Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

BowWow wrote: »
    Just back from Italy and Switzerland. Used calls, data and text, received calls, texts, mails etc. - no issues. All worked perfectly.

I hope you were aware that roaming charges for Switzerland are pretty saucy! :eek:

Make/receive calls: €1.99/min
    SMS: 39c
    Data: €4.99/MB

At least GOMO cap out-of-bundle usage at €30 per bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Tue Oct 22nd
    Huh, I ordered on Mon Oct 21...!
    What have you to lose?

At worst you will lose your activation fee if you decide to drop out.

Still very much a no brainer
    I'm quite worried I would lose my mobile phone number, which I've had for years (maybe going on over 10 years at this point). Perhaps it's unfounded, but I'm very concerned it could get "lost" during the porting process.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Pen Rua wrote: »

Has a number, pin & puck been assigned to your on-line account?

If it has you can expect the sim anytime soon really.

My son signed up 6 days before me17th & his only landed today also

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Has a number, pin & puck been assigned to your on-line account?

If it has you can expect the sim anytime soon really.

My son signed up 6 days before me17th & his only landed today also
    No, none of the above are assigned online yet. Suppose I'll just be sitting tight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭wolf9

Anybody else here have a Xiaomi phone. Mine is mi 6 and can't connect properly to 4g. All I'm getting is H. I tried sim in different phone and 4g works on that and APN settings are the same. I see one post previously and I think he pretty much factory reseted the whole phone and got it working on a Mi9 phone but that's a last resort for me. I have reset networks etc and checked APN a 1000 times

• Advertisement

No, none of the above are assigned online yet. Suppose I'll just be sitting tight.

Those numbers were assigned to my account first followed be an email giving me my actual account number.

I doubt you will get the sim before that happens, it does appear to be a tad hit & miss though.

If it's over 10 working days I'd contact them.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

I'm quite worried I would lose my mobile phone number, which I've had for years (maybe going on over 10 years at this point). Perhaps it's unfounded, but I'm very concerned it could get "lost" during the porting process.

People have been having problems porting but I believe these will be eventually sorted out. Not sure there is much of a problem with people losing their numbers though I'm open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Calls to any EEA mobile / landline number also included while EEA roaming

Are they really offering calls to any EEA numbers?

The only legal requirement is to let you use your bundled minutes and texts for calls to your home country and to the country you are roaming in. I.e. if you are in Italy they only have to include calls to Irish and Italian numbers, they can charge whatever they want for a call to Spain.

Bob24 wrote: »
    Are they really offering calls to any EEA numbers?

The only legal requirement is to let you you bundled minutes and texts for calls to your home country and to the country you are roaming in. I.e. if you are in Italy they only have to include calls to Irish and Italian numbers, they can charge whatever they want for a call to Spain.

Where did ten pin see that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Where did ten pin see that?

I don’t know where they might have seen it, and maybe it is correct, but in any case it is no a legal requirement. The only calls they legally have to let you use your bundled minutes for while you are roaming are calls to the country you are visiting and calls to your home country. Not all EEA calls as per ten pin mentioned. Of course they could be including them even though they don’t legally have to, but Eir doesn’t tend to give much more than what they have to, and I would be specifically surprised if they are doing it in this case given that it already is a very good offer without it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

byrnefm wrote: »
    Thanks .. I'll let you know how I get on with support (trying via Twitter). Did you get your €9.99 back, btw?

Not yet. The cancellation email only came through on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Got my sim today - ordered on 18/10/19. Working fine although the speeds at home (3 km north east of Newport Tipperary) are not great. Haven't ported my number yet but intend on doing so in the next few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Rescheduled the 2 ports which didn’t go through at the weekend for my parents this morning on the advice of gomo support. Both due to go through at 09:30am this morning. Still nothing.
    Will be cancelling and demanding a refund tomorrow morning if they haven’t gone through. Life is too short to be dealing with these incompetent clowns.
    If it goes to plan then everything is great. If not then do yourself a favour and cancel, as gomo support are worse than useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Are the people having issues porting on contracts? 30 days or otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Pacifico wrote: »

30 day rolling contract. Once porting is complete that ends the contract

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭bossdrum

wolf9 wrote:
    Anybody else here have a Xiaomi phone. Mine is mi 6 and can't connect properly to 4g. All I'm getting is H. I tried sim in different phone and 4g works on that and APN settings are the same. I see one post previously and I think he pretty much factory reseted the whole phone and got it working on a Mi9 phone but that's a last resort for me. I have reset networks etc and checked APN a 1000 times

I have a xaomi as well. I'm in a rural area and the 4g is on 800mhz. Unfortunately a lot of xaomi's can't receive this.
    When I was in a city last week the 4G worked fine on my xaomi as it was probably on 1800mhz

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭BubbleBuddy

Am only waiting since this morning to port from VF. Not changed so far. No contract. Legacy PAYG. Not getting too stressed though, it will port when it ports (hopefully). No doubt they're inundated, particularly after the weekend.

More worried about what kind of data connection I'll end up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭djan

wolf9 wrote: »

Unfortunately the Mi6 only supports band 3. To get full coverage in Ireland, you would also need band 20 support.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Oige1981

What have you to lose?

At worst you will lose your activation fee if you decide to drop out.

Still very much a no brainer

Ported two phones from Tesco Mobile could not be any happier - the only thing that didn’t work straight away was data as the iPhone still had old settings from previous. Simple 5 second fix - delighted and over the moon being honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Am only waiting since this morning to port from VF. Not changed so far. No contract. Legacy PAYG. Not getting too stressed though, it will port when it ports (hopefully). No doubt they're inundated, particularly after the weekend.

More worried about what kind of data connection I'll end up with.

Interesting! Have a port scheduled for 4PM today on a Vodafone PAYG number...hoping for a faster port than that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭wolf9

djan wrote: »
    Unfortunately the Mi6 only supports band 3. To get full coverage in Ireland, you would also need band 20 support.

Thanks very much, was slowly was coming to that realisation myself doing frequency checks, that's a disaster , it works perfectly with 3, never even thought to check it

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Oige1981

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Got my sim today - ordered on 18/10/19. Working fine although the speeds at home (3 km north east of Newport Tipperary) are not great. Haven't ported my number yet but intend on doing so in the next few days.

That’s what I done for 5 days then ported both numbers yesterday. Voicemail took 12 hours after port was successful so just wait if it’s not working that’s what support said. Now all perfect - 5 stars!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭djan

wolf9 wrote: »
    Thanks very much, was slowly was coming to that realisation myself doing frequency checks, that's a disaster , it works perfectly with 3, never even thought to check it

Their newer models in the global version (they also sell chinese version which only support their networks) do support all bands. See how you get on with 3g only as the network could be less congested and actually yield better results. I get that sometimes with Vodafone actually..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I don’t know where they might have seen it, and maybe it is correct...

FAQ from https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/faq/question-and-answers-roaming
    11. If I travel and call or text a friend, do I have to worry on which operator he/she is or whether it is a fixed or mobile?

No. When you are roaming in the EU, all calls to mobile and fixed numbers in the EU will be counted against your national volume of minutes (or will be unlimited if you have unlimited calls at home), exactly as if you were calling within your home country. If you have distinct so-called ‘on-net’ and ‘off-net’ volumes in your national bundle, all the roaming minutes may be all deducted from the off-net volume, and also when you call another subscriber of the same domestic operator while roaming.

For example: If you have a Belgian card and you travel to France and call either a hotel in France, back home to Belgium, or to any other country in the EU and the EEA, you are roaming (refer to legal text on the regulation on roaming) , and you will pay Belgian internal domestic prices (refer to legal text).
    However, if a Belgian SIM card holder calls from Belgium to Spain, she/he will pay the international tariff. Calls from home to another EU country are not roaming and are not regulated.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

No, PAYG. Still nothing, failed again when tried today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Rescheduled the 2 ports which didn’t go through at the weekend for my parents this morning on the advice of gomo support. Both due to go through at 09:30am this morning. Still nothing.
    Will be cancelling and demanding a refund tomorrow morning if they haven’t gone through. Life is too short to be dealing with these incompetent clowns.
    If it goes to plan then everything is great. If not then do yourself a favour and cancel, as gomo support are worse than useless.

In exactly the same boat. One of my ports was 'stuck' so they reset it and I set them both for 9am this morning but nothing so far. I'm prepared to wait but it's the hassle of getting back onto them that's annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Mine has been porting for last 3 hours but I believe it can take up to 24hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Former Coach

Scheduled porting last week but hasn't happened yet. Have tried to cancel it and re-schedule but when I try to re-schedule I'm told it can't be done as porting is in progress. Waiting (a very long time) for online chat!
    Any suggestions?

Scheduled porting last week but hasn't happened yet. Have tried to cancel it and re-schedule but when I try to re-schedule I'm told it can't be done as porting is in progress. Waiting (a very long time) for online chat!
    Any suggestions?

DM them on Twitter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Any suggestions?

I was waiting a couple of days last week before getting onto them via Facebook. You can't cancel once the porting starts. Very slow response but they said my port was 'stuck' so they cancelled their end and I had to keep checking to see when I could reschedule. Was due to port this morning but still nothing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement