lose your activation fee if you decide to drop out.

Still very much a no brainer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I'm getting the same deal (unlimited) from Virgin for €5 for 5 months. Will hold off until that's near the end and look at Go Mo then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement