Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

xraylady wrote: »
    Exactly. It’s a small business . Couple of phones , no reason why not ? Better value than current EIR package.

Damn right, you can still take an order using a GoMo phone sim the same as someone foolish enough to pay Vodafone €65 per month :)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Not bad at all, applied for my sim last Wednesday and it arrived today.

Going to test it out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I assume the no business part is that there is no Vat invoices, no billing every quarter, no more than 30 euro bills, no SLA that business users usually require and no liability for loss of business if service is not provided.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

xraylady wrote: »
    Exactly. It’s a small business . Couple of phones , no reason why not ? Better value than current EIR package.

You could contact GoMo and explain your needs. They may offer something which is better than being disconnected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Anyone have any idea what their roaming is like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

First impressions after a couple days use are it’s really good great value for 10er a month for me anyways in the greater Dublin area.

Be interesting to see the first bill

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

.BrianJM wrote: »
    You could contact GoMo and explain your needs. They may offer something which is better than being disconnected.

GoMo only have one plan.

Disconnection aint going to happen that user either.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭BowWow

The guy wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea what their roaming is like?

Post 3072

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

GoMo only have one plan.

Disconnection aint going to happen that user either.

Ts&Cs suggest it could happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭davehey79

Was due to switch over in the morning at 11.04 but sim arrived at lunch so re arranged to port at 2.05 all done at 2.15 and all working. Only thing I can’t figure is that in iMessage it’s locked on the GoMo number of 085 and not my number I ported over. Anyone had this issue and fixed it ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭dmcguq10

Have I missed the boat? Signed up using my email address 20 mins ago but haven’t received a follow up email?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭wolf9

.BrianJM wrote: »
    Ts&Cs suggest it could happen.

It will be a long long time before they police such issues, if ever

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

TheDriver wrote: »
    I assume the no business part is that there is no Vat invoices, no billing every quarter, no more than 30 euro bills, no SLA that business users usually require and no liability for loss of business if service is not provided.

I suspect if you looked up Free you'd see the same rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

Qrt wrote: »
    My port is planned for tomorrow morning. Being honest, I’m a bit terrified. I’m off away on Thursday and I REALLY need this to go smoothly for me. I’m with Eir at the moment so I’m sure that’s of some benefit, but I’m worried nonetheless...

Port scheduled for 09:13, Eir SIM lost signal at around 09:40, number ported over at 12:23.

I was worried for a while but it soon worked out. Very happy so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

My dad received his son this morning, port scheduled for 3.37, he sent me a text at 3.39 to say everything had gone smoothly...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Bluefoam wrote: »
    My dad received his son this morning..

Very biblical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Bluefoam wrote: »
    My dad received his son this morning, port scheduled for 3.37, he sent me a text at 3.39 to say everything had gone smoothly...

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

Well , went ahead & ordered . Let the games begin ! Reg website completely different than from when I looked at it last week .
    This should be fun :-) or a nightmare .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Got my sim the other day, 3 sim went dead at 8am this morning exactly when I told it to but the number didn't port for 8 hours after that, all good now though, LTE throughout our office building in Bray which is a bit of a dead zone and 70-80 mb/s download speeds, bargain of the decade! Like a free tenner every month forever and no more getting caught out because I didnt top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

Thargor wrote: »
    no more getting caught out because I didnt top up.

Yeah , this was one of the clinchers for me. Also I think Vodafone were selling a stroke too with having to top up every 28 days . I say between topping up a day earlier or on time , I say they were getting an extra €20 out of me by the end of the year .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

sinnerboy0 wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but is anyone having issues receiving calls & texts from Vodafone numbers? I ported my number on Thursday 24/10. Data Works fine, I can call all numbers, text all numbers, calls and texts from Three numbers are fine and calls from landlines are okay, but calls and texts to my GoMO from Vodafone numbers don't work. When I call from my wife's or my Vodafone work phones it says invalid number.

Also, annoyingly, when I try to set up new payee on my online banking, I can't receive the SMS security code (presumably because they use Vodafone to text them out).

I have contacted support, but they tell me my number ported fine from their end and to contact Vodafone (which is stupid as I'm not a Vodafone customer).

GF's mother has moved over to GoMo. GF (on Three) can't text her mother. Calls go through fine. Texts can be received from other providers. Anybody had similar? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

boombang wrote: »
    GF's mother has moved over to GoMo. GF (on Three) can't text her mother. Calls go through fine. Texts can be received from other providers. Anybody had similar? Thanks
    Turn it off for half an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

davehey79 wrote: »
    Was due to switch over in the morning at 11.04 but sim arrived at lunch so re arranged to port at 2.05 all done at 2.15 and all working. Only thing I can’t figure is that in iMessage it’s locked on the GoMo number of 085 and not my number I ported over. Anyone had this issue and fixed it ??

You need to change the number in your iMessage settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Turn it off for half an hour.

Cheers Thargor. Will report progress in the morning.

God bless the internet and the free advice it brings.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Don't have an iPhone but I have seen this issue resolved in earlier threads if you check back :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

dmcguq10 wrote: »
    Have I missed the boat? Signed up using my email address 20 mins ago but haven’t received a follow up email?

I failed to get emails because I used revolut, which may or may not work.

Check your spam folder.
    I think some people have had problems when using Microsoft email.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Oige1981

Got my sim the other day, 3 sim went dead at 8am this morning exactly when I told it to but the number didn't port for 8 hours after that, all good now though, LTE throughout our office building in Bray which is a bit of a dead zone and 70-80 mb/s download speeds, bargain of the decade! Like a free tenner every month forever and no more getting caught out because I didnt top up.

It’s fantastic ain’t it! I swapped over two phones - I was sick of calling people insufficient credit - texting the asking them to call me etc the data alone is so worth it - I watched live tv no issue while in cafe chilling could never do that before or I’d use up all my data - amazing deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Oige1981

Enable it - it asked me when I put in the sim new number or continue with old number ie my own number I selected this and no issue maybe sign out of iCloud etc and back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭BuzzG

Is it possible to use Personal Hotspot on iPhone with GoMo ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

BuzzG wrote: »
    Is it possible to use Personal Hotspot on iPhone with GoMo ?

I presume so as you can on Android.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement